Texlaxers on the curly end of the spectrum

Miss AJ

What is your total time (application+smoothing/processing=total texlaxing time)?

I've been searching alllll day and I've only seen Prospurr give this info. Also, how much oil or conditioner are you adding? If I do decide to texlax later on down the road I was thinking 15 minutes total (10 for application, 5 for processing, no smoothing) and 1/2 cup olive oil in a regular strength no lye relaxer. Even though I'd be going for the texlaxed look, would 1/2 cup slow down the relaxer TOO much?

isawstars

I see a professional. I told her not to smooth it and as soon as she finishes, to immediately wash it out. So what's that? ...5-10 minutes? I like my texture :)

Have you checked out the texlaxed support thread? It has so much info I haven't been able to read all of it!

Prudent1

dang....nobody???
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Hold you're horses girlie!! What you have said is exactly what I do when I texlax.:yep: Except I don't add any oil to my lye relaxer. Not that I've had problems using oil, I've just never tried it. It sounds good though.:scratchch I try to do as much prep work as possible in the weeks coming up to a texlax. I make sure to have the right pH level of my hair shaft. I do not go over 15 minutes total time period. I use a protein treatment immediately after rinsing the chemicals from my hair, neutralize, and follow up with a super fatty DC+heat. I love the results I get.:grin:

OneInAMillion

What is your total time (application+smoothing/processing=total texlaxing time)?

I've been searching alllll day and I've only seen Prospurr give this info. Also, how much oil or conditioner are you adding? If I do decide to texlax later on down the road I was thinking 15 minutes total (10 for application, 5 for processing, no smoothing) and 1/2 cup olive oil in a regular strength no lye relaxer. Even though I'd be going for the texlaxed look, would 1/2 cup slow down the relaxer TOO much?

I just did this last week so its fresh on my mind.

I used Linange Shea Butter Cream Texturizer and didn't add anything to it. I did add protein to my hair before application. I have fine hair (4a) that usually processes quickly. My application time was between 7 and 8 minutes and I relaxed in two halves.

There are more details about the process in my fotki and pictures of what I look like wet, dry, and with a rollerset.

lana

I agree that you will find most of what you're looking for in the texlaxers support thread...but...

I'm a 4a/b with an almost natural look to my hair, especially now at 12 weeks post texlax. I use Mizani Butter Blends Mild for Sensitive Scalp. I don't add anything to it usually except for about 4 spoonfuls of conditioner. I put CHI Silk Infusion on my already processed hair to protect it and I use a scalp protectant because I have VERY sensitive scalp. I apply in 6 minutes, smooth my edges only, apply to my nape last and then rinse. It's all in and out in under 12 minutes tops!

I apply a protein conditioner before nuetralizing. I let the nuetralizing shampoo sit on my hair strands for a few minutes after the initial nuetralizing shampoo and rinse. I deep condition with Keracare Humecto with heat. My hair is strong, thick and beautiful and much easier to straighten than when I was completely natural.

CaliDiamond

I am a 4b:grin: and when I texlax late Feb/early March I will use Hawaiian Silky No-Lye (in the jar) and leave it on for 12 minutes (8 to apply, 4 to smooth). I have extremely resistant hair, so I have to smooth..This is why it is a good idea to stretch your texlax so that you have the right amount of time/hair to get the desired result.

OneInAMillion

I also forgot to add this to the last post: Check out the Curve Salon Silkener secret thread for tips. AND...do a strand test so that you find the level of curl that you want when you do texlax.

Miss AJ

i went thru the first few pages of the texlaxed support thread but i have yet to sit down and go thru all the pages.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I just did this last week so its fresh on my mind.

I used Linange Shea Butter Cream Texturizer and didn't add anything to it. I did add protein to my hair before application. I have fine hair (4a) that usually processes quickly. My application time was between 7 and 8 minutes and I relaxed in two halves.

There are more details about the process in my fotki and pictures of what I look like wet, dry, and with a rollerset.

This is what I do, but I leave it on for 10-15 minutes w/o smoothing. My hair doesn't process that quickly.

dlewis

I use mild lady velvet for 5-7 minutes total. I don't always smooth, maybe once a year. With smoothing I'll say 7 minutes.

vkb247

I have very resistant hair and I have used

- Motions Herbals in Super (reviews say it underprocesses and reverts)
-ORS lye in Regular
- Revlon Realistic Regular (reviews say takes a long time to process)

I always mix my relaxer with at least 1/3 conditioner with half a tub of relaxer in a separate container. Oil slows the relaxer down too much for me and the most I have ever used was maybe 2-3 tbsp but with other additives too.

I don't usually smooth and the longest I have processed (application time included) is 12 minutes. I also do a post relaxer protein step before neutralizing.

Miss AJ

When you all are doing your protein step before neutralizing, is it just a protein DC or a protein treatment?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
(new texlaxer as of today) i left mine on for 8mins and mixed with olive oil, but i only put about a cap full of oil, not too much!! smoothing for only 2mins. my hair is loosely wavy.

eta, i put mega tek on hair before the nuetralizer for protein!