My texlaxed hair (pics)

HoneyDew

I will try to take a pic the next time I wash. Mine does not look as straight as yours when it is wet, even after a fresh relaxer.

I will take a pic on Thursday when I wash my hair. I am 6 weeks post right now and plan to relax in about 3 weeks. I will take a pic then, as well. (My phone cam pics won't look as good as your though. :))

How many weeks post relaxer are you there in your pic.

lana

My texlaxed hair doesn't look as straight as your roots even with a fresh texlax. Maybe we're all texlaxed at different stages (Mine is like 5 mintues - 8 minutes with Mizani). I just wanted to loosen my texture but basically stay closer to naturally curly than bone straight. Do you know what I mean?

Your hair looks pretty and thank you for sharing pics. I will do the same as soon as I get a camera phone.

sunshinebeautiful

Here's what my hair looks like when wet. This was after a fresh relaxer.

There are more wet/dry pics in my Fotki.

hottopic

I texlax...and mine is not as straight. I leave my relaxer on for 13mins max. I have very thick 4a/b hair. But it does look good :)

preciousjewel76

I texlax, and mine looks about the same as the OP's. I guess what I'm doing more than anything else is "underprocessing on purpose".:look: I leave my relaxer on for 15-20 minutes. It doesn't get me bone straight, which is what I want, but it straightens the NG about 75% or so.

free2be

KissKiss said:
It loos good.. what does it look like dry?

When I rollerset, the roots are still very wavy. The only way to get them straight is to flat iron or blowdry. I'll post a pic next time I wash.

free2be

I use Phyto 1 and from start to finish its 20 minutes. I think my roots can be deceiving because for some reason they grow out straighter than curl up. Even when I was natural, my roots tended to be straight. I am only five months into texlaxing that's why I am trying to adjust my routine now. Any suggestions?

HoneyDew

Ok here are my pics, as promised.

I just washed and conditioned my hair. In these pics, my hair is wet, and I just appled my leave in and serum. I am almost 7 weeks post right now. My hair is never much different than what you see here.

After a fresh texlax, my hair is just softer and tangles less. My edges are never "bone" straight.

Edited to add

My ends are bone straight but I don't have the heart to cut them yet. :) eventually they have to go. My texlaxed hair has so much more elasticity when I do a a stretch test.

Last edited:

Blackoutzangel05

Thanks for posting this. I am going to texlax tomorrow and I wanted to know how my hair would look and this helped me. Your hair is gorgeous and it looks really full at the roots...I don't want to lose my curls, which I doubt that I will but I want to be able to do rollersets and not have them puff right out when I walk out the door.

HoneyDew

Blackoutzangel05 said:
Thanks for posting this. I am going to texlax tomorrow and I wanted to know how my hair would look and this helped me. Your hair is gorgeous and it looks really full at the roots...I don't want to lose my curls, which I doubt that I will but I want to be able to do rollersets and not have them puff right out when I walk out the door.

I still have trouble with my rollersets. :nono: they just are not sleek and smooth the way I want. Maybe I am not putting the rollers in tight enough. Professionals can do it better but I JUST CANNOT DO THEM on my own. I always end up having to use a flat-iron on my texlaxed hair and I always feel it way too much heat after sitting under the dryer all that time. Makes me want to relax straight, but then I am afraid I will lose my thickness. Choices, choices - :)

*Michelle*

My hair is texlaxed, I'm gonna take a pic when I wash it. OP's roots look similar to mine. My process takes 8 mins from start to finish.

HoneyDew

Pixel Lady said:
My hair is texlaxed, I'm gonna take a pic when I wash it. OP's roots look similar to mine. My process takes 8 mins from start to finish.

Wow! 8 mins! That is great timing to get it that straight. In 8 min, my NG is like :bah: What relaxer do you use?

*Michelle*

I looked at all the links...some nice heads of hair!

HoneyDew, I use Mizani mild, if I run out I go with Motions with oil mild. What do you use?

MrsHouston

I'll have to take some pics of my hair wet...I have absolutly no straightness...it's thick like a fro at the roots and straight on the ends.

HoneyDew

Pixel Lady said:
I looked at all the links...some nice heads of hair!

HoneyDew, I use Mizani mild, if I run out I go with Motions with oil mild. What do you use?

I use Profectiv. Regular takes longer and Super gets it right on point. My hair is just very resistant.

Blackoutzangel05

HoneyDew said:
I still have trouble with my rollersets. :nono: they just are not sleek and smooth the way I want. Maybe I am not putting the rollers in tight enough. Professionals can do it better but I JUST CANNOT DO THEM on my own. I always end up having to use a flat-iron on my texlaxed hair and I always feel it way too much heat after sitting under the dryer all that time. Makes me want to relax straight, but then I am afraid I will lose my thickness. Choices, choices - :)

I have found that they work best when you comb through each piece that you are going to roll and use smaller sections. Then I pull tight. I know when I used to do it I couldn't feel that coldness that I did when my hair dresser did them so I started pulling them tighter and they came out straighter. I don't mind a little wavy at the root but I don't want puffiness.

LocksOfLuV

HoneyDew said:

I just washed and conditioned my hair. In these pics, my hair is wet, and I just appled my leave in and serum. I am almost 7 weeks post right now. My hair is never much different than what you see here.

After a fresh texlax, my hair is just softer and tangles less. My edges are never "bone" straight.

Edited to add

My ends are bone straight but I don't have the heart to cut them yet. :) eventually they have to go. My texlaxed hair has so much more elasticity when I do a a stretch test.

Now THIS is how my hair looks! :yep: !

*Michelle*

LocksOfLuV said:
You use profectiv? How do you like it?

Does it straighten easily ( I don't want that)?

I apologize. I meant, I texlax my fine hair. I use Mizani mild and Motions w/oil mild...in and out in 8 mins.

HoneyDew

LocksOfLuV said:
HoneyDew which profectiv relaxer do you use? How do you like it?

I use the regular most times, but the last time I tried the Super. It got my really resistant side to tame down pretty good. The regular started underprocessing me too much, but that may be my fault because I don't smooth too much. I think if anyone wanted to try it, they should start with the regular.

preciousjewel76

HoneyDew said:

Edited to add

My wet hair looks like this too, straight ends and all. Like you, I'll cut them off eventually, but probably not until I hit at least APL.