Struggling with Protein overload? Want a cure? Get in here...solved my problem

mahogany_horizons

I struggled with a mild to moderate level of protein overload for about two weeks. After many nights of crying and driving my hubby crazy, my mom gave me some insight to solve my own problem.

She told me to saturate my hair with olive oil. I had been conditioning with moisture intensive conditioners and everything, every other day. Nothing could fix it until I saturated my hair with oil.

I rubbed the oil really good on my entire head, but especially my new growth which was the most severely affected. Put a plastic bag on my hair (I also wet my hair a little bit) for about 30 minutes.

I rinsed that out, (I could already tell my hair was fixed then), and followed it up with silk elements hair cholesterol.

All those things that I tried and none of them deep conditioning with heat, (I even baggied one night) brought me out of it like just 30 minutes with my hair just coated with oil and conditioner.

If you are going to do this, be very careful especially if you have fine strands like mine. You run the risk of making your hair mushy..it's so effective that if left on a few hours, your hair will feel like soup.

But if you need a quick fix, coat your hair with oil, rub it in good, and coat your hair with a plastic cap.

Oh my goodness, good as new, and I'm happy to know that if I suffer this protein overload again, I know how to fix it!

southerncitygirl

yeah, overloads are usually corrected with treating it with the exact opposite to restore balance. glad that worked for you. :)