Wet=Thin????

blaqbarb

If your hair is soaked with water, does that make it appear to be thinner than it really is? My edges and ends seem to look thin and I'm not sure if I need to do something to make it thicker or if the water just makes it look like that? Am I worrying over nothing or do I need to do something to make my hair thicker? I have a pic in my album to show my ends while they are wet. NOTE: My hair has never been thick, except before I started getting perms of course.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Water makes my hair appear thinner than it is. The longer hair on the sides appear thinner, but that's because my hair is growing out layers and there's less length/hair there. Otherwise, it's consistently the same thickness throughout.

Yours look thin to me. Thinner than the rest of your hair. They get thinner as you move towards the end. I can see through them, but can't see through the hair further up.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
My hair has never been thick either and when my hair is soaking wet, my ends look thinner than the rest of my hair. As my hair begins to dry, it gets thicker. So I believe wet hair makes your hair look thinner than it really is.

blaqbarb

OK...thanks you all. I thought something was wrong. I've brought so much stuff to try and thicken my hair to no avail. My hair gets a lil thicker once it dries also, but then it's still not super thick.

NubianAngel

Was your hair always naturally thin or did it thin out over time? I think some people just have thin hair, just like some have thick, fine, coarse, etc. As long as it isn't breakage it's all good.

LABETT

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
My hair has never been thick either and when my hair is soaking wet, my ends look thinner than the rest of my hair. As my hair begins to dry, it gets thicker. So I believe wet hair makes your hair look thinner than it really is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me Too.My hair has is thicker since I started doing co washes,Surge,castor oil and b5 and stretching relaxers.

blaqbarb

My hair was thick before I started getting perms (not super think like some peoples, but thick enough). I think getting perms over the years has caused my hair to become thinner, but it still looks nice. I'll post a pic of my hair down and dry when I wash and style it so you all can compare.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Me Too.My hair has is thicker since I started doing co washes,Surge,castor oil and b5 and stretching relaxers.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair has been getting thicker too from conditioner washes and using Surge!
I use a mixture of oils sometimes. Right now I am currently transitioning and do not plan on relaxing anymore so it's kinda like stretching out a relaxer.

silvergirl

I also have a pic in my album with wet pigtails an the ends where my relaxed hair is "look" sooooo thin compared to my natural hair when wet. but once its dry my relaxed hair is just as thick, this is the only way i know that my ends arent thining out.

blaqbarb

I've added more pictures of my hair dry so that you all can see the difference. Feel free to make any suggestions or comments you might have. TIA