STUCK AT ONE LENGTH!!!

diamondlady

Anyone out there can't seem to get passed one length? Your hair grows but something always happens and never gets passed a certain length.

Me! I seem to have no problem growing to BSL but when I have to get to midback or waistlength my ends start having issues and then it gets uneven and all sorts of problems arise. Right now I am having this very problem. I made it to BSL but for the past month it seems to be stuck. I feel like it is growing but it is hard to retain length. I just gave myself a trim after taking my avatar pic and then I have started back to using MN and the baggie method. Hopefully I can get over the BSL slump. I wear a lacefront mostly and have my hair either wrapped or braided underneath, no manipulation at all for 2 weeks. I just don't get why I've been stuck at this same spot. I am trying to get my hair to be able to grow without the ends getting messed up, I just hope the baggie method can keep my ends in top shape.

It seems extremely hard for me to get past APL. I feel like i've been there forever. The worst thing is, when it finally seems like it's about to go past that, it thins out on the ends and i'm forced to trim or at least dust. I do protective styles alot and i also try to baggie every night (haven't been able to do so the past week cause finals are this week) and i also try to moisturize twice a day. If i don't do it twice a day, i do it at least once. I don't get why i'm not retaining more length and thickness.

Miss Fallon, & God anointed,

I guess we're in the minority. I think if we manage to get over that one length we seem to get stuck at, then we'll probably reach our goals. Persistance may be the key.

Both of you seem to have the same problem I have. One step forward 3/4 step back.

diamondlady, when I was relaxed i was stuck around shoulder length for about a decade! This was due to breakage and/or cutting due to breakage!

So, the solution, is to stop breakage.
How you acheive it it's up to what your hair wants... no chemicals, no heat, no friction etc.

Back