Tea Tree Shampoo

lina

I'm looking for a shampoo that has tea tree oil and peppermint oil but that is still moisturizing. Which would you suggest: Trader Joe's tea tree shampoo, Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo or Keracare anti dandruff shampoo? TIA

julzinha

I like trader joes tingle tree because it's cheap, effective, and has great ingredients. The only issues is depending on your hair it might be a bit drying

mrsroberson86

I liked the paul mitchell tea tree lavender mint conditioner but found it worked best with any paul mitchell drying ass shampoo...it just all got returned. I did like the conditioner might repurchase one day to see how it works with joico moisture recovery shampoo...my next buy will be the keracare anti dandruff shampoo and conditioner...I'm loving the grease though.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Out of those 3, I tried Paul Mitchell and Trader Joe's. I found TJs to be quite a bit more stripping to my hair (much more like a clarifier). So for more moisturization PM was better for me, but I have natural, coily type 4 hair.
Have you considered Organix, Eden Body Works, and Giovanni's tea tree shampoos? I've had more moisturizing experiences with Organix's Tea Tree shampoo (pretty sure it has peppermint in it too), but the tingles are much stronger in TJs. I sometimes even use the TJ one as a bodywash.
HtH! :)

julzinha

Out of those 3, I tried Paul Mitchell and Trader Joe's. I found TJs to be quite a bit more stripping to my hair (much more like a clarifier). So for more moisturization PM was better for me, but I have natural, coily type 4 hair.
Have you considered Organix, Eden Body Works, and Giovanni's tea tree shampoos? I've had more moisturizing experiences with Organix's Tea Tree shampoo (pretty sure it has peppermint in it too), but the tingles are much stronger in TJs. I sometimes even use the TJ one as a bodywash.
HtH! :)
I love TJ diluted for my braids, but it is great for my scalp.

Giovanni is more moisturizing

almond eyes

The Trader Joe's Tea Tree Shampoo has protein in it so it can make your hair feel hard. Though I liked how it made my scalp feel.

I stopped using tea tree for now because it has estrogenic effects.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I suggest adding a few drops of tea tree and peppermint oil to your favorite moisturizing shampoo. I added peppermint oil to my Crème of Nature shampoo and wow it makes my scalp feel amazing.

lina

The Trader Joe's Tea Tree Shampoo has protein in it so it can make your hair feel hard. Though I liked how it made my scalp feel.

I stopped using tea tree for now because it has estrogenic effects.

Best,
Almond Eyes
Wow thanks for that information about the estrogenic effects of tea tree oil. I didn't know that.

lina

I went ahead and brought the Keracare shampoo since it does not have tea tree oil in it. Thanks for your advice everyone

almond eyes

If a product has estrogenic effects, even if it is natural I stay away from that especially if one is trying to get pregnant, pregnant, nursing or around young kids.

Though I doubt that using once a week will have a major effect unless you fall into one of those categories above. But the protein in that shampoo can make the hair hard. I prefer moisturizing shampoos.

Best,
Almond Eyes

ajargon02

I went ahead and brought the Keracare shampoo since it does not have tea tree oil in it. Thanks for your advice everyone
I LOVE the keracare shampoo and conditioner! Lovely slip for both and they leave my hair super soft