Stupid Question about Motions Oil Moisturizer Silk Protien Conditioner

asubeauty

My friend let me use some of this conditioner and I love it!! It's thick and creamy and leaves my hair super soft! My rollerset was soft and bouncy. I love this stuff! :love:

But my question... is it a moisturizing conditioner or a mild protien?? I know that it says oil moisturizer, but is also says it has silk protiens. I'm confused :confused:. Does anyone use this product?? If so, how do you use it...as a protien or a moisturizing conditioner?

I use it immediately after I relax my hair, before I neutralize it. It makes my hair feel really soft, but strong. I always thought that it was a protein reconstructor type conditioner. I don't use it outside of my relaxer days.

Hugs,
Crys

I would classify this as a "mild-medium" type protein conditioner. I used it weekly for a month at a time during my transition without any problems... it kept my demarcation line nice & strong. Just keep in mind... just cuz it was "mild" on my hair doesn't mean that it'll be "mild" on urs...case in point... I used this on my neighbors hair... week 2, her hair was sorta on the "hard" side... I guess it was protein overload :confused: :ohwell: ...

Like Mochalolita, I used mine(with peppermint eo added) during my relaxing process with my Motions relaxer. I was using it every week because I didn't have a good deep conditioner. I was concerned about the protein and the prolonged usage of it; so I went on a search and found out that CPR was a deep conditioner, a very good one might I add. Now I only use my silk protien with my relaxers only. It didn't cause any damage, because I believe my hair needed it every week after my touch up. It made my hair nice and strong AND soft.

~op~

I relax with Motions Oil Moisturizer so I use this conditioner when I relax but I used to use it once a month for a ptrotein treatment. I have since discovered Nexxus Keraphix and Emergencee and use those but whenever I relax I ALWAYS follow with this conditioner. I also like the results I get from using this.

I used to use this as a mild protein treatment every week with no ill effect. My hair loved this conditioner...

Then something happened and my hair stopped responding to it :( I used to really love it though.

Oh, and I used to mix olive oil in it too!

ETA: I did not follow with a moisturizing condtioner after I used this product.

Last edited:
I used this for the first time this weekend and it left my hair with that squeaky feel, so for my hair, it acts like a protein treatment. I will only use mine after relaxers and for protein treatments. I don't think my hair can handle it more often.

When I put it on, I got the urge to put the WHOLE jar on my head...it IZ really good...Now I want to try the CPR.

I use it as a moisturizing conditioner because on the bottle it states that it increases moisturization by 300%. Now days I think everything has protien in it. I use it after my relaxers too that stuff is great. When I want a protien I use the reconstructer mixed up like Cathy Howse's recipe or aphogee. I use the CPR too.

mochamadness said:
I would say it's a mosturizer/mild protein in one.

I agree.... My only gripe with it is that it seems to leave my hair with a slightly "coated" feeling... I think it must contain a lot of "cones"... :look:

I use it only once in a while. ;)

Back