texlaxing after bleaching??

L.Brown1114

I bleached my hair to go blonde and I hated it so i dyed it back black. My ends took a hit and my hair is VERY thirsty for moisture. I regret bleaching because now my hair is not at its healthiest, but i really want to texlax. what should I do?

How long has it been since the bleach and dye? If it's been within a month, I would advise not to do it. Your hair has just undergone the stripping of bleaching and an application of colour. I would wait it out as long as possible, unless you don't mind cutting any damage. I tried a similar thing when I was relaxed. Luckily I didn't lose any hair but it was very damaged. I had to spend some time nurturing my hair and by not applying any more processes to it for a while.

I wouldn't texlax. Bleaching can be very damaging to your hair. Even if it's not damaging right away, sometimes it can cause your hair to slowly break off over time. I would just focus on getting my hair back in shape.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

I really want to take you by the shoulders and shake you to wake you up. Your hair will slowly or immediately fall off. You are doing too many chemical treatments on your hair. You cannot texlax your hair. You would be better off doing a restorative treatment and doing some protective styling in the form of braids or a weave. Hide your hair for a while but don't forget to moisturise twice a day. your hair must be so dry and brittle.

Sometime ago a friend of mine did a dye job and relaxer close together. Not only did her hair literally start washing down the sink as the stylist rinsed out the relaxer, but the remaining hair had a green tint. It was horrific.

Dont do it.

Please don't do it! I relaxed my hair 6 weeks after bleaching my hair blonde (10 years ago), and my hair literally came out....in clumps....with each swipe of my comb/brush. I had to transition (after getting chopped to ear length).

Please don't do it... just baby your hair with lots of TLC and protect it.

Moisturize and protein condition. If you relax bleached hair, it will be terribly fried. Of course, some people can do just about anything to their hair if it's a very dense and strong strand but it's not at all advisable. Please reconsider. Grow our your hair first.

Thanks guys. Ill stay in box braids and faux dreads and keep my hair as moistirized as possible, but i sure miss feeling the air on my scalp

Before I knew anything about hair years ago, I used a now discontinued product called lightening gel. I used it religiously until my hair turned orange. My hair was so dry, brittle, and knotted, for some reason I thought texturizing it would be better. Long story short, all my hair fell out and I had chemical burns. Had to cut it ALL off. Moral of the story - avoid bleach and relaxers together. Do either one or the other.

If your are considerING texlaxing after doing all that you have done to your strands, you must be ready to BIG CHOP :look:

I don't want to beat a dead horse but only those with unicorn hair can do both and even unicorns end up with damaged hair down the line. I thought about beaching my hair before texlaxing but know I couldn't do both - I had to chose one.

I texlaxed my hair 8 months after bleaching and went from shoulder length to shorter than ear length as I rinsed the relaxer out. Sometimes waiting a few months to do another chemical process doesn't work.

Back