**SUNSILK: FREE SAMPLES**

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I'm game for the sampling challenge. I've never heard of these products, but I decided to go with the Anti-Poof. I think it's because of all the rain we've been getting in Massachusetts. I mean, it's supposed to be 75-degrees and sunny. :mad: But, I digress.....

I'll update in 4-6 weeks when the samples arrive. :D Putting it on my Outlook calendar now!

dreysonsmommy2011

Thanks girl, I ordered the Hydra tlc. If I am not mistaken(which i don't think I am) I saw this product at Wal-mart. I am going to have to go back and check it out;)

dreysonsmommy2011

Yep, I found it at my local Wal-Mart. They have samples on all the different Sunsilk products. I got mine for $2.48. Just thought that I would share this lil bit of info;)

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
As promised, my review (I was on vacation most of this month): :)

So, I used the Sunsilk in the blue bottles (anti-poof), and here is my review.

(out of 5 stars, 5=spectacular to 1=Dismal)

Shampoo: 3.5 of 5 stars

The shampoo was actually pretty nice and detangled well. It provided a lot of slip, kind of like CON shampoos. It has a very heavy chemical perfume scent (kind of like the original Pantene fragrance from years ago) that I was not too crazy about. Overall, a pretty good shampoo.

Conditioner: 2 of 5 stars

I deep conditioned with a cap for about an hour and it did nothing for my hair except deposit that chemical fragrance. It left my hair pretty rough and difficult to detangle. My hair felt softer after using just the shampoo, actually. Overall, a pretty good waste of time.

24/7 Cream: 1 of 5 stars

The cream was really too thin and ineffective for me. It is basically a watered-down version of the conditioner. It left my hair feeling sticky and dry….at the same time!!!! :lol: I had to S-Curl my hair into shape. Again, the heavy fragrance was a turn-off for me. Some people like fragrances, but I personally prefer not to smell my hair every time I turn my head. Again, for some, fragrance is a plus, so I won’t count it against the product. ;)

I will add my mother liked the fragrance a lot and I had her try the products on her hair (which is a natural 3c with some 4a). All the products worked fine on her hair (left it soft and silky) and she was considering purchasing them, but decided to stick to her old-n-faithful L’Oreal. Just goes to show how much hair texture can influence the efficacy of a product.

Will I sample the products again? Possibly, but a different formulation.

metalkitty

Don't know if this is already mentioned, but you can buy the sample packs at Walmart for a couple bucks too. I tried the HYdra TLC leave in as a moisturizer , its a little greasy but I like it so far.