Supercuts?

BadMamaJama

So I want to get my ends trimmed. I don't want to go to my old stylist and have her do my hair because I want to be stylist free. Not to mention the last time she did my hair I paid $70 for a wash n flatiron plus trim. So I called Supercuts and they charge $15.99 but I'm nervous. They say they cut wet or dry and I'm okay with them wetting my hair but I don't know if there is a difference between cutting diff types of hair. They don't have any AA stylists. Do you think it's safe to go to Supercuts? Oh, I'm relaxed.

golden_goddess

I go to hair cuttery for my trims, and it is a white girl that cuts my hair. I always get dry cuts. When you go, just make sure to let them know you're happy with the length and just want them to "clean up the ends".

alive

i haven't been to a supercuts but i've heard good things about them. i also agree with golden_goddess. if you decide to go with them, be firm and vigilant so that they don't cut too much :yep:

MsLauren

I went there before just to get a trim and it went really well. The girl even charged me for a kids cut because all she did was take off half an inch. This was when I was relaxed and she cut it dry after I flat ironed it that morning.
They usually have coupons on their website too!

Ashawn Arraine

I used to go there all the time when I was relaxed ( I'm transitioning now). Most of the ladies are really nice and professional I've never had an experience with a black lady always white or hispanic. They always cut my hair dry. Just tell her exactly what you what and she should do it I always had a good experience with them. Do remind them you want to keep the length.:yep:

sherrimberri

I went to supercuts and an older hispanic lady trimmed my hair. She did an excellent job and only trimmed about an inch off. She trimmed my hair dry. I plan on going back to her for my next trim.

Garner

I also went to Supercuts when I was relaxed. They always did a fabulous job. You will be pleased. :)

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I used to work at SC back in the day as the receptionist and sometimes shampoo girl.

Unlike indep owned salons, they have their own specialized training on top of potential stylists being licensed before even filling out the application. the stylists are taught that customer is always right and not to question it. They are paid a regular salary or by the hour so are not as invested as regular salons. I don't think they rent the booths either so will not try to pinch you for every single service, like they MUST dc you before they do anything (so add $15 on top of the cut!). If u say u want a cut but no wash that's what they will do and not nag or refuse service. they do try and push the products though. They also take tips.

Their training does cover all hair types even the afro. The one I worked at was all black run.

Hth

Mz.MoMo5235

I'm natural and I swear my supercuts or any other fast cheapy cutting place. This is why

1) They are not trying to be the next Vidal Sasoon. That means they listen to what you want and do just that. They will not try and talk you into something

2) They do dry cuts. If you're natural and want a blunt cut ALWAYS wash and flat iron your self and go in to cut

3) They're fast. They work for their tips so then want people in and out so you dont have to worry about your person doing your hair, watching Maury, making lunch, and paying her gas bill over the phone.

4) They are not scissor happy. They deal with lots of parents and kids. Because of this they are not trying to cut off more than what you want and have to deal with someone yelling at them.

5) They DONT specialize in black hair. Because of this they tend to be extra cautious (cause you know they're scared of us :lol: ) and are not trying to have someone get ghetto on them. So they are going to cut exactly what you say.

Because of this, any time I want my hair cut and I dont want to do it my self I just go to supercuts, costcutter, 99 cent cut, what ever cheap cutting place there is that IS NOT A SALON!!!

isawstars

I think you should go. I flat ironed my hair a few weeks ago... I meant to go to super cuts but I chickened out and now I wish I did. I've been trimming by putting my hair in twists and snipping the ends but it's not the same as a thorough trim. I searched many threads and a lot of people have had good results. I regret not going.

GreenEyedJen

I haven't been to Supercuts in particular, but in general, stylists at white salons have listened more and taken off just what was needed or asked when it's time for a trim. I think you'll be fine.

tiffjust2002

I go to Great Clips for my hair cuts which is just like a super cuts, although they too claim to cut curly hair I have always and will continue to always do a dry cut on flat ironed hair. I flat iron my hair myself and then go and let them cut it for $14.99 plus my little tip can't beat that price. They have it in the system to do dry cuts on me, I don't trust them cutting my curly wet hair, I'm scurred lol

Matter of fact they gave me my A line bob and it was hella cute :)

But if you don't want to put heat on your hair then I wouldn't advise going to Super Cuts.

virtuenow

They do an excellent job. I went in my first year as a natural and had the stlyist cut off my "scab" hair. I kept having her take off more and more. She cut a little but insisted that my texture was coarse and I should leave it alone. She actually talked me out of trimming too much off. I learned a huge lesson in accepting my texture thanks to a white stylist Supercuts.

lboogie2679

I love supercuts. This is the only place I go to. For awhile their was a Asian guy that used to do my trims. I recommend straightening your hair as straight as possible and just go for the trim only. Be clear about what you want. Don't be afraid its one of the best places to go bc they are not out to mess up your progress and they do not get offended if you correct them. Go for it!