Tabathas Salon Takeover reminds me why I don't like salons.

Glitter

Is the owner really a girl? Her name is Jacqui, and I really can't tell.

Her eyebrows are too extreme. But I'm curious if anyone on this board has gone to this salon. Some of the stylists looked like they had skills -- but I would never sit in Stefan's chair!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Tabatha's Salon Takeover is on right now on Bravo....it's not the AA salon though.
But there are more episodes coming on, so it may be coming up soon.

Natural Glow

They showed this salon of gay guys who only do males hair.

She went in and they had wax that they use on the bikini area with hair all stuck in it. She was like great "Come and get your balls waxed and have someone else's hair all over":lachen::lachen: I was done.

BostonMaria

I'd love to see her visit the Dominican salons I frequent... she'd love the gossiping, novela on TV, people selling you food (my favorite part) or Avon, and the stylists doing my hair while she dances merengue LOLOLOL

She went in and they had wax that they use on the bikini area with hair all stuck in it. She was like great "Come and get your balls waxed and have someone else's hair all over" I was done.

Not for nuttin but Tabitha scares the poop out of me

la mosca

She went in and they had wax that they use on the bikini area with hair all stuck in it. She was like great "Come and get your balls waxed and have someone else's hair all over":lachen::lachen: I was done.

That killed me!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I'd love to see her visit the Dominican salons I frequent... she'd love the gossiping, novela on TV, people selling you food (my favorite part) or Avon, and the stylists doing my hair while she dances merengue LOLOLOL

Not for nuttin but Tabitha scares the poop out of me

LOL, I KNOW.
I've never been to a salon where someone wasn't dancing.
It never makes a difference either...Dominican salons, Ethiopian salons, Nigerian salons, West Indian salons....one of my regular salons is staffed by Middle Eastern people. And no matter what, someone is ALWAYS dancing. :lachen:

Almaz

I don't have bravo can you watch it on line? If so please direct me to the link

Muchu thanks

BlkOnyx488

She did do one episode where the Owner treated the people soooooo baddd she had to be the nice one. Then she told the Owner the only problem with her salon is the Owner I fell out:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I really think that owner had a severe chemical imbalance and needed some medication quick. When Tabatha returned to the salon everything was back the way it was before even the furniture and wall colors.

I can't remember the salon but she was the only Manager I have seen who didn't like the salon make over:rolleyes:

The black guy on the video link made me cringe. That girl in the chair had some gorgeous hair and just to see how he handled the consultation- I'd walk right out the door. Then later on they showed him putting in a relaxer and I just cringed because the way he was putting it in just made me shake my head.

I like Tabitha a lot though even though she can come off as being a hard #ss, she knows what she's doing most of the time. Every time I see the show it makes me want to be a hair dresser when I see ALL the products they have...then I think about possibly messing someone's hair up :nono:.

Shoediva

She did do one episode where the Owner treated the people soooooo baddd she had to be the nice one. Then she told the Owner the only problem with her salon is the Owner I fell out:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I really think that owner had a severe chemical imbalance and needed some medication quick. When Tabatha returned to the salon everything was back the way it was before even the furniture and wall colors.

I can't remember the salon but she was the only Manager I have seen who didn't like the salon make over:rolleyes:

I saw that show. The owner of that show was a @$$. She didnt like doing hair, she dint like her staff. She put them down..We would have been scrapping a long time ago:grin:

I love Tabitha, she does not hold back. I remember watching her show the 1st season and saying. I wanna see Tabitha roll up in a AA salon. Well that happen. But they were tame, I wanna see her roll up in Shaneeqwa's Bump N Curl:

Where the music is blaring loud.
Pookie in the salon trying to sell his bootleg cd/dvds
The bootleg purse seller
The old man selling the peanuts
the older woman selling soul food dinners
The BA kids running around with no hometraining.
etc :lachen:

mscocoface

^^^^that would be really interesting to see, but I doubt they would choose a salon like that for her.

Neith

I doubt that Shaneeqwa's Bump N Curl strives to be an "upper class" type of salon that charges $300 per haircut like Tabatha does. Can't blame her or her show for that! :(

loved

I think I just watched this episode. The salon was on South Beach & the owner is a heavy yt woman named Nicki. She was plain mean! She monitored the staff from home on cameras & sent mean messages to the staff and disparaging comments about customers that went to every customer in the salon. The staff had contracts that did not allow them to work on the beach if they left her salon.

The owner seemed like a miserable person. She was sooooo negative. I think she expected Tabatha to come in & go in on the staff and she was surprised to hear that she was the main problem. She didn't take in any of the criticism or suggestions from Tabatha, the staff, or the executive coach. I was shocked and I think Tabatha was too.