Steps to Follow after taking out a weave?

cocoagirl

What are the proper steps to take with you hair after you take out a weave? I know you are not supposed to wash your hair until you have removed all shed hair and have combed hair thoroughly, but whatdo you do after shed hair is gone? Are you supposed to coat your hair in conditioner for a few hours to let it "soften" before you wash? Should you do a protein treatment or just focus on remoisturizing? Can someone outline what one should do with their hair immediately after cutting out the last track from your hair?

tia!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I dont know all the steps but maybe a prepoo will help to soften, a mild protein treatment, and a moisturing DC. HTH

msa

This link may be helpful to you:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298353&highlight=

Also, when I take out a weave I wash and do a moisturizing DC. I leave my hair alone after that and wait until the next day to see what my hair feels like and what I think it needs. Here are my steps:
Unbraid. Comb through and make sure the shed hair is gone and there's no build up. I braid in a few sections and wash and detangle each section in the shower one by one. Then DC, rinse, and airdry in the braids.

sikora

This link may be helpful to you:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298353&highlight=

Also, when I take out a weave I wash and do a moisturizing DC. I leave my hair alone after that and wait until the next day to see what my hair feels like and what I think it needs. Here are my steps:
Unbraid. Comb through and make sure the shed hair is gone and there's no build up. I braid in a few sections and wash and detangle each section in the shower one by one. Then DC, rinse, and airdry in the braids.

I do most of the above, except I rollerset and dry under a dryer. I wait at least two weeks before relaxing or re-weaving.

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
when i wore my sew in's (great protectivve style)....i wash and do an aphogee. as far as letting it "soften" i noticed that if ,hair felt hard and dry after a weave it was because it wasnt getting any moisture. sulfur 8 braid spray when used every other day would make it so my hair was always soft and moisturized after weave removal.

but anyway.... i did aphogee because my hair acts funny if i space them too far apart, you dont have that problem then i believe a deep conditioner would be wonderful as well

hth :)

alizwa

I just took my hair out yesterday, I prepooed my hair with amla oil and some leftover conditioner for 1hr, my hair felt like silk when I rinsed it out. Shampooed with mizani, DCed with miss key 10en1 for a further hr, rinsed, then DCed with Mizani moisturising cond. I am a natural who straightens, so used Lacio Lacio leave in cond and bit of Chi and Redken heat glide, blow dryed and straighted, and voila set to go. It took me the whole bloody day to do this, but my hair has turned out buttery soft. Hope this helps.

cocoagirl

thx ladies, i will prob prepoo for a few hours and then wash and deep condish. I didn't do that good a job of moisturizing my braids during these past weeks so hopefully my hair ain't to dry and jacked up.