What style do you wear in the Summer?

YoungWavey

Since spring is here:grin: I know its just a couple of months before summer comes and I have to find a way to style my hair...My rollersets don't last as long:sad: which i hate...I was thinking of doing a weave or braids.:perplexed..Any ideas?

Last edited:

Cleve_gryl

Since it rains here so much in the spring, I wear wash n go ponytails or buns. I tried to fight the humidity last year, but it was a losing battle :nono:

MizAvalon

Buns, ponytails, cornrows, and sometimes braidouts. It's pretty humid here in the summer so any kind of heat style is out. I wouldn't even be able to get 2 hours out of it.

Monigirl

I usually wear long BSL braids in the spring & summer. I learned how to do them myself b/c of growafrohairlong.com online braid video. But this summer I plan to try rollersets & curlformers and if I get tired I will try doing twist this year.

Definately try braids, twist or even a quick weave. You might like them.

I attached picture ideas below:

Sweet_Ambrosia

This will be my first full spring/summer as a natural :grin:, so I plan to experiment a bit more with different styles, but my main styles will be Braid outs/Twists outs, Wash ‘n Go’s, 2 Strand Twists, French Rolls, Buns, and Clip Updo’s, gotta keep it interesting! :)

Forever in Bloom

Since I am a recently reformed natural, I plan on giving my hair a break and getting braids this summer - yarn braids for 4 weeks, break for 4 weeks, then get them again right before the Fall season :yep: Hopefully I will gain some length.

wheezy807

Buns, braidouts, rollersets and i've just sarted doing a rollerset ponytail. This summer i also want to finally try a twistout and some updos.

YoungWavey

Thanks ladies for your reponses:yep:....I most def. gonna try braids/quick weave..I just have a big head:blush: lol..This summer prob. going to be my first quick weave...Hope all well ends well:grin:.....

TrendySocialite

I don't know what I'm gonna do. This will be the longest my hair has been. 2 years ago I got braids. Last summer, I wore my hair out, but it started thinning and breaking. So I got braids by the time fall came around.

I guess I will do rollerwraps, rollersets and ponytails/updos.