Tall Ladies!!! BSL Taking twice as long!

Chevelure618

Any of you 5'10" or more? I am 5'10.5" with a long neck and long torso. I see all of these BSL ladies but it is taking me FOREVER to get from APL to BSL because of my height. Waist length? I need about 12 more inches...:ohwell:

Ediese

Any of you 5'10" or more? I am 5'10.5" with a long neck and long torso. I see all of these BSL ladies but it is taking me FOREVER to get from APL to BSL because of my height. Waist length? I need about 12 more inches...:ohwell:

WOW! 12" to WL...that is a stretch. Sorry, I'm not 5'10", but I am 5'9" so I definitely understand your frustration. At least when we finally get there, the hair length looks much longer.

My measurements from BSL to WL isn't that long, but from SL to APL was pretty long. I think my legs play a part in me being so tall because my torso isn't as long. You'll get there with extra hair to swang!!

sound

I'm 5'11, 4a Natural hair. I know that It'll take awhile.

I'm trying not to stress about it.
:look:

Platinum

I'm 6'0" tall and I have a long neck and torso. I still haven't made shoulder length yet.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I don't even want to measure how much I need before I make it to waist length.

ItsyBitsy

I'm 6'0" tall and I have a long neck and torso too. My hair is a couple of inches past BSL but I know if I were shorter my hair would prolly be touching my a$$ by now :wallbash:

sunshinebeautiful

Man, it's a struggle for me to make APL. Seriously when I measured, it would take me 1 year!

I don't even know if I have the patience to actively try to grow my hair to BSL. :nono:

TG2000

I am 6'0 tall with a long torso. I have no idea how long it will take me to reach my goal. My long term goal is to be BSL. I guess being tall is a 'gift and a curse'

Nayeli

The plight of the tall girl :grin:. I am half inch taller than you OP. I'm thinking that our BSL would be an easy WL on another woman. With a neck that rivals that of a giraffe, I'm just trying to be as patient as possible. At least you're almost there. I got a loooong way to go!

ItsyBitsy

The plight of the tall girl :grin:. I am half inch taller than you OP. I'm thinking that our BSL would be an easy WL on another woman. With a neck that rivals that of a giraffe, I'm just trying to be as patient as possible. At least you're almost there. I got a loooong way to go!

:blush: hilarious....ITA :lachen:

DaRealist

yep, it's taking me FOREVER to reach APL with my giraffe neck. :look:
The good thing is, when I do, my hair will look really long. :yep:

slim_thick

Ladies, this is so TRUE!! I'm 6'0 feet tall and neck length with a long neck. If I was shorter I would probably be shoulder length. Have any of you ladies tried or used Ovation or any other growth aid products.

Platinum

Ladies, this is so TRUE!! I'm 6'0 feet tall and neck length with a long neck. If I was shorter I would probably be shoulder length. Have any of you ladies tried or used Ovation or any other growth aid products.

I've been using Mega Tek for a few weeks :yep:. I used to use a Sulfur 8/MN mix and I got some pretty good growth (I don't know why I stopped :ohwell:).

580girl

I am 5'11, and my hair in the back is about 2 or 3 inches past shoulder length. I have a V shape. I measured and I have 6 inches to apl. Seems like forever, so I'm just doing braids, and twists till I get there. Don't give up tall ladies

6'1" here and I feel your frustration. I can't even tell that my hair is getting longer. I was optimistic and compared myself to the other ladies on the board (who later turned out to be shorties) and thought APL was only 5 months away from SL. Well, almost a year later and I'm not there yet. Patience is definetely an overrated virtue lol

ajoyfuljoy

OP I'm 1 inch taller than you. I'm not stressing b/c I know that when I do reach my goal lengths, my hair will be TWICE as beautiful b/c it will be TWICE as long than a shorty with that length.

Tall ladies, yall know we are show stoppers. And even though it will take longer, your hair will be stunning and fabulous on you.

Good things come to those who wait.

Jetblackhair

OP I'm 1 inch taller than you. I'm not stressing b/c I know that when I do reach my goal lengths, my hair will be TWICE as beautiful b/c it will be TWICE as long than a shorty with that length.

Tall ladies, yall know we are show stoppers. And even though it will take longer, your hair will be stunning and fabulous on you.

Good things come to those who wait.

Hey, I heard that, I'm a shorty 5'4". I know I shouldn't even be in this thread. :lachen: I never really thought about that it would take you ladies longer to reach your goal.

Well, it's taking me forever to get to full APL. Once I hit brastrap though, I will only be a couple of inches from midback.

I do wish I was taller. :yep:
HHG

:rosebud:

Last edited: