Texturizer is reverting already! Lesson learned

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I lightly texturized my hair the first of the month and I liked it because it was easier to style. Now, I am having a hard time with shingling! That was the easiest style for my natural hair. :( Mtg makes my texturizers temporary. the last time I texturized, the same thing happened. That's it for me, folks. No more chemicals! I'm officially transitioning without the BC. My texturized hair is similar enough to my natural texture, so there won't be a problem. Now I truly know that my hair is best left natural. :ohwell: I'll be wearing two strand twists thru the winter and by then, I'll be able to wear a pony tail. My journal is still out of whack, so I posted this here for advice.

Girl I have been there! Luckily you have retained most of your natural texture so that you can still rock natural styles as you transition. Don't be hard on yourself it's all a learning experience. Good luck with your transition!

Awwww. I'm sorry Naturalchallenge.

How long did you wait before applying MTG after your texturizer.
I wonder whether the reversion effects can be avoided by waiting a while (a week maybe?) before starting your MTG reginmen up again. By the way, I don't use MTG yet, but I've been studying the posts. I know some have stopped using it a week before they get their relaxer/texturizer to aviod burn, so I wonder if we should wait after, too.

I hope someone out there has some insight on this. :look:

Carefree, your curly fro was similar to mine before my texturizer. I am just a bit disappointed right now. It will probably take a month before mtg completely removes this texturizer from my hair. Just a sad waste of my effort. :( This did teach me a lesson I needed to learn, though. No more chemicals for me. :whyme:

nekilaki said:
Awwww. I'm sorry Naturalchallenge.

How long did you wait before applying MTG after your texturizer.
I wonder whether the reversion effects can be avoided by waiting a while (a week maybe?) before starting your MTG reginmen up again. By the way, I don't use MTG yet, but I've been studying the posts. I know some have stopped using it a week before they get their relaxer/texturizer to aviod burn, so I wonder if we should wait after, too.

I hope someone out there has some insight on this. :look:

I never stopped my mtg use. I didn't leave the relaxer on long enough for it to burn. I may be an exception, though, so don't go by me. All I know is that chemicals don't last long in my hair with Mtg use. I figured that I could just texturize and stretch my texturizers. I now realize to just leave the chemicals alone. :violin:

Natrlchallenge said:
Carefree, your curly fro was similar to mine before my texturizer. I am just a bit disappointed right now. It will probably take a month before mtg completely removes this texturizer from my hair. Just a sad waste of my effort. :( This did teach me a lesson I needed to learn, though. No more chemicals for me. :whyme:

I know you're disappointed but the good thing about hair is that it always grows back! I transitioned twice and ended up texturizing both times before finally doing the big chop and growing out my natural hair this final time. After all the ups and downs I appreciate my natural hair more now and you will too when your transition is over :)

Congrats on going natural, sorry you had to go through the other stuff...but good luck! Chemicals aren't for everybody.:) They are beginning to wear me out too...

Back