Stretched Ponytail Drying Method!!! Hells Yeah!!! But Not Perfect....

sengschick

The Bun Master
:lol: Y'all know I get amped. :lol: Okay, so for the very first time I did the 2 ponytail method of drying my hair b/c I wanted it straight (tangling and the bush are driving me mad). I made two ponytails and pulled the hair that was hanging across to the other side (under the other holder and over the top) and pinned it in place. It was late and cold, so I sat under the bonnet on medium for a few hours. I loosened the holder and wrapped my head w/a scarf before I went to sleep. My hair still wasn't dry this morning where the hair wrapped around the other pony and where the holder was. But the rest of my hair is so straight I can't believe it :eek: . The hair that was held closest to scalp by the holder is straighter than my hair is when I blow and flat iron. This is so amazing to me b/c this new growth which has been soooo disorderly this go round.

So help me perfect it... how do I get rid of the ponytail holder bumps? Do you wrap your hair once it's dry (almost dry) or just style so that it's hidden (bantus or twists or something)? Does it eventually come out? Or do you just accept them as part of the process (I can do that). Right now I have a pin-up bun and so the part down the center wasn't a problem. I usually wear a part in the front anyway, so it's not str8 (never is) but who cares?! My stuff is silky, shiny and smooth! Wait til I slap some Salerm on it :grin: !!

I really like this method also. I usually have the little bumps also from the holder, but they look more like waves.

ms_jennifer said:
I really like this method also. I usually have the little bumps also from the holder, but they look more like waves.
Mine were on the deep side, but it's just a few. Do they just come out over time? It's on an odd part of the hair that's the only reason why I'm vaguely interested. This method is most certainly a keeper! :)

I've been doing a version of this for over a year now. I put my hair in 1 ponytail and take the length smooth it and then pin it toward the front of my hair. I usually sit under the dryer until the ponytail part is dry (about 30 min). Then I sit with the ponytail for an additional 15 min. Usually the front base by now and only the hair right inside the ponytail is still wet. I then take the ponytail loose and let it dry that way. It gets a tad poogy but I just add a lil oil or moisturizer brush with my Denman brush and sit for another 5 min.

If you wanted to completely airdry and get rid of the the ponytial line you could always just take the ponytail holder out, moisturize the hair and sit under the dryer for about 5-10 min. The heat will work out the line. After that just brush it with appropriate brush and you should be good to go. :)

Back