stupid question

Plenty

what is the difference between underprossed hair hair, and damaged hair?

Thanks

My hair looks all dry and underprossed on the ends, but smooth and silky on the top, that is where I thought scandolus hairdresser overprocessed hair.

My hair used to have an underpressed texturizer look, but was smooth and bouncy after rollersets

a few weeks ago I had a different stylist put some relaxer on the ends so my hair would be all the same texture. She did for like 1-3 minutes, but she didn't smooth it any

My hair it is all puffy at the ends, so mad! I wounder is it still underprocessed or damaged from the relaxer?

Thank you for your time :)

Underprocessed: Did you have a No-Lye perm? Dermarcation line must be showing where the new straight hair meets the kinky hair at the ends (the old perm)

Damaged: Overprocessed.

Sounds like you have either to me, which dunno. The perm was pulled through the ends once, don't do it twice, breakage will occur. Try Emergencee by Nexxus as a med-light protein treatment, do it back to back with heat and cap. Apply some gooood moisturizing Conditioner and leave on for a while with heat and cap. Focus on your ends. Add some oil like EVOO to seal the moisture in, if that don't work after you've air-dried it or blow dry it. To test if your hair is alright, flat iron it and if the ends blend with the rest, you can bring them back. If not, chop them off.

Underprocessed means your relaxer did take properly. If the hair closest to the root is smoother than your ends, that means your end are dry or damaged. But do not be discouraged; you can mend them back to good health.

Last edited:
Plenty706 said:
what is the difference between underprossed hair hair, and damaged hair?

Thanks

My hair looks all dry and underprossed on the ends, but smooth and silky on the top, that is where I thought scandolus hairdresser overprocessed hair.

My hair used to have an underpressed texturizer look, but was smooth and bouncy after rollersets

a few weeks ago I had a different stylist put some relaxer on the ends so my hair would be all the same texture. She did for like 1-3 minutes, but she didn't smooth it any

My hair it is all puffy at the ends, so mad! I wounder is it still underprocessed or damaged from the relaxer?

Thank you for your time :)
Sounds like your ends are overprocessed, and the rest of your hair is also
overprocessed in that your hair should not be bone straight after chemical relaxing.The stylist that did you old relaxer did do it right, it's suppose to have waves in it to give it life, body,or curl.

Your ends sound overprocessed. You should almost never as a rule pull the relaxer through until the ends, the ends are the oldest and driest part of your hair so adding chemical on top of that is not a good combo. If your ends were looking frizzy before, but could be straightened by heat it was probably just because of their age, my ends are frizzier than my newly relaxed hair because they're about a year old and they're also more porous, but there aren't any splits so I leave them alone.

Back