Teas For Your Hair Growth & Health

Isis

belladionne922 said:
Okay, so this was posted months ago. But I thought I might share with the green tea drinkers my new favorite brand of tea. Mighty Leaf. They've got all kinds of teas, but their green tea is the best. Check out their website: www.mightyleaf.com
Thanks for the info and link Belladionne!:)

Isis

belladionne922 said:
Okay, so this was posted months ago. But I thought I might share with the green tea drinkers my new favorite brand of tea. Mighty Leaf. They've got all kinds of teas, but their green tea is the best. Check out their website: www.mightyleaf.com
Thank you Belladionne for the info and link! :up:

anahnamuslyyours

This thread totally reminded me that I need to get back to drinking my green tea. I tried nettle tea after reading this thread, but saw no changes. However, I think the daily cups of green tea I was drinking a couple of years ago was what really had my hair growing. I'm gonna have to try this again. Off to go find some other delicious green teas from MightyLeaf or somewhere else. Anybody got any suggestions?

PassionFruit

I have been looking for Nettles tea for months... I keep forgetting to check Whole Foods when Im there....

I gotta make a note... Im going tomorrow for Rosewater anyway...

infojunkie

I just bought some nettle in the teabags but I also bought some other kind and now I can't tell which is which :look:. Whichever one I drank was bitter as all get out!

I wanted to keep some at work and some at home and now I can't tell the difference. :wallbash:

Bet I won't do that again.:nono:

sweetsuccess

I used to do this years ago. I would make a concoction of nettle, sage, indian hemp, rosemary and marshmallow and let it steep for hours, then use as a final rinse. My hair was so vibrant, healthy, bouncy and shiny, it grew like a weed. It does wonders for the color and natural highlights in your hair. Thanks for reminding me I think I'll have to visit my local health food store soon.
sooo how much of each... all ingredients are from the health food store??
u said:

nettle tea
sage
indian hemp
rosemary
marshmellow?!? ------ u added all these to a shampoo or this is the concoction u used as a prepoo?!

tia

LongCurlyLocks

I used to do this years ago. I would make a concoction of nettle, sage, indian hemp, rosemary and marshmallow and let it steep for hours, then use as a final rinse. My hair was so vibrant, healthy, bouncy and shiny, it grew like a weed. It does wonders for the color and natural highlights in your hair. Thanks for reminding me I think I'll have to visit my local health food store soon.

Oh wow, thanks for this. I was already looking for nettle to make as an oil and I already have sage, rosemary, and marshmallow at home.

zzirvingj

BUMP

How are people's experiences with the nettle going? For those that do use it as a rinse, are you supposed to rinse it completely out?

adw425

Let's see: I have a pitcher in the fridge consisting of nettle, burdock, rosemary, horsetail, yerba mate, green, chamomile and hibiscus and more tea infusion. I just threw the tea bags into some filtered water and infused for a few hours in my potpourri crock pot. I also added yarrow, calendula, cornsilk and wild cherry bark, sage, thyme, parsley, fenugreek herbs that I put in a muslin herb bag to infuse. I poured into a 64 ounce pitcher. Sometimes I saturate my hair with it on Saturday morning and let it marinate all day before washing (also nice scalp stimulation). Instead of adding filtered or distilled water to my aloe vera moisture spritz, I will add the tea. I sometimes use as a final rinse or when I am whipping up a deep conditioner and one of the ingredients (like irish moss) makes the concoction too thick, I will use the tea to thin it. I do everything but drink the stuff. However, I take a couple scoops of protein powder a day and about six ounces of goji-acai-aloe vera juice with noni fruit powder added to it, so I am probably drinking enough stuff.

zzirvingj

Let's see: I have a pitcher in the fridge consisting of nettle, burdock, rosemary, horsetail, yerba mate, green, chamomile and hibiscus and more tea infusion. I just threw the tea bags into some filtered water and infused for a few hours in my potpourri crock pot. I also added yarrow, calendula, cornsilk and wild cherry bark, sage, thyme, parsley, fenugreek herbs that I put in a muslin herb bag to infuse. I poured into a 64 ounce pitcher. Sometimes I saturate my hair with it on Saturday morning and let it marinate all day before washing (also nice scalp stimulation). Instead of adding filtered or distilled water to my aloe vera moisture spritz, I will add the tea. I sometimes use as a final rinse or when I am whipping up a deep conditioner and one of the ingredients (like irish moss) makes the concoction too thick, I will use the tea to thin it. I do everything but drink the stuff. However, I take a couple scoops of protein powder a day and about six ounces of goji-acai-aloe vera juice with noni fruit powder added to it, so I am probably drinking enough stuff.

THANKS! This info is very helpful...:yep:

adw425

I also infuse my oils and butters the same way. It is so handy to just throw the tea bags into filtered water, oil or melted olive or shea butter and infuse for several hours with gentle heat. They soak up very little of the oil or butter and it is just a great way to get some hair-friendly herbs into ones oils and butters. Also, the potpourri crock pot is a very benign way to melt down the butters.

