I'm think I'm going to end my transition today....

Texlax Yay or Nay

• Yay

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bun Mistress

******PICS are below, POST TEX-LAX*******

With a texlax. This is going to make me really unpopular.

I have been transitioning for over two years after a very bad experience at a salon.
Last october I then had a second bad experience inwhich I go heat damange (not bad my hair is now 3C/4A instead of 4B. I was annoyed at the 4A hair and decided to just keep growing it out, but I think I'm going to transition to texlax instead applied to the new growth and just cut my straight ends off tonight.

I'm tried of braids and really poofy hair. My goal is to get my new growth as close as possible to my "damaged BKT" hair. No I don't want to BKT again. That was traumatic. I think that if I can learn to texlax myself then that would be the best option for me. Its so shameful to write htis but I feel like everyday is a bad hair day and I'm tried of it!

Feedback, support? Angry mob? Any texlaxer out that that couldn't be happier??

Last edited:

MaryJane3000

IMO if you're going to straighten your hair so often that it'll cause heat damage you might as well texlax or relax. It's your hair on your head so you do what you want with it, it just had better be healthy if you wanna rep lhcf. Can't have us looking bad in them streets lol. Jk jk

On another note make sure you're doing this for the right reasons and not out of anger or frustration. I tex laxed out of frustration and regretted it ever since, for more reasons than one. So take your time with this decision and make sure you're prepared.

Daeuiel

Cosplay Champ
Have you texlaxed before? Do you know how to do it to guarantee the results you want? Is it possible to use a texlaxing technique to make your new growth match the texture of the damaged hair? Those are all the things that immediately popped into my head when I read the OP.

I feel as though you being happy with your hair is way more important that the 'unpopular' decision to texlax. And once that relaxer hits your hair, that's it! So just be sure it's what you want & that you know exactly how to get the optimum results. 2 years & 4 months of transitioning, wow! That's amazing.

Bun Mistress

Thanks, JusMarieJolie. I'm not a straightening junkie. I only flat iron 3 or 4 time a years. Why did I got the BKT is beyond me. Probably the same reason that I want to texlax now. I think I'm frustrated that I transitioned and all the styles I like wiht my hair I can't do and the ones I can I'm not to fond of. Sigh

darlingdiva

Your hair, your decision. If you like it, I love it. Nevermind the angry mob.

Just make sure it's what you really want to do.

Leesh

Your hair, your decision. If you like it, I love it. Nevermind the angry mob.

Just make sure it's what you really want to do.

Cause Thanks is not enough! Nevermind what anyone else thinks, it's your hair. Everyone gets their life and their hair, do as you please with yours! I wish you the best with whatever you choose. I'm sure it will work out for you. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

hzlcreativity

I had a natural nazi try to pressure me into bc'ing before I was ready. The convo got a little ugly, but I was muuuch happier a week later when I didn't bc that day! It's important for you to be happy with your hair.

If you want straight hair, then straighten it; but don't make the decision based on a whim/passing emotion.

From what I understand (which isn't much) about texlaxing, generating consistent results is somewhat of an art, instead of a science (like a relaxer kit: mix a into b, apply for x-xxmin, rinse). Just make sure you practice on a few "hidden" strands and get as much information as possible, before you do your 'do.

Ish

Toy

Do you...its your hair do what you want... u are the one who has to live with it.

Roux

i'm more concerned with you applying chemicals to potentially damaged hair. I would honestly do a mini chop to make sure you are getting all the damaged parts of your hair cut off before applying chemicals.

Bun Mistress

My hair is MBL, thereis no mini chop. I'm only planning to apply chemicals to my nartural hair and try to blend.

Thanks for the feedback peeps. I'll let you know what I decide to do tonight.

otegwu

I did it..and am very happy, but my decision was very calculated and informed, do your reading and research, I did it for 3 months, then relaxed. I was also fustrated with my natural hair, but my decision paid off :)

BraunSugar

I don't think there will be an angry mob. Even if there was, who cares what they think u know? Whatever you do, just take extra care with your hair and make sure it is healthy! :)

Nonie

Wait...there's an anti-relaxing angry mob and chemical processing is unpopular on LHCF? Since when? Or is OP confusing us with another place? Has LHCF changed that much?

Part of why I picked LHCF (and DHCF) and just didn't feel like joining others is I have always found the forum to have an acceptance of both relaxed and natural. I joined the forum when we were only a handful of naturals but even then, I felt welcome here. I was even one of those always against the suggestion we create separate forums one fo naturals and one for relaxed ladies. I have always loved the diversity here...so I had no idea we've got an angry mob. :look: I can understand how someone who looks up to another for guidance in haircare can feel deserted and cheated if the "idol" quits that journey start a different one, but more than that? Say what???

