Still coming out in long strands

Krymsonkween

I really knw yall r tired of me but oh well.:grin: I am still having the long strands coming out each time I comb or rub my fingers in my hair.(n0 white bulbs on the end) I had the color n bleach jan. 10th then relaxed sunday 2/21. I had my last relaxer 12/4.

I did a protein treatment sunday after the relaxer. I was thinking of doing a hot oil treatment with garlic oil in olive oil, but also thinking I should just start bunning n leave it alone. It still feels good. I have been reading that the reason of the shedding or breaking is because it is damaged. I hv been taken good care of my hair trying to stretch n bunning. I don't want to b bald.:wallbash: No more color n my ends r not bad.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
i read your thread but i didnt have no advice, im sorry.

some other ladies will come in to help you,

what moisturizers are you using??

amwcah

Okay, that is shedding. You need a garlic treatment.

I make my own with garlic cloves and coconut oil. You can slice some garlic and let it sit in the melted coconut oil for a day(or place in microwave for a minute or so) and strain out the garlic. Apply to the hair over night or 1-2 hours. It works for me.

Otherwise, purchase Alter Ego.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Okay, that is shedding. You need a garlic treatment.

I make my own with garlic cloves and coconut oil. You can slice some garlic and let it sit in the melted coconut oil for a day(or place in microwave for a minute or so) and strain out the garlic. Apply to the hair over night or 1-2 hours. It works for me.

Otherwise, purchase Alter Ego.

ohhh, see i was thinking it was a moisture issure or protein issue. thanks

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
You've done a lot to your hair in the last three months..I would give it a break and protective style and stay on top of your moisture and protein until you nurse your hair back to health. Weekly protein will be important...hth

amwcah

ohhh, see i was thinking it was a moisture issure or protein issue. thanks

Oh, wait...I just re-read the original post. Kry stated there are no white bulbs on the end, so it wouldn't be shedding.

So Kry, you colored and bleached?

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I think it's breakage from bleaching and relaxing so close together. This is what I would do until it stops-
Aphogee 2 step,
Moisturizing DC w. heat
No flat ironing or blow drying for a while
Wait at least 8-12 weeks before you relax again.

Krymsonkween

No n I had it done at the salon. She put the bleach on using a relaxer brush only just pulling it through the top to make streks. She really only left it on for about 30 seconds because it took so quick. After she finished I did not have any problems. I had shedding but made sure I took care of my hair n dc n did a protein treatment. I keep it in buns did not do alot to it.

She colored first n it did not take the highlights. It is not all colored. I hope i do not have to cut it all off n start over. Some1 also asked about my scalp. I had not put any oil on my scalp for about 2years now nor did I do hot oil treatments. I am gonna do one and just do the light protien treatment.

Wish me luck. I will never ever do bleach again.:wallbash:

Krymsonkween

I think it's breakage from bleaching and relaxing so close together. This is what I would do until it stops-
Aphogee 2 step,
Moisturizing DC w. heat
No flat ironing or blow drying for a while
Wait at least 8-12 weeks before you relax again.

How I am I gonna make it girl? Can I blow dry with cool air. My hair hate air drying. I will have to do something to keep it looking decent at the office.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
This happens to me when my scalp is off balanced. Rinse your scalp for a good 5 mins and you can Co-wash (this is not necessary) and then do an ACV and distilled water rinse (do not rinse this out leave it in, make sure you direct towards your scalp and scrub/massage it in wring out any excess) . Put in your moisturizing leave ins (and then seal your hair and try to leave it alone like another poster suggested.

ACV distilled water: You can save some for a later date
16oz of water
2tbs -1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar

HTH

Leesh

I know personally, everyone can't do Bleach with a relaxer, I had Highlights done with a relaxer a few Years back, and I did everything I should have to take care of it properly, and every single highlight fell out, its very drying, sometimes its not much You can do! Just continue to do what You've been, lots of DCing and moisturizing, I'm not sure that it will help, but all You can do is try. I wish You the Best!

Krymsonkween

Thanks ladies I am not gonna start stressing cause that will not help either. At least I know I can grow my hair. I am gonna pray and anoint my head n just breath! N not make another thread until 2morrow.:grin:

Chevelure618

I really knw yall r tired of me but oh well.:grin: I am still having the long strands coming out each time I comb or rub my fingers in my hair.(n0 white bulbs on the end) I had the color n bleach jan. 10th then relaxed sunday 2/21. I had my last relaxer 12/4.

I did a protein treatment sunday after the relaxer. I was thinking of doing a hot oil treatment with garlic oil in olive oil, but also thinking I should just start bunning n leave it alone. It still feels good. I have been reading that the reason of the shedding or breaking is because it is damaged. I hv been taken good care of my hair trying to stretch n bunning. I don't want to b bald.:wallbash: No more color n my ends r not bad.

I read that you can color relaxed hair, but not relax colored hair. It seems you have relaxed colored hair. Bleached and colored. I would just keep it up, and keep up the protein but make sure to moisture (balance) it after the protein treatments....no more than once a week.

Krymsonkween

K I knw I said I would not post but. What is the rule of thumb. n I thought I waited long enough. I waited a month. :ohwell: I just don't know anymore. I will not stress, I will not stress. I will not stress!

HairVixen

Sounds like your hair is breaking due to the combination of protein and color. Protein is a strenghtner but without moisture can snap your hair off so fast it will make your head spin. Try cholesterol treatments and/or humectants (nexxus). Stop using protein for now....get some moisture back asap!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
K I knw I said I would not post but. What is the rule of thumb. n I thought I waited long enough. I waited a month. :ohwell: I just don't know anymore. I will not stress, I will not stress. I will not stress!

No need to stress you will figure out what to do. IMO you waited the proper amount of time to dye your hair.

On another note keep in mind that whenever you take your hair from darker to lighter and in your case very light the hair and scalp get thrown off balance.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I read that you can color relaxed hair, but not relax colored hair. It seems you have relaxed colored hair. Bleached and colored. I would just keep it up, and keep up the protein but make sure to moisture (balance) it after the protein treatments....no more than once a week.

I used to think this, however my natural hair was dyed and I relaxed over it (Mizani BB) and my hair looks fab. I just make sure to make sure to do my proteins.

xcuzememiss

im experiencing something similar. i got a relaxer then 3-4 wks later i got highlights. then about a month and a half after that i got a no-lye relaxer.. i think the problem was the no-lye relaxer for me.. my hair has been coming out in long strands also.. but im praying, deep conditioning, and trying to keep my hands out of my hair.

xcuzememiss

i will say one thing.. i'm now using a mild enough protein treatment(aphogee 2 min) so that i can use it every wash and it wont damage the hair. My deep conditioner of choice is Keracare humecto (thicker formula) and sealing with wheat germ oil (ceramides). Im know thatI need to switch to a seamless comb ASAP. That might be one of the culprits.. Dont worry we are going to come out of this with thick luscious hair down to our butts!!!

RubyWoo

You are correct. OP, it sounds like your hair is over-processed.