Stella B.

This sounds like a very healthy regimen you have established for your body and your hair!!! Your tips make it seem so easy to do! Good for you on choosing natural herbs to aid in your overall health. I will be trying out some of your ideas!! Thanks for posting!:):yep:

Nazarite27

I recently learned about Nettle tea (Stinging Nettle) and how drinking it promotes hair growth along with many other benefits. Also, making the tea and using it as a rinse will do the same thing. So far, I've been just drinking it and has a pretty mild taste.

Here are some of the vitamins and minerals Nettle tea has:

iron,
sulfur,
folic acid,
chlorophyll,
potassium,
vitamins C, K , E, A, B2
serotonin,
manganese

There is a lot of info about Nettle tea and hair on the Web too:

"Nettle has purifying properties and acts as an astringent that helps speed the metabolism and circulation. Nettle has been documented for its use in treating coughs, tuberculosis, arthritis and in stimulating hair growth. "

What teas are you drinking (or rinsing with) for your hair growth and health?

*takes another sip of Nettle tea* :lick:

Thanks for posting this.

I just decided this morning...that while my MoeGro is marinating (it includes Nettle)....I need to drink some of this nettle tea and rinse my hair with it.

How does it taste?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I recently learned about Nettle tea (Stinging Nettle) and how drinking it promotes hair growth along with many other benefits. Also, making the tea and using it as a rinse will do the same thing. So far, I've been just drinking it and has a pretty mild taste.

Here are some of the vitamins and minerals Nettle tea has:

iron,
sulfur,
folic acid,
chlorophyll,
potassium,
vitamins C, K , E, A, B2
serotonin,
manganese

There is a lot of info about Nettle tea and hair on the Web too:

"Nettle has purifying properties and acts as an astringent that helps speed the metabolism and circulation. Nettle has been documented for its use in treating coughs, tuberculosis, arthritis and in stimulating hair growth. "

What teas are you drinking (or rinsing with) for your hair growth and health?

*takes another sip of Nettle tea* :lick:

I drink Nettles, some horsetail, catnip, burdock root, chamomile and some others. I also infuse these teas with oil for my hair, including Rosemary.

Note: For ladies with high blood pressure or concerns, watch how much horsetail and Rosemary you internally drink.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Just raided my tea stash. I also have Fenugreek Leaves, Alfalfa-Pepperment for my tummy, St. John's Wort for calming and relaxation when I can't sleep, Nettles Leaf for muscle relief after a long run. I drink loads of Green Tea, White Tea and Red Tea. I like Indian teas as well. Tazo brand is brilliant. My favorite teas from them are Lotus, Zen, African Bush and Refresh. I like to blend the Refresh with Zen. Delicious!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!

I have all of these except for Marshmellow. Adding to my shopping list... :think:

Christa438

I have tried herbal teas a few times the same way I would do a dc with plastic cap and then rinse out. I love to experiment. I stay in the kitchen making hair food and treatments.

I was sick not too long ago and my mama suggested I fix some tea, honey and lemon juice cause my throat felt funny/semi-sore...I remember I did make a batch and I did pour the rest that was left over on my head and proceeded with a tea-wash lol.

I love drinking spice tea too :lick:

JFK

I just bought some nettle tea to add to my moisturizer and DC's. Does anyone use nettle and, if so, have you noticed improvement in your hair?

Zawaj

I just brewed some nettle tea for my hair and decided to drink some. It's smell was off putting but the taste is rather mild!

winona

I have been doing tea rinses that contain nettle for awhile. So I dont have to do another fresh batch each time I so a preservative called Germall Plus. This way I can store it in my closet with all my other hair products. I have noticed less shedding, Easier detangling sessions, and stronger hair. My rinse consists of Hibiscus Powder, Fenugreek Powder, Nettle, Horsetail, Rosemary, Burdock Root, Marshmellow Root, Henna, Amla, Chamomile, Catnip and Black tea (Breakfast Tea and Earl Gray Tea)

belldandy

I just rinsed with black tea. Does anyone else do this? Traycee made a video, but i want to know if it helped anyone stop excessive shedding...

Zawaj

I have been doing tea rinses that contain nettle for awhile. So I dont have to do another fresh batch each time I so a preservative called Germall Plus. This way I can store it in my closet with all my other hair products. I have noticed less shedding, Easier detangling sessions, and stronger hair. My rinse consists of Hibiscus Powder, Fenugreek Powder, Nettle, Horsetail, Rosemary, Burdock Root, Marshmellow Root, Henna, Amla, Chamomile, Catnip and Black tea (Breakfast Tea and Earl Gray Tea)

I use Earl Grey too sometimes!

I just rinsed with black tea. Does anyone else do this? Traycee made a video, but i want to know if it helped anyone stop excessive shedding...

I've used black tea but not long enough to see a difference but I'll be monitoring it!