Stepping into Your New Season

kayte

Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday"

Psalm 37:5-6

We have those times in our lives when it seems we have stepped from sure footing onto shaky ground. Looking back, we find that everything seemed so certain. But in the present we feel like someone standing on a log in the middle of a river, frantically moving our feet this way and that, with our arms outstretched and trying to keep our balance.

I'm sure that's how Peter felt when he got out of the boat. Along with the other disciples, he was in a storm, but as a fisherman, he was used to that and the boat was a place of safety for him. But the minute he stepped over the side of the boat and placed his foot solidly on the top of that first wave, he was in foreign territory.

Walking on water isn't something you do halfway. In the same way, you either commit totally to the Lord, or you don't. That's where God separates the wheat from the chaff. However unnerving it may be to find yourself standing in the most unlikely, unpredictable circumstances as Peter did, it's really a place of surety.

If you are facing a time of uncertainty in your life right now, I beg you to return to the Lord. Orchestrate your schedule in such a way that you can have some time alone with the Lord. Come back to that place of rest, the place where you first met Jesus.

You remember it, don't you? It was there, in your “Garden of Eden”, as you walked with Jesus in the cool of the day, that you found your confidence in God. You knew in the deepest part of your soul the reason why you were created. You knew you would never be alone. You knew you could never fail. Your mind was quiet before the Lord, and He spoke without hindrance into your life.

I'm finding more every day how invaluable these regular times with Jesus really are. It's bearing fruit in every area of my life. My joy has increased, which has enabled me to more boldly share the Gospel. There is a peace in my heart that is not shaken by external things, killing every bit of jealousy and strife in me. Worry is becoming less of an issue.
This is my prayer for you as you step into the next phase of your life, into your new season.

May the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7). And may you also find this beautiful place of rest in the Lord.

By Paul Dailey

Last edited:

kayte

What’s Next?

READ: Philippians 3:7-16
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. —Philippians 3:14

In the television series The West Wing, fictional president Josiah Bartlet regularly ended staff meetings with two words—“What’s next?” It was his way of signaling that he was finished with the issue at hand and ready to move on to other concerns. The pressures and responsibilities of life in the White House demanded that he not focus on what was in the rear-view mirror—he needed to keep his eyes ahead, moving forward to what was next.

In a sense, the apostle Paul had a similar perspective on life. He knew that he had not “arrived” spiritually, and that he had a long way to go in becoming like Christ. What could he do? He could either fixate on the past, with its failures, disappointments, struggles, and disputes, or he could learn from those things and move on to “what’s next.”

In Philippians 3, Paul tells us how he chose to live his life: “Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (vv.13-14). It’s a perspective that speaks of moving on—of embracing what’s next. It is where we too must focus as we seek to be shaped into the image of the Savior while we look forward to eternity with Him. — Bill Crowder

Onward and upward your course plan today,
Seeking new heights as you walk Jesus’ way;
Heed not past failures, but strive for the prize,
Aiming for goals fit for His holy eyes. —Brandt

Keep your eyes fixed on the prize.

I'm glad it spoke to us
and this devotion seemed to go hand in hand :)
blessings~~~