Straight Haired Naturals and Relaxed Heads - whats your fav heat protectant???

tiffjust2002

I use Suave, it's like $2 and some change at Walmart and I haven't had any heat damage, it's a spray works great for me and it's cheap lol

Wenbev

Thank you for this thread OP. Not to jack it but I often wonder if its the product or the technique. I've tried many of these products and my hair is always poofy, stiff and lifeless. :blush: I haven't figured it out yet. :perplexed I don't straighten often (probably because I am 1 - afraid of heat and 2 - not good at doing it well):nono:

LadyPBC you are not jacking girl :grin: we are all trying to share info
Stiffness in the hair sounds like too much or too little product before heat styling.
This is what I did all last winter and into the spring when I thermally pressed my hair 2x a month:
Prepoo with a ceramide rich oil for 30-40 min with heat, wash w Giovanni clarifying and hydrating shampoo, follow with Giovanni nutrafix reconstructor (soft protein), dc with Giovanni smooth as silk deep cond. Rinse out, tshirt dry for 15 min, lightly add a leave in cond, moroccan oil frizz control and lastly redken heat glide which is now smooth down as a heat protectant.
I would then braid in eight and go over to my stylist for a blow dry and press.

Anyone else like to add?

Guinan

Re-Branding
I like Chi iron guard but there is another one that is AMAZING!!!!! I 1st discovered it when I was natural. It was a heat protectant that helped keep the hair from reverting. I can't remember the name. When I find it I was def post the name of it. I still use it. It's a little pricey but I think its worth it.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I found it!!! It's by matrix. It's their sleek line. The heat protectant is called "sleek iron smoother". Their sleek line works really well for both naturals and relaxed hair. When I was natural, their sleek line was my saving grace. It really reduced my frizzys.

Last edited:

Wenbev

I found it!!! It's by matrix. It's their sleek line. The heat protectant is called "sleek iron smoother". Their sleek line works really well for both naturals and relaxed hair. When I was natural, their sleek line was my saving grace. It really reduced my frizzys.

pelohello Thanks girl! I'm going to pick that one up too. :grin: