Suggestion: Marking Place In A Thread

knt1229

Some of the thread on this board get very long with hundreds of responses.

Would it be possible to have a way to mark your place in the thread? So that when you go back to a thread you were previously reading you would automatically be taken to the last post you read. I have seen this feature on other message boards. It would be very useful to have this feature on this board.

LaidBak

There is a button on every thread that's called "View First Unread". It does exactly what you described. For example, look just above your avatar in this thread. Then look above the date...and below the "Post Reply" button. See it? Also note the white 'V' in the blue box next to the words.

When you go to your control panel and there are bolded threads that you've subscribed to you'll see the little white 'V' in the blue box next to the thread's name. It does the same thing; takes you to the first unread post.

BrooklynSouth

There is a button on every thread that's called "View First Unread". It does exactly what you described. For example, look just above your avatar in this thread. Then look above the date...and below the "Post Reply" button. See it? Also note the white 'V' in the blue box next to the words.

When you go to your control panel and there are bolded threads that you've subscribed to you'll see the little white 'V' in the blue box next to the thread's name. It does the same thing; takes you to the first unread post.

That's the way I go back to my last read post. LHCF has so many short cut options available, just look around, the heading area, the side panels...we just need to take the time to discover. Took me about a year to notice too.

knt1229

I looked where you said and I don't have that option. Above my avatar and the date but below the Post Reply button there is no button. It's just the blue bar. No button. Is this option available to every member?

ETA: Nevermind I found that button in another thread. I guess the button isn't in this thread because there aren't many responses.

Last edited:

LaidBak

I looked where you said and I don't have that option. Above my avatar and the date but below the Post Reply button there is no button. It's just the blue bar. No button. Is this option available to every member?

ETA: Nevermind I found that button in another thread. I guess the button isn't in this thread because there aren't many responses.

The button disappears after you've read all the posts. So if you read the posts and then refresh the page (or leave the page and come back) the button will be gone.

I am glad I could help.