THANKS FOR THE LOVE+my regime

Sunshine

Thank you sooo much for the warm welcome. I am so glad that you ladys love talking about hair as much as I do. My Regime is very simple.

I relax my hair every 7 weeks with Vitale Life and Body Regular.

I have been rinsing out the relaxer and applying Optima Step 2 After Relaxer Normalizer before the shampoo. I've been using it because it was left over and I didn't want to waste it. I just finished the last of it and I don't know if I'm going to buy it again. I'll see if my hair misses it.

I use Motions CPR conditioner,

and Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion--(not bad but looking for something better)---then I roller set. When my hair is dry I rub a nickel sized drop of IC Hair Polisher in my hands and get it all through my hair good. Using a cushioned "wig" brush I wrap my hair, then place a mesh wrap strip with the velcro closure around the wrap and sit under the dryer for 5-10 more min. That's it.

I don't trim unless I see split ends and I haven't seen any since I cut my hair 6 mos. ago. I do have highlights that I put in myself with foil and creme bleach using 10 volume peroxide, only at the crown; the rest of my hair just got light from the relaxer I guess.

Oh, for my weekly shampoo I use Salerm Shampoo with Protein. I want to become aggressive with my hair length goals. I'm going to begin by using vitamin supplements and drinking more water. Wish me luck.

Peace and Love, Sunshine

Thanks for posting your regime. Its sooo simple! (which is how a hair regime should be really).

I was thinking of trying one of those 'wig' brushes. Is that the one with the stiff prongs all over and a tiny bobble/ball at the end of each prong?

Thats amazing that you relax and colour your own hair though. The colour is fantastic.

Sunshine

BRH,
Yes, that is the brush I'm talking about. I'm gentle when using it and it seems to make wrapping much easier for me. Thanks again for the compliments. Your hair looks really good. What thread is your regime posted (if posted)?

I may get one of these brushes. I'm always scared because they look so stif and dangerous /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I have had one run through my hair though once and it was good.

I don't have my regime posted. I pre oil and rollar set just like you. The only bit I don't do is run the polisher through my hair and then re-wrap for more mins under the dryer. I just wrap and go to bed.

At the moment I'm trying to work out how to get rid of the static clinginess in my hair. When a salon does a wash and set or anyone else I have nicely separated strands. When I do it, my strands kind of stick together and I have no idea why.