Straight Haired Naturals and Relaxed Heads - whats your fav heat protectant???

Wenbev

Fall is just about here and I like wearing my hair straight during this time of the year thru spring. I thermally pressed my hair from mid September last year thru the last week of April without harm to my hair, with the exception of an inch of hair only in the back that had some heat damage. This one inch would not revert for anything.:nono:
So, I'd love to hear what everyone is doing to protect their hair from regular heat usage! Thanks in advance!!!

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I have been using the Aphogee Green tea reconstructor and the Carol's DAughter serum

Lita

Chi silk-serum

Tresseme-Heat tamer leave-in spray

Tressame-Keratin shine mist

Sabinio moisture block

*Tresseme is on sale at Walgreens..Nice size bottles too..

Happy Hair Growing!

Wenbev

sabino has been mentioned 2x hmmm, the pj is calling me :grin:

Napp I loved everything salerm when I was relaxed. I dont know why I havent given in a chance as a natural.

shtow

Fantasia Heat protecting serum

Best protectant IMO

Be sure to only use a protectant on your hair to prevent damage. Also, serums protect better than water based protectants.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
THe Chi made my fine natural strands crispy.

I like the Mixed Chicks straightening serum. It resists reversion really well.

Wenbev

Thanks everyone!
PJism is coming out. Went to Marshalls copped some CHI products, Lita hit Walgreens bought enough conditioner to cowash for the next 3 months! lol On the fence with sabino since I live in the desert, no real humidity problems really...

back2relaxed

I've used Chi Keratin Mist(love it), currently using Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer(Marshall's was out of Chi Keratin Mist when I needed to repurchase). I use both of those as leave in proteins, and then before I use heat I use Redken Heat Glide. I absolutely love it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
When I was 'playing' around with Heat I used (in no particular order):

FHI Hotsauce
CHI Keratin Mist
Apoghee Green Tea Restructurizer
IC Fantasia Serum
Jasmines Bath & Beauty Silk Spritz *discontinued*

Dove56

I love, love, love, Living Proof Prime Style Extender on damp hair with one pump of Living Proof oil free / silicone free Serum.

Wenbev

Dove56 I've been tempted to try some living proof products! Adding that to the purchase list! Funny, I don't mind cones when my hair is straight...

Dove56

Dove56 I've been tempted to try some living proof products! Adding that to the purchase list! Funny, I don't mind cones when my hair is straight...

Wenbev

I didn't like the Living Proof products I tried a few years ago they made my hair so dry.

I got a couple of samples of products I mentioned from Sephora and I haven't used anything in my hair since June. Those two products make my hair feel so moist and soft and it's so shiny. I won't be without them!

mywinborne

I use the Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor as a light protein before blowdrying and this great spray called Tyche Black flat iron spray with keratin before flat ironing. Its full of silicones but its very light which is great for my fine hair and I didn't revert all summer in NC heat and my curls are the same when I wash.

Wenbev

I use the Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor as a light protein before blowdrying and this great spray called Tyche Black flat iron spray with keratin before flat ironing. Its full of silicones but its very light which is great for my fine hair and I didn't revert all summer in NC heat and my curls are the same when I wash.

I am definitely picking up the green tea recon. I've heard nothing but good about it!

LadyPBC

Thank you for this thread OP. Not to jack it but I often wonder if its the product or the technique. I've tried many of these products and my hair is always poofy, stiff and lifeless. :blush: I haven't figured it out yet. :perplexed I don't straighten often (probably because I am 1 - afraid of heat and 2 - not good at doing it well):nono:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
One of the following:

Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Heat Protector Straightening Serum
It's A 10 Miracle Leave-in Product
Dax Pomade