Still growing...

so1913

My hair has been pretty much in hide mode the past 6 months. Now that it's getting warm, I decided to start wearing it out again. For me I don't really "see" the difference, or see there being a drastic change in length, but I've had a lot of people make a comment about how much hair I have and how it's grown.

Even though I may not "see" it so much, I have noticed in handling it that I cannot do my wash and go's like I used to. I used to just jump in the shower, wash, detangle, and apply product. Now I actually have to section off my hair to detangle, wash and condition in sections, and apply product by section to style. It takes longer, but the two times prior that I didn't do it this way for my wash n' go I wanted to tear my hair out!

Anyways, here's an updated pic, my siggy hair is pretty old now. I think I am going to keep going. Currently this is the longest length I've been since going natural in 2004. I think the protective styling (me just being lazy with my hair and not doing it) worked for the best and I'm considering going back to it (although my BF HATES it!!! He doesn't have to handle this stuff on my head though lol!).

These aren't the best pics as I took them with my phone, but it gives you an idea of where I am at on this journey especially for those who have following from the beginning.

HHG!!

ETA: 4 day old hair...it looses definition and gets really "fluffy". I'm hanging on though, wash day isn't as easy as it used to be for me to redo it every other day lol. Just pinned up the front and kept it moving...

Last edited:

faithVA

Beautiful head of hair. I think your shrinkage is misleading. In its shrunken state your hair doesn't look that much longer. But I can tell by the fullness your hair is way longer than it was in your siggy. What are you know BSL, MBL?

so1913

What do you use for your wash and go? It looks gorgeous.

Thanks I'm in experiment mode (trying to suppress the pj urges though lol) but the styling product used here (which seems to work best for me) is eco styler for color treated. I stocked up once I found out this formulation was discontinued. Underneath is a little yes to carrots conditioner that I partially rinsed out and added some yes 2 carrots leave in. i just started using these products. This is 2nd and 3rd day hair. As it gets longer my wash and go's last a little better.

greenandchic

Thanks I'm in experiment mode (trying to suppress the pj urges though lol) but the styling product used here (which seems to work best for me) is eco styler for color treated. I stocked up once I found out this formulation was discontinued. Underneath is a little yes to carrots conditioner that I partially rinsed out and added some yes 2 carrots leave in. i just started using these products. This is 2nd and 3rd day hair. As it gets longer my wash and go's last a little better.

That was the best Ecostyler for WnG - I still have about 3 oz left...

Harina

Your hair is awesome and I like the richness of the color. You should submit yourself to be one of the features on Black Girl Long Hair.

pearcey

...dream hair...

do you mind if i use your photo instead of this current one I have?

I have the attached posted as an inspirational hair goal.

see attached...

Attachments

• dream hair.jpg
    dream hair.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 38

BlaqBella

Op's hair is just as gorgeous! Love both their heads of hair. ^^ Thanks for sharing Op. Great progress!!

lana

I think your hair is absolutely beautiful. I am 4a/b transitioning (from texlaxed) and while I love my hair - it is BSL and doesn't look as long and thick as yours when I wear my twist out. I think you are mid back length and it is beautiful!

Last edited:

Garner

Your hair is absolutely lovely!!! How are you wearing it at bedtime? How often are you having to redo your wash n go?

so1913

Your hair is absolutely lovely!!! How are you wearing it at bedtime? How often are you having to redo your wash n go?

I either use a loc sock or hooded band to contain my loose hair while sleeping. I did my hair Sunday so today will make day 5, although I'm not sure I can pull off another day with my hair loose after today. My was and go definitely last longer than it did when my hair was shorter.

so1913

I think your hair is absolutely beautiful. I am 4a/b transitioning (from texlaxed) and while I love my hair - it is BSL and doesn't look as long and thick as yours when I wear my twist out. I think you are mid back length and it is beautiful!

Naaaah I don't think its that long yet!