Texturizer--how many making the switch?

Leshia

I'm thinking of moving the direction of a texturizer--how many have recently switched? How many thinking of switching? I LOVE what Curve salon is doing with the silkener thing. Anyone try this??

Ronda123

I recently made the switch.:yay: I transitioned for several months and became very tired of my relaxed ends. I texturized my hair after the big chop... I used an s-curl regular texturizer. I will use a designer touch texturizer for my touch ups. I am loving my texturizer! :love:

I also love the look of the Silkener. I believe there are a couple of ladies on this forum that has had the Silkener?

Good luck on your decision!

http://public.fotki.com/Ronda123/

password: hair

caligirl

I am transitioning and I really want to give my natural hair a chance. But I've been sweating the texturizer pics in the book "Hair Rules" and I might get my hair done by the author of that book in NY.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Ronda123 said:
I recently made the switch.:yay: I transitioned for several months and became very tired of my relaxed ends. I texturized my hair after the big chop... I used an s-curl regular texturizer. I will use a designer touch texturizer for my touch ups. I am loving my texturizer! :love:

I also love the look of the Silkener. I believe there are a couple of ladies on this forum that has had the Silkener?

Good luck on your decision!

http://public.fotki.com/Ronda123/

password: hair

Your hair is very cute!

Ms Red

I am transitioning. I've thought about being texturized (a lot of versatility)- I would like the option of being able to easily straighten my hair and also have more defined curls. But my hair type is already very curly and can't handle chemicals very well. That's why I am leaning more towards natural.

I won't truly know until I have about 6 months of new growth. Then I'll know exactly what I'm working with. :)

mytia

SuperWoman!
I tried to transition and it didn't work for me so I relaxed. The relaxer didn't take at all, it just texturized so I decided to just texturize from now on.

melodee

I've been texturizing this year. I don't want to BC, so I've still got several inches of bone straight hair. I plan on cutting little by little.

harigeek

Hi Ladies ! I really want to get a texturizer as well. My tangles are causing breaking when I try to loosen them.
Does a texturizer help with tangles ? I have 4a hair but it's not very dense.

Thanks!!

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
harigeek said:
Hi Ladies ! I really want to get a texturizer as well. My tangles are causing breaking when I try to loosen them.
Does a texturizer help with tangles ? I have 4a hair but it's not very dense.

Thanks!!

Not sure about tangles...but, my hair didn't get those little knots on the individual strands nearly as much after texturizing.

Queenie

I started to texturize 2 years ago. I did mini chops to get me through. It is working much better than relaxed hair for me.

It's been taking me a while to decide how much of the natural texture that I want to have. My wash and go's are really big and fluffy right now. I plan to do a corrective texturizer in a month or so.