Any1 just hanging to damaged hair

Krymsonkween

My hair is sl but thin, c through n broken off from color n bleachin. My nape was almost gone but is comin back now. Bcause the nape is thin the bak is c through. I knw I need 2 cut n start over, but I can feel d hair on my bak. I want 2 go natural n now is a great tym.

I don't wear my hair down bcause it looks thin. The sides r thick but the bak is shot!

I feel like choppin 2n8. I think I am gonna go n c some1 2morrow n let them check it out.

I hv found some patches that are 1/3 long.

Any1 else holdin on cause u can't bring urself 2 cut?

Beaute Noire

Nope, cut it!!!! To me there is nothing worse than c-thru ends :nono:. It will grow back much thicker and healthier so I say go 4 it :yep:

Odd One

:yep:

that is me right now. anytime I flatiron I get kinda depressed because my hair has NEVER been past SL (always been ear length or neck if I got lucky...)... but I am now 20 weeks post and my crown is completely broken off with some over processed hair at the nape and in my bangs... ITS A MESS!

it'll hurt to do it but I have my mind set on a BC and going natural..might even do it this week!

My advice to you is if your remaining ends are healthy keep it and just hide your hair while the rest is catching up. If your ends are split or damaged get rid of them they'll come back stronger.

kblc06

Hmm, IMHO I think it would be best to start from scratch if your hair is severely damaged. You don't have to chop all at once, but doing so sooner rather than later can help prevent the healthy hair from becoming damaged. It's disappointing at first, but I promise you'll be so much happier with your hair's progress when you have a healthier start.

Also, it would much easier to read your post if you didn't type in shorthand :) (I don't mean to be snarky-if I do I apologize)

brittanynic16

I was like that. I would have had to shave my head to get rid of the damage. I just grew it out for a year and slowly trimmed away the bad hair.

Krymsonkween

No u r not I am hvin to use my cell my pc is in the shop! I will try not to use shorthand so much for the old people! LOL

Hmm, IMHO I think it would be best to start from scratch if your hair is severely damaged. You don't have to chop all at once, but doing so sooner rather than later can help prevent the healthy hair from becoming damaged. It's disappointing at first, but I promise you'll be so much happier with your hair's progress when you have a healthier start.

Also, it would much easier to read your post if you didn't type in shorthand :) (I don't mean to be snarky-if I do I apologize)

~NanCeBoTwin~

Let me start by saying I'm a FIRM believer of to each his own....however my views on damaged hair tend to be a bit extreme....

I'm famous for cutting my hair as short as needed to get rid of any and all damage...since finding this board I've gotten a bit better about NOT asking her to trim even (or shorter to acheive a nice style)....My stylist picks on me she has told me often that if I hadn't made her cut all of my hair just to get rid of the damaged spots I'd probably be MBL..But she understands me and I love her for that..but I have issues looking at damaged hair, I'd rather have short healthy hair then to watch damaged ends grow.

Well, I have some messed up hair from underprocessing the last year. Now I'm going natural, I did do a trim last month to neaten the ends, but I do not want to chop it all off right now, as I just prefer having enough hair to put into a ponytail or a few braids, so I will BC probably later this year.

sqzbly1908

Let me start by saying I'm a FIRM believer of to each his own....however my views on damaged hair tend to be a bit extreme....

I'm famous for cutting my hair as short as needed to get rid of any and all damage...since finding this board I've gotten a bit better about NOT asking her to trim even (or shorter to acheive a nice style)....My stylist picks on me she has told me often that if I hadn't made her cut all of my hair just to get rid of the damaged spots I'd probably be MBL..But she understands me and I love her for that..but I have issues looking at damaged hair, I'd rather have short healthy hair then to watch damaged ends grow.

I am the same way...I have no qualms cutting either, sometimes you have to sacrifice the length for the health as it will work out in the end...

nymane

This is my Plan verbatim.:grin: Thanks for posting......

I was like that. I would have had to shave my head to get rid of the damage. I just grew it out for a year and slowly trimmed away the bad hair.

Yup I agree with this...1 year ago the back area of my hair was chewed up & completely broken...I got a trim (a small trim just to get rid of the splits) and I wore textured styles for a year, dusted in between and today my hair is 100% better...

I mean my nape area is still shorter but it looks great now...

It just depends on how much you want to sacrifice. If I was going to wear straight styles I would have cut it.

frizzy

My suggestion is that if you are gonna wear your hair out, cut it.
If you keep it bunned or in a protective style let it grow out some more before cutting.

ms.blue

I have heat damage on the horseshoe left out from a weave I had last year. I flatironed that piece of hair every other day to blend with the weave hair (huge mistake). I did this until I noticed that the sides didn't revert back & the top turned wavy:wallbash:. It's not noticeable when I flatiron but when natural it looks so stupid. I thought that since I'm natural I thought flatiron a lot:nono:. Now I have been slowly cutting those pieces off. Luckily it wasn't a big horseshoe.

MsSonya

:yep:

that is me right now. anytime I flatiron I get kinda depressed because my hair has NEVER been past SL (always been ear length or neck if I got lucky...)... but I am now 20 weeks post and my crown is completely broken off with some over processed hair at the nape and in my bangs... ITS A MESS!

it'll hurt to do it but I have my mind set on a BC and going natural..might even do it this week!

My advice to you is if your remaining ends are healthy keep it and just hide your hair while the rest is catching up. If your ends are split or damaged get rid of them they'll come back stronger.

This is what I plan to do. I dont believe in trims. :nono: Don't have the heart. :sad: My ends are pretty healthy, so I am PS and 'waiting' :ohwell:for it to catch up.

hillytmj

I understand your pain, and I've been there myself. My hair was severely damaged from bleaching and it was also see through. I couldn't do the BC at the time (it was too drastic of a change for me), so I started getting DC's and protein treatments to at least take care of what I had. I also started getting 1 inch trims with each relaxer.

After about two months of these special treatments, my stylist colored my hair back to it's natural dark brown state. That instantly made it look better, but the hair was still damaged so we continued trimming till the damaged hair was all gone. The nice thing about going back to my natural color was that I didn't have to do touchups because my roots were the same as the demipermanent color.

When I started this process, I had about 2-3 inches of new growth and my damaged hair continue to APL . With this reggie, plus vitamins, my hair grew out to healthy SL within 11 months.