Suggestions for thinning/breaking edges (hairline)

londonbabe

Hello again:)

I promise y'all that once the search facility is back up I will not harrass you girls again!:D

Does anyone have or know of any previous threads on how to deal with thinning/breaking hairline in the front. I do all I can but my hair still breaks at the hairline and I am worried very soon my hairline will start at the middle of my head:eek: Help!

Softresses

Hi, I am sorry that you are experiencing breakage in this area. Try not to have any tight hairstyles (ponytails, braids etc). If you wear them make sure that they are loose. Try to change up if you wear your hair pulled back every day.

I wear mine pulled back all the time but I like to do my ponytail/buns when my hair is wet and has a leave in conditioner in. It is importants to loosen up the ponytail because when the hair is wet it stretches, then when it is dry it is more likely to tighten up.

Less traction and good moisterization should go a long way to help.

Hope this helps.

Softresses

Radianthealth

I use MN and MTG on my edges and avoid braids. I also try to comb hair forward instead of back when I am putting things on my scalp. My edges haven't come all the way back but they are getting better.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Do you perm?? I have been perm free for a little over a year and I have come to find my edges/nape are really filling back in healthily. Perm is the devil. Also keep your edges moisturized with grease/oil etc. Don't let them get all dry and rough. Maybe even do some sulfer 8 treatments on your edges weekly.