Suave and VO5 Bad????

The Princess

I got hooked on to the V05 from a friend. I thought it was very watery, however when I rinse it out, my hair was very, very soft. After I used her bottle, I went and bought some, then I saw how cheap it was and was hooked. I had bought the Suave and didn't like it, like I did the V05. My friend and I switched cause Suave worked better on her hair and the
V05 worked well with my hair. Its great and the smell it just an added bonus. I like V05 alot.

silenttullip

I use to use suave I even did the dumb act of using it as a leave in cause many on youtube were doing it. I saw the light and quit using suave because although it lacks cones it contains

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Centrimonium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, 2 Bromo 2 Nitropropane 1, 3 Diol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Apple (Pyrus Malus) Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Glycerin, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Blue 1

Now you can look up nitropropane like I did and just say it's an enzyme and not a true fuel but come on common sense tells you what propane is and if it doesn't hank hill does lol and then nitro call me a sissy but uh nitro anything near my head freaks me out then you put them together and omg. I know its cheap lol drugstore.com has bogo on the conditioner for all who want to keep using it but I rather use acv or beautywithoutcruelty which is like a 2 on cosmeticdatabase.com and based on my research of the ingredients pretty good verses a 5 or 6 and the propane in suave.

Not to mention the artificial colors. If I want color I'll add an oil or veggie like avocado that has a color to it and if I want alcohol in my hair I'll gladly pour it in lol but I rather witch hazel.

I know glycol is a preservative or additive and yes I may even eat it in food without knowing but I do know it irritates my scalp and many others by more research and just like sls it has been leaked to cancer with no hard evidence http://www.health-report.co.uk/ethylene_glycol_propylene_glycol.html or just search the word.
I know its almost impossible to be totally natural with ingredients but I'm going to do my best at it.

As for the chlorides they help condition but so do waters, butters, and although people say lanolin is bad for scalp its okay for hair to me.

Eh well hope that answers your question

Last edited:

Kiynwah

I usually use Aubrey GBP but it is expensive at $10 a bottle, so i use some other all natural conditioners for quick cowashes.... I just hate the thought of cancer causing chemicals in stuff I put near my scalp. 99cents is unbeatable but I have a super sensitive scalp so I don't want to risk it.

Does anyone know the ingredients in VO5?