Suave Milk & Honey: They messed with it!!

LovelyLionessa

Oh my goodness, I had a feeling that this day would come. Another LHCFer mentioned she had read they were changing the ingriedients on the beloved Suave Milk & Honey. With all the changes in the packaging, they went right ahead and messed with the ingriedients too. I saw the new Milk & Honey Conditioners today, and instead of the ingriedients reading water, jojoba oil, vit. e, aloe, honey, milk protein and so on like on the old bottles, they have turned it into a laundry list of unpronouncable chemicals before you get to the good stuff, way down at the bottom of the list. :mad:

It makes me feel better that I took the time to stockpile this product before they went and fooled with a good thing. If you see the old bottles grab them, before they're gone forever. :ohwell:

I really hate to hear that because that was my beloved conditioner along with the citrus smoothie, But I remember the Coconut use to work well and then later it just seemed different.

Why Can't they leave good things alone. I Hope Herbal Essence Have some sense, Better yet I am gonna go stock up.

That's crazy. Milk and Honey is one of my favorite conditioners. Don't they realize that they might lose business when they change the formulas? I don't get it.

I'm not surprised, because whenever I find something I realy like, the formula changes. Now I gotta go find all the old bottles I can.:mad:

It's a conspiracy.....they be lurking around the boards seeing what we like, then they go and change it!:eek: j/k ...gotta laugh to keep from crying.... or hurting somebody :lachen:

I'm glad that I had stocked up. I did that becuase I had read a while back the they were disc it, but I checked with the company and it was not true for Cincinnati.

I have never quite understood the rave over this product. I guess to each is it's own. I tried two years back and it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to watery.

Priestess said:
Oh my goodness, I had a feeling that this day would come. Another LHCFer mentioned she had read they were changing the ingriedients on the beloved Suave Milk & Honey. With all the changes in the packaging, they went right ahead and messed with the ingriedients too. I saw the new Milk & Honey Conditioners today, and instead of the ingriedients reading water, jojoba oil, vit. e, aloe, honey, milk protein and so on like on the old bottles, they have turned it into a laundry list of unpronouncable chemicals before you get to the good stuff, way down at the bottom of the list. :mad:

It makes me feel better that I took the time to stockpile this product before they went and fooled with a good thing. If you see the old bottles grab them, before they're gone forever. :ohwell:

After i read this post i ran to the commissary(military supermarket) and stocked up! This is so annoying! Everytime you get used to a good product-it gets changed! Haven't they ever heard the phrase "if it ain't broke dont fix it!" The sad part is that all the old bottles will be off the shelves soon. Ladies I guess we will have to start making our own.

Princess Pie said:
I'm not surprised, because whenever I find something I realy like, the formula changes. Now I gotta go find all the old bottles I can.:mad:
I love the "Blowdryer Be Damned" in your avatar!:lol: That had me cracking up. I know its so off topic, but I had to tell you!:grin:

It really is unconscionable that they would do such a thing. I wanted to let you guys know, because I didn't want my LHCF sistas to be seduced by the glamorous new packaging, only to find out that they in fact gutted the original formula. All that glitters is not gold. The fancy bottle with the photo of honey dripping off a wooden spoon was little comfort to me when I saw the change in ingriedients. The ideal base for pre poos, co-wash conditioner, and final cream rinse has been altered forever. It's the end of an era, ladies. Excuse me while I go play "TAPS." :cry3:

Priestess said:
It really is unconscionable that they would do such a thing. I wanted to let you guys know, because I didn't want my LHCF sistas to be seduced by the glamorous new packaging, only to find out that they in fact gutted the original formula. All that glitters is not gold. The fancy bottle with the photo of honey dripping off a wooden spoon was little comfort to me when I saw the change in ingriedients. The ideal base for pre poos, co-wash conditioner, and final cream rinse has been altered forever. It's the end of an era, ladies. Excuse me while I go play "TAPS." :cry3:
Hangs head in silent respect...

Hurry,Hurry Suave Milk & Honey on sale at Eckerds for 88 cents.
I stocked pile a few months ago.

LABETT said:
Hurry,Hurry Suave Milk & Honey on sale at Eckerds for 88 cents.
I stocked pile a few months ago.

Yeah and their sister store Brooks pharmacy is having the same sale with a $1 coupon off 2 Suave products. Hopefully Eckerds will have the old bottles. Sadly, my Brooks had only the new "not improved" version. :nono:

CA Ladies,
Some Long's and Albertson's have the old bottles left. Long's often has them on sale for .77 (reg. price 1.19/1.29-I can't remember) while Albertson's has them for .99.

Oh shoot! That's messed up. I just bought a bottle tonite out of the grocery store to try it after all the raves. I didn't try it myself personally but I used it on my son for co-wash while he bathed. Bust how my little son not only has hair that smells good but he FINALLY got the waves that I thought disapeared after his first hair cut at 18 months old!( I can still kick myself for that) I was just thinking wow that stuff IS great! and now this???

Yes - I will be goting BACK to the grocery store tomorrow!

Man, I tried this last night to decide if I should stockpile it before the originals run out, and I am wholly convinced now. Just waiting for the rain to let up so I can go back to the store. I'll probably clean them out.

Nita81 said:
Damn them!! :mad:

Can someone post the new ingredient list please? TIA

I went on the Suave web site and they are still listing the former ingriedients. I looked on Walgreens.com and Drugstore.com but they didn't have the Suave Milk & Honey conditioner listed.

:mad: :mad: :mad: Why? Why? Why? This is my favorite conditioner to do co-washes with. Guess I need to go stock up!! Good thing it's less than a dollar.:lol:

CA ladies,

Long's is having a .77 Suave sale. The one near me still has a few bottles of the original Milk and Honey left. Stock up while you can!

***This is my last product purchase until October 19, 2006. I am typing this, so I will feel/be more accountable. (The PJism/hair product greed is bad:cool: ).

Back