Tell me why this MTG smells.....

Kinkyhairlady

Just like Huile Maskiti which is a Haitian oil used for all sorts of sickness. I know it has been mentioned on this board several times but I still don't know what it translates to in english. This oil is great for the hair and many Haitian women do use it for hair growth. I got my original MTG order today and when I smelled it I started laughing the smell is identical I can definately deal with this cause I dealt with the Huile Maskit as a child. No one really knows the ingrediants in Huile Maskiti but I would not be surprised if it was the same as this stuff. Any of the ladies on this board ever use both? Do you agree, cause I know I can't be the only one who noticed this. Also I don't know if everyone remembers the thread Haitian got a secret I started. Well when I found out about the MTG I told one of the girls I associate with at the church about Mane and Tail products without saying the oil though and she was like yeah that is what I have been using for the past 3 years, so I was like is that what made your hair grow and she looked at me funny and said kind of but I know it is that. I asked what products exactly and she just told me the shampoo and conditioner so I am wondering if the oil is involved in it. This might me the secret ladies we've all been looking for. I will soon find out for myself. Anyways just thought I would share that peice of info. I can't wait to start using this product and I will post pics to show the improvement if any.

http://public.fotki.com/Ellis02124/
password: long

L

LaNecia

Don't know why it smells but I'm tolerating it well, so is the DH, (he's such a trooper sometimes :kiss: ). I've never used the Haitian oil but if this smells the same then.... :yay:!!

taraglam2

Ellis said:
Just like Huile Maskiti which is a Haitian oil used for all sorts of sickness. I know it has been mentioned on this board several times but I still don't know what it translates to in english. This oil is great for the hair and many Haitian women do use it for hair growth. I got my original MTG order today and when I smelled it I started laughing the smell is identical I can definately deal with this cause I dealt with the Huile Maskit as a child. No one really knows the ingrediants in Huile Maskiti but I would not be surprised if it was the same as this stuff. Any of the ladies on this board ever use both? Do you agree, cause I know I can't be the only one who noticed this. Also I don't know if everyone remembers the thread Haitian got a secret I started. Well when I found out about the MTG I told one of the girls I associate with at the church about Mane and Tail products without saying the oil though and she was like yeah that is what I have been using for the past 3 years, so I was like is that what made your hair grow and she looked at me funny and said kind of but I know it is that. I asked what products exactly and she just told me the shampoo and conditioner so I am wondering if the oil is involved in it. This might me the secret ladies we've all been looking for. I will soon find out for myself. Anyways just thought I would share that peice of info. I can't wait to start using this product and I will post pics to show the improvement if any.

You got some great growth going on!!! Keep up the good work!!! :)

Belle Du Jour

Ellis said:

Ellis, I remember that thread!

But do you think she was referring to the BSS Mane and Tail products rather that the Shapley's MTG? I thought they were the same at first, but shapley's is really an animal product.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Y'all lied to me. The smell doesnt go awayyyyyyyyy....lol...I put it in last night and I can STILL smell it. The stuff I mixed it with didnt cut the smell at all either. Did anyone try the vanilla trick to see if it worked?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Enchantmt said:
MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Y'all lied to me. The smell doesnt go awayyyyyyyyy....lol...I put it in last night and I can STILL smell it. The stuff I mixed it with didnt cut the smell at all either. Did anyone try the vanilla trick to see if it worked?

:lol: :lol:

balisi

Enchantmt said:
Enchantment, how much did you use, and did you apply to only your scalp? I applied it only to my scalp last night and I could still smell it slightly this morning, probably because the satin cap held it in, but after a couple of hours, I couldn't smell it anymore. :)

Keen

Enchantmt said:

I tried the vanilla it I thought it help very little. Then I added some more vanilla to it and some lemon extract. That really help. I think the lemon extract is the ingredient that really cut the smell. Next time I mix some, I will add the lemon extract first to see how it smells. That won't be for a few weeks though

Enchantmt

balisi said:
Enchantment, how much did you use, and did you apply to only your scalp? I applied it only to my scalp last night and I could still smell it slightly this morning, probably because the satin cap held it in, but after a couple of hours, I couldn't smell it anymore. :)

I used more than I normally would have because its my day off and I am planning on washing it out before work tomorrow. I put it on my scalp and massaged it for a while and then braided it up so its throughout all my hair. Its VERY soft tho. I'm just wondering if the smell is actually going away or if the women using it are becoming accustomed to it and cant smell it. You know like when you wear a fragrance for a while you tune it out but everyone else can smell it. I wonder if they can make something like this with an odorless sulfer like msm and get the same results. The oil I mixed it with was the last of the sample I had. I only used a very little bit and it doesnt have a strong fragrance. I'm waiting for my full sized bottle to come, but I didnt want to dilute it too much either because I want the full effectiveness. I also noticed a sore bump on my scalp I had has stopped hurting and is going away. I guess it shouldnt be suprising since it is supposed to help skin ailments and (shhhh dont tell anyone) :sekret: since my face looked so purty where the oil touched I mixed it with some lotion for my body :sekret: . Wouldnt it be wonderful if this stuff got rid of stretch marks?? Laugh at me now but I bet all unz add it to your body products by the end of the week. :lachen:

Curly...are u laughin at my pain?? lol

Keen..thanx for the info...If it is still unbearable after I use it sparingly I will try the lemon.

