Summer Style or Summer mistake?

ALICIALYNN

AS YOU GUYS ALL KNOW SUMMER IS VERY NEAR. ITS SPRING RIGHT NOW, BUT WE ARE HAVING HOT DAYS RIGHT NOW AND ITS ONLY SPRING( TEXAS). IM GETTING TIRED OF WRAPPING AND COMBING MY HAIR ,AND WELL I WANT TO GIVE MY HAIR A BREAK FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS, SO IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING (MICRO)BRAIDS. :confused: I REALLY DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I'VE HEARD SOME HORROR STORIES, BUT ALSO SOME GOOD ONES. I WOULD REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAINTAIN THEM AND WHAT PRODUCTS TO USE ON THEM. DO YOU THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA? :eek:

BrwnSugaBabee

I have heard bad things about micros also,(that they tend to break hair around the edges) in my opinion it is better to be safe than sorry. Why not try getting braids around pencil size? they are still small but take half the time to put it and take down as micros. You can also leave the ends of the braids loose like w/ micros. That is what I have in my hair right now, and my edges are really growing fast, as well as the rest of my hair lol HTH. :)

TigerLily

Definitely a summer mistake. Get bigger braids; pencil size or bigger.

JUST SAY NO TO MICROS!!!!!!!!!!!!

cece22

Micros are ok for me it depends on the method and the person who is doing them I have good results when the parts are not so close together in the front. And since I braid myself when someones around the front start to loosen or hang down from a strings or several strands I them out and redo them sometimes I put less plaits in than what I took out thus making the parts bigger.

Lorraine

ALICIALYNN said:
AS YOU GUYS ALL KNOW SUMMER IS VERY NEAR. ITS SPRING RIGHT NOW, BUT WE ARE HAVING HOT DAYS RIGHT NOW AND ITS ONLY SPRING( TEXAS). IM GETTING TIRED OF WRAPPING AND COMBING MY HAIR ,AND WELL I WANT TO GIVE MY HAIR A BREAK FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS, SO IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING (MICRO)BRAIDS. :confused: I REALLY DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I'VE HEARD SOME HORROR STORIES, BUT ALSO SOME GOOD ONES. I WOULD REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAINTAIN THEM AND WHAT PRODUCTS TO USE ON THEM. DO YOU THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA? :eek:

I think they put a lot of stress on your hair, particularly the root. It looks as if a woman's hair might snap off when I see them. What about an alternative such as a piece or putting your hair in a bun? You would also have more options on those hot days when you don't want to be sitting under a lot of artificial hair.

Try cornrows. I was a faithful microbraid wearer for a while, until major breakage occurred. I had to cut my hair from bra-clasp to shoulder length. I really love braids and they're so convenient because of school. I decided to try cornrows and they're wonderful. I usually get my hair cornrowed up into a ponytail. I can curl they ends (b/c of the fake hair) or just leave them alone. Cornrows are easy to take out and maintain! I'll never go back to microbraids!