Summer Styles

Renee604

What kind of style are you guys going to wear in the summer,i.e braid outs,ponytail method,etc? I'm trying to figure out how I'll wear my hair in the summer. So far, my choices are braids and braid outs.

monawalker

I plan on wearing braid-outs(5%) and a draw string ponytail(95%). At first i was gonna just wear braid-outs for the entire summer cause they are sooooooo cute but Andrienne told me i need to wear a protective style so i got the drawstring ponytail.

Armyqt

Oh yeah ladies, I will also be wearing a drawstring ponytail also. I already have a medium length one so now I'm gonna get me a Loong one

Peachtree

I'm going full "air dry" this summer... braid outs, twist outs, pony tails... when I'm going for the "cute" look, then I'll wear it down, otherwise I plan to mostly wear the hair up, in a bun... it'll just have that wavy look, pulled back into a bun

zoya_j

Gee I really don't know. I've been wearing weaves now for about four months, so I'll have to give that a break. Plus I'm dying to try henna and the coconut milk/lime treatments.I'll definitely be wearing some braids and flat twists. I have a hard time finding drawstrings that match my hair color which is a 4. Everything is either too light or too dark and I'm not into coloring my hair.

Slowly, but surely

Karonica

I'm going to wear my instant weave the majority of the time. And then, I'll be wearing roller sets, and twist-outs, and wrapping my curly tracks around a ponytail to create that baby curl afro ponytail look. And then some days, I may wear it straight while others, I'll wear it wet-n-wavy. I'll be alternating with all of these so I don't get tired of one particular thing. I get tired very quickly.

Ennyaa

Ya know... I was gonna rebraid my hair this week but then I started experimenting with my crazy hair. The roots are mildly texturized and the ends are relaxed but frizzy as hell.... BUT I LOVE IT!! (My fiance thinks I'm nuts.) It seems though that my horrible shedding phase is over. Today I wore my hair in a fake frizzy fro!
And as crazy as it looked I just KNEW I was looking cute. lol I think I'm gonna be doing drawstring ponys, braid outs and twist outs for a while and see how it goes. Plus I wanna mist my hair every night for that rinsing effect. I may even throw a weave up in there sometime this summer. I think I may give the braids a rest for a while.

Renee604

I was thinking about doing micros for the summer but I'm going to New York in August and I want to experience the wonders of a Dominican hair salon!
I fell in love with them last year,but unfortunately there are none on the west coast of Canada

gvsugirl

i wear my hair down 95% of the time unless its really hot, then I'll pin it up with a claw clip. but i rollerset then wrap it so it's straight and i can keep track of the length

Paris Belle

I'll probably do the wash and go, braid outs, buns, french braids, single/two braids...Whatever I can think of...And I'll be doing a lot of airdrying..I expect it to be very hot this summer, so there's no point of roller setting..I also want to try straw sets and using my perm rods for spirals to be worn in ponytails or behind a headband..But I'll try to wear my hair up as much as possible..

K

kalia

i'm going to wear:

curly hair with headband

curly afro puff

low puff

this is my first summer being natural. i can't wait! no more fighting with my hair!!!!!!

Titansgirl

I normally wear my hair in cornrows, box braids, braidouts, or just airdry w/ waves.... I love the summer....

Peachi

I will wearing a combination of twists and twist-outs. Once in a while I "attempt" the shake n' go (basically a wet afro).

ngaa

[ QUOTE ]

Once in a while I "attempt" the shake n' go (basically a wet afro).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i wont even be tryna do this style coz this wud be one of my bad hair days kinda situations
hwell:

i wil be wearin my hair either in either weaves or braids to thoroughly protect my hair and make sure i take the best care of it coz i wanna retain all the length i can get

sweetcocoa

I planning on alternating between a single fat cornrow braid down the back

A version of a shake and go(I don't skake as much..
)

A bun

A loose and high ponytail

Twisting the sides back and securing them with decorative hair clips....

A modified french roll(open at the top with curls)...like this

karezone

I plan on wearing braid outs, twist outs, and I will be buying a brand new phonytail as soon as I get some money.

TinyT

Well my hair, is pretty short, so right now all I can do is the afro, or twists if I am not lazy. I hope that I can make a puff sometime at the end of the summer. I only air dry, and I will hopefully find a leave-in that I love.

Tracy

ngaa

tracy annett sounds lik our hair is similiar lengths coz i too hope to be able to wear afro puffs by august...good luck in yo quest...are u part of the summer hair growout??

TinyT

[ QUOTE ]
tracy annett sounds lik our hair is similiar lengths coz i too hope to be able to wear afro puffs by august...good luck in yo quest...are u part of the summer hair growout??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's cool, I was beginning to think, no one had hair my length. I am part of the summer grow-out. If you are, good luck to you too. I also stopped being lazy, and am twisting my hair right now.

Tracy

ngaa

lol check the thread on ladies wit 3-4 inch hair or summin lik that coz i was beginin to feel a bit left out wit ppl's bra strap length and i hve lik 3-4 inch hair and that thread has ladies regimes who have similar texture and legnth to me coz i thot that wud be a great way for us to encourage each other