Anyone else able to cut the scent effectively?

L

LaNecia

Enchantmt said:
Wouldnt it be wonderful if this stuff got rid of stretch marks?? Laugh at me now but I bet all unz add it to your body products by the end of the week. :lachen:

You gave us til the END of the week?! :lol:

Enchantmt

LOL...I figured some would hold out because of the smell. I used a real perfumy lotion tho so its blending in. I'm glad I'm single because if I wasnt I would be now... :)

L

LaNecia

:sekret:....My DH Works Graves..... :sekret: I got come Victoria Secret Lotions I've been wanting to use up!

Kinkyhairlady

classimami713 said:
Ellis, I remember that thread!

But do you think she was referring to the BSS Mane and Tail products rather that the Shapley's MTG? I thought they were the same at first, but shapley's is really an animal product.

Classimami she did not specify and she was looking at me kind of strange so I decided not to dig deeper to get the information. Some people are so secretive about what they use for their hair. Anyways if this was the secret she was holding then I got it and I don't mind sharing. I applied it on the nape of my hair last night and for some reason it felt like it was burning, I am not sure why but it went away. How often is everyone using it. I only wash my hair once a week so I am thinking twice a week might be good for me to use it but the bottle says once a week. I am unclear as to which to do. Anyone have good results using it more then once a week?

Keen

Enchantmt said:
I guess it shouldnt be suprising since it is supposed to help skin ailments and (shhhh dont tell anyone) :sekret: since my face looked so purty where the oil touched I mixed it with some lotion for my body :sekret: . Wouldnt it be wonderful if this stuff got rid of stretch marks?? Laugh at me now but I bet all unz add it to your body products by the end of the week. :lachen:

Let me know if this works for your stretch marks I was thinking about trying that too. I think I will mix some with my body lotion when I get back from vacation.

L

LaNecia

:eek: Just had a thought....what if it grows hair everywhere you put it!!! :lachen: What if you put it somewhere you didn't know you had fine hair and it started growing in all thick and fast? :rofl:

Oh my...nope, I think I'll stick with putting it on my head and that's it!! I wish you ladies luck. LaLa's gotta pass on this one!

cocopuff

Sounds like you may have solved a mystery! My boyfriend is Haitian and his sister just got a perm last year after growing her natural hair out past her shoulders and she is only in the fourth grade. I have also noticed that their hair is much straighter than mine is. I have type 4a hair that is thick and my boyfriend's hair is actually straighter without much curl definition. I use the MTG oil every night, but have only been using it for 5 days, so I haven't noticed growth yet. The scent IS kinda bad, but I apply it at night and don't notice the smell in the morning, but I have noticed that my head does itch in the morning.

Enchantmt

LaNecia said:
:eek: Just had a thought....what if it grows hair everywhere you put it!!! :lachen: What if you put it somewhere you didn't know you had fine hair and it started growing in all thick and fast? :rofl:

Oh my...nope, I think I'll stick with putting it on my head and that's it!! I wish you ladies luck. LaLa's gotta pass on this one!

LOL..I dont think it will grow any thicker than or longer than what it is now, tho I will probaby have to shave my legs more often, but if I see signs of turning into the chimp from The Planet of the Apes...I will be sure the warn you.... :lachen: On a serious note, I have noticed a rash I had from an allgeric reaction to this detergent is smoother, and some dry patches I had are disappearing. Its supposed to work on horse skin problems 3-5 days, so with our skin not as thick I figured I'd see results sooner.

Enchantmt

Ellis said:
Some people are so secretive about what they use for their hair. Anyways if this was the secret she was holding then I got it and I don't mind sharing.

TRUST when I say NO ONE outside of LHCF will EVA know I'm using this stuff...lol... Not because I dont want them to have good results and healthy hair but most of folx I know always want to know what you did to get your results but they are never willing to do what you did, so then they talk about you. And I'd go to jail the first time I walked in the room and a friend or family member neighed...lol... I know the women here understand. My one sister in Houston tho will try anything. She calls me and asks me about stuff and actually takes my advice. Shes getting really good results with surge and msm. If I get good results with this I will tell her about it but I want to try it out first.

oglorious1

Mixologist
I used this to cut the smell and it worked, distilled water, rosemary oil, glycerin, and peppermint oil, mixed it up and voila', no smell...I got the idea from Acjazz28 on np.

balisi

Enchantmt said:
. And I'd go to jail the first time I walked in the room and a friend or family member neighed...lol... I know the women here understand.
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
On another note, since no one seems to know what "huile de masketi" means, if it smells just like the MTG oil, perhaps it translates to "oil of mesquite." It smells just like sulpher and liquid smoke.

DMarie

LaNecia said:

I was thinking the same thing.

DMarie

virtuosity

So after reading this thread I had to send a mass email to all my Haitian friends and the reply I got back was that Huille de Maskati is just good
'ole castor oil... did anyone get a different answer?

Enchantmt

I put some in my hair last night and put on a plastic cap. For some reason the smell is different, I smell like a burnt match now. :(

Mahalialee4

Is it possible that they just added pine tar and sulphur to the castor oil?????????????????? you know those Islanders are mighty handy with good hair growing and body fixing recipes...very skilled herbalists.....bonjour