Calling all SL, APL, and BSL chicas

sareca

Where the heck is SL, APL and BSL?

I'm guessing...

SL = 13 inches
APL = 21
BSL = 25

Are these right? Assuming you measured from the hairline, of course. I know WL measurements differ, but I don't think it matters what your height (or torso length) is for SL, APL, or BSL. They should be pretty consistent for everybody, right?

I'm going to be ticked off if I get to 21 inches and that's not APL.

Kimberly

I think it's still different for everyone. Some people have short necks and some have really big heads (further to measure from the hairline). I have a long neck and a long body. BSL on me would be mid-back on some of the shorter-torsoed ladies and probably almost waist-length on some of those under 5 ft. JMHO

Sistaslick

ITA!

I don't bother with measurements b/c they are still rarely accurate from person to person.

Our bodies are just shaped differently from head to toe. Some people have higher hairlines (bigger foreheads) than others like kim said, widows peaks, receding ones--- some of us are long necked, short necked, long heads, short and round :lol: then overall height factors in. 21 inches on a 6 foot woman and 21 inches on a 4 foot 11' person are going to look entirely different . . .. all of these factors throw even easy to pinpoint milestones off measurement wise. And brastrap length is like a moving target anyway :lol: I've seen ladies measuring 27 inches before they hit it and others hitting it at 23 inches.

Candy_C

thats tru, i've seen some peoples brastrap length look soooooooooo long and some look sooooooooo short.

i've never ever measured my hair. i have a long neck tho, shortISH torso...highISH waist and the longest legs in the world!!! well not in the world but u get my drift :perplexed :)

sareca

Kimberly said:
I think it's still different for everyone. Some people have short necks and some have really big heads (further to measure from the hairline). I have a long neck and a long body. BSL on me would be mid-back on some of the shorter-torsoed ladies and probably almost waist-length on some of those under 5 ft. JMHO
:lachen: @ bold part. I guess ya'll are right. (sigh, rolls eyes)

sareca

Sistaslick said:
ITA!

I don't bother with measurements b/c they are still rarely accurate from person to person.

Our bodies are just shaped differently from head to toe. Some people have higher hairlines (bigger foreheads) than others like kim said, widows peaks, receding ones--- some of us are long necked, short necked, long heads, short and round :lol: then overall height factors in. 21 inches on a 6 foot woman and 21 inches on a 4 foot 11' person are going to look entirely different . . .. all of these factors throw even easy to pinpoint milestones off measurement wise. And brastrap length is like a moving target anyway :lol: I've seen ladies measuring 27 inches before they hit it and others hitting it at 23 inches.

If I make it to 27 inches and I'm still not at BSL I'm gonna cry. Hard. :cry:

RabiaElaine

Hi Sareca,

I'm SL, my ends are a little past the top of my shoulders (check my fotki). My SL hair measures hairline to ends 16 inches, last time I measured in April. I have a small head and a short torso, so touching APL is only 3 inches away at 19 inches. I think top of BSL is 22 inches for me.

HTH

RainbowCurls

There aren't any defnite measurements! As others have said you've got to take into account big heads, small heads, short necks, long necks, short torsos, long torsos, incorrectly worn bra that rides up etc.

I would suggest measuring where SL, APL and BSL are on you personally if you want some measurements to go by :)

I'm not particulary tall (5'6") and I always thought I was on the short torso-ed side, but last time I measured BSL was 28" on me. I don't mind that it's more that some people, I'll have more hair when I get there :p

Iluvsmuhgrass

lol I agree with anky!

lol I measured (out of curiosity) and I'm at 20 1/2 inches but I'm like four inches above bra strap (I think.)

melodee

I also agree with the ladies.

Anky's right about the properly fitting bra though, if it's hiked up too high or sitting too low around your midsection than you won't have an accurate reading.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Um.... they don't make cute bras for women with big boobs. They tend to look more like straight jackets sans sleeves. :ohwell: :look: :) :p :lol:

sareca

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
Um.... they don't make cute bras for women with big boobs. They tend to look more like straight jackets sans sleeves. :ohwell: :look: :) :p :lol:

:yep: Or the pretty ones are $95.