Thank you LHCF.

RosesBlack

Dear Members of LCHF,

I am sitting here just about in tears and I have you all to thank. A few months ago I wrote this post and was seriously ready to give up on myself and my ability to take care of my hair or even have my hair look nice.

I'm sitting here right now with my hair freshly relaxed and hennaed and for the first time in my ENTIRE life I just blew out and flat ironed a portion of my hair. I have been terrified to use even sparing indirect heat but with your guidance I'm starting to overcome my fears.

What's more, I did a good job. I can't believe it and I hope this isn't cheating for the hide your hair challenge and I know my hair is not as shiny or fabulous as a lot of you on here but to get here from pretty much just shaving it all off when it got too bad is an amazing accomplishment for me.

I'm sorry about the crappy quality pictures they don't do the RED fabulousness that is my shiny (with only heat protectant) hair. But I had to share and tell you that I love you all and thank my stars I found you here.

Thank you LCHF. I love you as my sisters. I don't have any sisters and wasn't taught these things by my Mother so it means a lot to me.

Shannon

Image467.jpg

Image471.jpg

PS ignore my super gleaming nose there, bright light+all day shopping makes my skin greasy. I'm also cross posting this to my hair journal.

Please ignore the misspelled title I shouldn't type while teary.

Last edited:
Re: Thank you LCJF.

Your story touched my heart Rosesblack! I am so happy for you; and your hair looks lovely...you did an awesome job! I knew some things about hair before I came to LHCF but nothing like I know now...I am where I am today because of the wonderful women on this board. I feel there is a sisterhood here at LHCF...and I enjoy talking to them. Keep up the good work...:yep:

Dear Members of LCHF,

I am sitting here just about in tears and I have you all to thank. A few months ago I wrote this post and was seriously ready to give up on myself and my ability to take care of my hair or even have my hair look nice.

I'm sitting here right now with my hair freshly relaxed and hennaed and for the first time in my ENTIRE life I just blew out and flat ironed a portion of my hair. I have been terrified to use even sparing indirect heat but with your guidance I'm starting to overcome my fears.

What's more, I did a good job. I can't believe it and I hope this isn't cheating for the hide your hair challenge and I know my hair is not as shiny or fabulous as a lot of you on here but to get here from pretty much just shaving it all off when it got too bad is an amazing accomplishment for me.

I'm sorry about the crappy quality pictures they don't do the RED fabulousness that is my shiny (with only heat protectant) hair. But I had to share and tell you that I love you all and thank my stars I found you here.

Thank you LCHF. I love you as my sisters. I don't have any sisters and wasn't taught these things by my Mother so it means a lot to me.

Shannon

Image467.jpg

Image471.jpg

PS ignore my super gleaming nose there, bright light+all day shopping makes my skin greasy. I'm also cross posting this to my hair journal.

Please ignore the misspelled title I shouldn't type while teary.

This is a great story. But who is LCJF....just kidding!:grin: But anyway, I love to heat testimonies like this because I will tell the truth, sometimes when people are whining I just want to say, "Girl, just give up." But I know that we all get down sometimes, so 9/10, I will say, "Keep trying." So, great progress and keep up the good work!

I feel the same way !

Last edited:

Thanks for reading ladies.

You know what's funny? After all that drying and flat ironing last night my hair went ..FLOOOOOOOOOOOF this morning because it's so rainy and windy and for once I didn't care.

I might not look all that cute but damn it I know I was cute there for a hot minute.

Even though I didn't help you directly, RB, I am so touched by this thread. I am proud of you, too!

Go 'head and cry your tears of joy! Good for you RosesBlack!
Keep doing what you are doing and who knows?... Feature of the Month?

CONGRATULATIONS!
:rosebud::clap::party:

You can't help but succeed when you persevere! I'm so happy for you - just keep on growing. Setbacks are a part of the process, but they are all learning experiences!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Good for you, now your test has become a testimony and I promise you there is going to be someone else who comes on this board or another and you will read that post and know exactly what she is feeling and not only that you will now be able to share with her and get her through her trial.

Each one teach one. This is great!!!

Oh wow, RosesBlack, I just saw this post! This makes me so happy, I have tears in my eyes now! :grin:

I remember how you were feeling about your hair a few months ago...the pic shows how great it's doing and what wonderful progress you're making.

Way to go sis! :yep:

Hi, Roses! It's a really great feeling realizing you've made progress with your hair growth and health. And this is probably just the beginning for you, keep up the good work and have fun!

Back