Naturals - getting your hair super straight

RainbowCurls

Soo....
give me your tips/products for getting your hair super straight and lasting til you wash it.
I was thinking I might be better off getting some old-school "grease" type products?!
I don't care how greasy or lifeless it ends up - as it's only for photographic purposes!

Usually (the twice or so a year!) I do something along the lines of:
- shampoo/condition
- coconut oil
- cream heat protectant
- blow dry with comb attachment
- spray heat protectant
- hair straighteners (flat iron)
- hair serum + anti-humectant
going easy on the product, so my hair ends up with movement and everything, but starts to frizz and revert in about 2 nanoseconds.

BlackMasterPiece

Your reggie sounds about right would you say you have high quality blow dryer and a 100% ceramic iron? You may want to add a hot combing step before the flat ironing and if you really want a sleek straight look then you may wanna try upping the heat if you have the kind of strands that can handle it.

ETA: Here's my straightening reggie step by step products technique etc

Last edited:

Auburn

• Wash
  • Condition
  • Detangle
  • Band hair in about 16 ponytails
  • Air dry (if possible)
  • Apply sabino moisture block (or anything that will block humidity and protect from heat)
  • Chase the comb flat iron technique in small sections

HTH
I plan on doing a video one day.

Bene

Copy and pasted from my blog thingy:

Straightening/flat ironing:
Ok, this is when my products will alter. I don't do this very often, since it's time consuming, and the less heat, the better my hair is in the long run.

Since I am currently cone-free, generic hair serums, creams, and goo are not options. I use the entire Living Proof line. Instead of silicones, they use a teflon derivative, and have a selection of styling products for different hair types.

Shampooing and conditioning technique remain the same, only I won't do an ACV rince. Hair up in a towel until damp, then apply the No Frizz straight making cream (same way I apply oil), then comb/detangle. Then blow dry until hair is dry, then section hair off and use flat iron, at about 310 degrees Fahrenheit. I have a Solia.

LadyRaider

I'm a long time transitioner but I used the thermasmooth line this week. The only thing was, I didn't get that straight flat ironing myself with the chi. I went to a stylist and what she did was simply go over my flatironing again and my hair is super straight and I've been out in the mist for two days bare headed. Not a hint of reversion.

I think I needed to go over my hair more than once to get it this straight by myself.

Another thing... the thermasmooth stuff weighs down my hair (might be my heavy-handedness) but since I'm wearing it up this week, it doesn't matter.

Curlybeauty

-I wash and use a cheapie condish to detangle/
-Rinse cheapie out and apply a SUPER moisturizing deep condish...whichever one you have will work.
-Go under the dryer with the deep on for atleat 30 mins to 1hr
-Rinse the deep out in h2o as cold as you can stand it..apply porosity control too and rinse out after about 30 secs.
-Apply either CHI keratin mist or Aphogee green tea, leave-in, and some argan oil/silk infusion(in that order)..only a little bit of leave-in if any at all, as well as the silk infusion/oil..
-Blow-dry the hair with a paddle brush
-Once hair is about 80% dry, crank the heat up to high and blow it out all over again to get it smooth and how you like it...
-Flat iron in super thin sections with the chase method...I just bought this new toy to flat iron with...its like two soft boar bristle brushes that clamp dwn like a flat iron, and you chase with it...
HTH