Sweet Jesus! My hair....

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Looking good, MissJ!
Did you go back to your old regime or did you come up with a new one?

MissJ

Umm, yeah, I basically went back to my old routine. I haven't used the Infusium anymore just to be on the safe side. Now, I'm using Aussi Slip for detangling purposes. I've run out of my old shampoo, so I think I'm going to try Creme of Nature since everyone seems to like that.

Isis

MissJ,

I'm glad your thread was revived because as a newbie, I learned a lot from your experiences. For example, I did not know that we are not supposed to comb our hair after airdrying! For some reason, I missed that very important rule! I'm new to airdrying (since a month ago) and I'm doing the bun challenge, but I've been combing out my hair after it dries and no wonder mine looks so strange at times!
And that's when I get breakage. I won't be doing that anymore!

Thanks MissJ for sharing and speaking out a couple of months ago and many thanks to others on this board who have been such a great help!

By the way, your hair looks great!

Tjiui

Re: Sweet Jesus! My hair....

Miss J, sorry to hear about your hair troubles. I also had some scary shedding, when I tried the advice on LHCF. However, since I could hardly find the suggested products posed on the board (I am not always keen to buy online) because I live in Africa, I familiarised myself with the INGREDIENTS of some suggested products. That way, I had worked out what ingredients are working for me ( made my own concoctions), and I stick to that. I think it is good though, that you tell us when you have had problems with some of the suggested products (we should also accept 'criticism', and not only take credit). My suggestion for now is: READ ALL INGREDIENTS on your products, and use the ingredients that are compatible with your hair.

sweetcocoa

Looking good MissJ! I'm glad you fiqured out what you had to do(which is go back ot your old routine). I'm a firm believer to stick with what works. Everytime I switch up my routine...I come back to the one I started with to 'baby' my hair...after it's been abused...

love2praz

Miss J, your hair looks great!!
I have to agree with everyone else. Some things work for some people. The trick is finding what works for us individually. About a year ago, I got frustrated because I was trying to do everybody's suggestions on different hair products. I ended up causing a lot of damage, got fed up, and shaved off all of my hair. (Bad mistake!) This time around I know I have to do what is best for MY hair and scalp and so far, my hair is healthy and growing like a weed!!!

I'm very happy that your hair problems are solved!!

I know how you feel. Ever since the word is "No grease or mineral oil" I've had to straight up battle with the frizzies. I'm still losing!

Karonica

So you think products without those two ingredients cause frizzies? I would have to agree with you, at least that's the truth for my hair. Frizzies are a curse, I kid you not.

So there's a rule that says no combing after airdrying? My hair does snap more after airdrying too.

MissJ

Ok, when I air dry, I use a pick to detangle. I can't jsut step out of the shower and let it dry like that, because it would be in knots! Do y'all use a pick or just not do anything to it at all afterwards?

Trinity1

Hi MissJ,

I usually dont just wash and let it airdry without combing,you have to comb it while wet to detangle (with some leave in ofcourse) then when its dry there should be no reason to need to comb it again.

Tee Tee

MissJ

Well, I didn't say that it looked bad. It was just falling out. That would have led to it looking bad if I hadn't gotten to the root of the problem.

vanillabean

I just want to add that if you are not using grease and you tried the protective styles I don't get it maybe your doing it wrong or your hair just needs the grease like mine, I don't do the protective buns because that breaks my hair so I do what I know and what been keeping my hair healthy. I can even airdry my hair because I get more breakage that way so I sit uder the dryer and get good results my point is to stick to what you are use to, you can't try every thing you read

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Re: Sweet Jesus! My hair....

[ QUOTE ]
In response to

Poster: MissJ
Subject: Re: Sweet Jesus! My hair....

Ok, if it's shedding it's never done this before, not this much. Also, I AM using Infusium 23!!! I got it as a tip from the board that it would be good. When I comb with the leave-in in, almost nothing comes out. I just did a conditioner wash, since I shampooed two days ago, and the Infusium 23 worked just fine. Less hair comes out when I use that than when I don't use a leave in. I'm letting it stay loose to dry like I use to do. So, I'll tell you how it turns out later.

Also, I've used the QP Mango Butter then switched to Olive Oil Sheen in the past month. That's what I've been oiling my hair with. The conditioner that I use is LeKair conditioner. As a suggestion from the board, I leave it in for like 30 minutes under a plastic cap. I've had no problems with that.

When I comb my hair after taking it out of the bun there are strings hanging off the ends. I think it's breakage AND shedding.

I was like responding while reading, so this was my old routine:

Wash once a week with VO5, but I stopped because it has SLS.
Condition with LeKair condition, which I still do.
Then I'd untangle and comb my hair with a pick.
Let air dry loose.
Then I'd grease my scalp.
And I'd put it in a ponytail and roll the end.
I'd grease my scalp every 3 days.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like you had a good hair regime before you started listening to people on the board. Also, how do you comb your hair when it's wet or dry? If you are putting some of the stuff in that people suggest, do you comb your hair gently? Hey tried the wey bun thing someone suggest and it didnt work for me so I'm not doing that anymore. Plus my hair is too short to put in a bun. So I know I have to wear a different style. You just have to find what works for you. You should suggest your hair regime to people on this board. I saw your hair and I wish I had that much length. But anyway, good luck

G

Ha!

Miss J... you are such a cute girl too.

Do you know Michael Jackson wouldn't look twice at you?

Anyway, back to your hair problem. If your hair is all going in one direction when you use the bun, it shouldn't be tangled up when you remove it.

Good luck!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Naughty_Girl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

UH OH... MissJ aint gon like that statement!!
I hope she doesn't see that post!!

::::running outta here!!:::::::

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
Naughty_Girl said:

[/ QUOTE ]
What type of statement is that

G

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Naughty_Girl said:

[/ QUOTE ]
What type of statement is that

[/ QUOTE ]

Having gone over this many times with Miss J, she knows MJ doesn't like black people and/or people with noses.

I just hate to know that she worships and idolizes someone who if he saw her, more than likely would think she is ugly.

That's all...

MissJ

Denali, yes, I've gotten over my setback.
My hair is doing really well now. I went back to my old regimine, but I wear protective styles more now.

Thanks, Naughty Girl.

Patrice

I know I am late on this topic and Miss J I am so sorry about the set back, But I guess this is the ultimate proof that everyones hair is different no matter what texture or length, we just have to do what works for us. For instance I wear my hair down as much as I can and it is growing fine but alot of people cannot do that or else it would be a disaster