Straightening hair and dandruff

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
After keeping my hair flat ironed for two weeks ( I washed and redid after one week), I now have dandruff. It's not bad, but its there. I'm trying to figure out why. Two weeks is the longest I've kept my hair straight in almost a year, could it be my new regimen (daily cowashing). If I don't wash/rinse often, will this happen again? Why did it happen in the first place? Any answers/experiences?

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
nubianqt86 said:
After keeping my hair flat ironed for two weeks ( I washed and redid after one week), I now have dandruff. It's not bad, but its there. I'm trying to figure out why. Two weeks is the longest I've kept my hair straight in almost a year, could it be my new regimen (daily cowashing). If I don't wash/rinse often, will this happen again? Why did it happen in the first place? Any answers/experiences?

It could be a number of reasons. Your hair may need to be washed every week. Alos, oowashing causes buildup in some of us, that could be your case. Did you have a problem with dandruff before cowashing?

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
When I was relaxing I had a little dandruff. It would come and go. I haven't had any since I started transitioning (cowashing, less poo). I don't think its build up because I poo'd before flat ironing.

Last edited:

Millahdoowop

This may not apply to you but when I had dry scalp/dandruff it was because I wasn't drinking enough water and I think my vitamins are helping as well, but I may be wrong.