sweetcocoa

carmella25

I heard that you now how to roller set really well with natural textured hair. I was wondering if you can give me directions on how to roller set my natural hair to get it really good and straight>

sweetcocoa

For me the main factor is my hair has to be really wet...I do not towel dry. I wrap the towel around my shoulders because my hair is dripping. IMO natural hair is harder to roll if it starts to drawl up(when it starts to dry) before you can roll it. I also use a cream setting lotion(Lottabody Cream for wrapping and setting) cause it gives my hair more weight than a lotion. As I roll I use a pomade(I use my own) and a little KMS Flat Out relaxing balm or another temporary straightening lotion if you want. Your hair must be COMPLETELY dry before you remove the rollers...or it will frizz. I also use magnetic rollers(wire mesh if you want a faster drying time)with the snap on tops. Someone else here posted a link with pics on how to roller set. I'll try to find it and post it.

sweetcocoa

Thanks Valleygirl.

Oh yea, I forgot Caramela, I used to wrap it if I wanted it straight as opposed to curly(after removing the rollers)...but I'm getting away from that( it seems to thin out my sides) and I'm looking for another way to loosen the curls. There's another thread on this topic with some ideas I'm gonna try.