The Beginning of my Transition***Pics***

aquajoyice

Hi ladies,

Today is a monumental day for me in my natural hair journey. I started out on a 6 month stretch beginning Sept of 2010 set to texlax in Mar 2011. The closer I got to the end of my stretch the more hesitant I was to texlax. After much debate on the reason for my texlaxing I decided there was really no reason at this stage of my journey. I mainly wear protective styles 95% of the time, rarely wear my hair straight and my texlaxed hair closely resembles my new growth. I can no longer tell the difference between my new growth and my texlaxed hair.

After straightening my hair for Valentines day I realized my hair gets super straight when I deep condition prior to using heat. It has nothing to do with chemicals. My hair was relaxer straight and my new growth was super shiny and bouncy. My crutch of having a relaxer was over when I realized this. Detangling is a breeze and I have the right products/technique to keep my hair moisturized.

After washing my hair to put it back in a bun I noticed I had a lot of straight scraggly ends from my bone straight relaxing days. I ended up giving myself a hair cut and shaping while my hair was damp and frizzy/kinky/curly. I did this to allow myself to wear my hair out in a curly fro. So to the pics :yep::yep:
The first two pics are my hair straight with about 5 1/2 months of new growth. The last pics are the results of a twist out on freshly washed hair using Giovanni's leave in conditioner. I wore the twist out for a day to make sure it was dry before separating the curls. And let me tell ya'll, I LOVE MY HAIR. I was whipping my hair like Willow Smith this morning and love the frizz, the kinkyness and the curl of my hair. I'm excited about growing it out in this state and look forward to all kinds of new styles. I haven't decided yet on whether or not to cut off more to get rid of my texlaxed hair. I'm playing it by ear and will listen to what my hair wants in the process. Tell me what you think of my twist out :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Attachments

• 0213111326.jpeg
    0213111326.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 0214111033.jpeg
    0214111033.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Right Side II.jpg
    Right Side II.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Back View.jpg
    Back View.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Top View .jpg
    Top View .jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 131

beana

Looks soo pretty!!! i love it! What products are you using to help manage your transitioning hair? I'm 7 months post and would like some products and technique recommendations.

aquajoyice

Looks soo pretty!!! i love it! What products are you using to help manage your transitioning hair? I'm 7 months post and would like some products and technique recommendations.

THank-you Beana! These are the products I use:

My main staples are:
V05 Moisture Milks for Co-washing
Goivanni Magnetize shampoo
Goivanni's leave in conditioner
Alba Leave in conditioner
Activator gel.

I've attached pics of all the pics I use from shampoo's, conditioners, styling products, leave-ins and heat protectants.

Attachments

• mail-2.jpeg
    mail-2.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 37
  • mail-1.jpeg
    mail-1.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 34
  • mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 33
  • mail-5.jpeg
    mail-5.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 33
  • mail-3.jpeg
    mail-3.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 32

aquajoyice

More Products:

Attachments

• mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 10
  • mail-5.jpeg
    mail-5.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 11
  • mail-6.jpeg
    mail-6.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 11
  • mail-3.jpeg
    mail-3.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 14
  • mail-4.jpeg
    mail-4.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 14

aquajoyice

Protein Treatments that I will begin using to keep my hair strong. I've also been using this holding spray I found in Ross that smells really good and holds my hair without making it stiff.

Attachments

• mail-7.jpeg
    mail-7.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 12
  • mail-8.jpeg
    mail-8.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 11
  • mail-6.jpeg
    mail-6.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 10

aquajoyice

Here is a front view. I have a whole new level of respect and love for my crazy hair :grin::grin:.

Attachments

• Front view.JPG
    Front view.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 23

aquajoyice

Thank-you Ladies!! I will try to post pics of different styles. I have so many ideas of things I want to do with these kinks! LOL