Guess I'm glad I don't really read all the threads coz I'd rather just continue believing this is the old LHCF I joined. Let me stay deluded. :meditate:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Girl, do you! Yes, there is a lot of naturals here. They will not hunt you down and force BC you.:lachen: We are supportive, for the most part.:yep:

destine2grow

This is truly a decision you have to make. I suggest that you think about it and see what best fits your needs. I personally regreted relaxing my hair after I went natural. I am now transitiioning again. Whatever you choose do it for the right reason.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Cant wait to see pics of the texlax. I get tempted every now and then and I've been natural over 2 yrs.

ManeStreet

I suggest not doing it on a whim or because you are feeling emotional. Because you may regret it later. Wait until you are feeling totally logical about it because 2 years is a long time and a long comitment that you made so just make sure you are 100% about it. I transitioned once for a year then texturized and I've regretted ever since. Wish I had thought on it a little longer.

prospurr4

If you are sure, just do it. I may be a little biased, though, because I'm a texlaxer (for 5 years) who couldn't be happier with my hair. :grin:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Why don't you just heat train your hair?

Do whatever will make you happy, it's your hair n you have to live with it, not us. Good luck!

Sent from my iPod Touch using LHCF App

swimfan09

I see that you were relaxed a little over two years ago. Think about what you liked about your relaxed hair and what you didn't like. Why did you transition (meaning, was it for hair health of change of styles)? Have you tried to flat iron your natural hair? Is there anything about your natural hair that you would miss?

Ask yourself these questions and other questions to see where YOU are happiest. DON'T do or not do something simply because of popular sentiment.

I am relaxed/texlaxed and love my hair, 'cause I can get it fairly straight or when I air dry, I have wonderful waves and curls.

LynnieB

Bun Mistress - I'd hate to see you do it (being honest) BUT you have to do whatever makes life easiest for YOU.

Just make sure this is what you want - don't do it on impulse.

Be happy!

Bun Mistress

Ok. So I went all over town looking for photo. No go. Went to Sally's and they had the just for me texture loosener. I pit it on for 5 minutes or less. I got scared. The result was a slightly elongated 4b curl. Nothing drastic. I wish I had detangled before hand. I won't plan to repeat it for six months if at all.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Keen

Ok. So I went all over town looking for photo. No go. Went to Sally's and they had the just for me texture loosener. I pit it on for 5 minutes or less. I got scared. The result was a slightly elongated 4b curl. Nothing drastic. I wish I had detangled before hand. I won't plan to repeat it for six months if at all.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Photo? If you mean Phyto they have them at Sephora.

Ltown

Greyland
There is awesome advice and people here to help you but you'll have to live with it, no one, not even anyone on LHCF is paying or doing your hair for you! Do what going to make you happy!

darlingdiva

Wait...there's an anti-relaxing angry mob and chemical processing is unpopular on LHCF? Since when? Or is OP confusing us with another place? Has LHCF changed that much?

Part of why I picked LHCF (and DHCF) and just didn't feel like joining others is I have always found the forum to have an acceptance of both relaxed and natural. I joined the forum when we were only a handful of naturals but even then, I felt welcome here. I was even one of those always against the suggestion we create separate forums one fo naturals and one for relaxed ladies. I have always loved the diversity here...so I had no idea we've got an angry mob. :look: I can understand how someone who looks up to another for guidance in haircare can feel deserted and cheated if the "idol" quits that journey start a different one, but more than that? Say what???

Guess I'm glad I don't really read all the threads coz I'd rather just continue believing this is the old LHCF I joined. Let me stay deluded. :meditate:

Girrrl, you don't know?:yep: There is an anti-relaxing mob on LHCF. If you say anything other than your natural hair is the essence of the earth, that mob will come at you FOR REAL.

I think of LHCF as my hair home because I have learned & continually learn so much from here. However, that mob is real....don't get it twisted.

girlfromipanema

I say it's your head of hair, you'll have to do what works for you.. I tex laxed for a little over 2 years with great results and length retention (I'm 4b ish).. I used mizani butter blends with initially just oil added in for about 14 min.. I ended up loving the strength of my minimally relaxed hair I began to leave it on for less and less time.. And now I'm transitioning, lol... Which has been a major challenge but hey.. We'll see.. Zan on zanandrob.com has excellent tuts on how to tex lax.. And one of my fav hair icons was natural and then tex laxed so check her fotki out for inspiration if ya need it.. As always HHG!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700