The best hair compliment that I have received so far from a stranger....

naturalmanenyc

...happened today and was about my own natural hair, no braid out, no twist out, just my own curls (not even combed).:grin:

I was in a straight half-wig all morning but the weather was not cooperating, nor was my BKT treatment, so my flat ironed leave out hair started to frizz. Blending my #2 hair with the 1B/30 half wig was simple this morning but by 1 p.m. it was a wreck.

note to self: next BKT will require 3- 4 swipes of the flat iron, not just 2.

I got home after 4 p.m., took off the half-wig and wet my hair to get my curls back in the front. I added some shea moisture shea butter leave-in conditioner, threw on a hat, and went to the BSS to buy some Black & Sassy Style Smoother (works but smells odd).

Once at the BSS, I decided to try on some wigs which meant not only hat hair but also crushed curls from the stocking cap required to try on wigs.

After I tried on a couple of wigs, I fluffed out my own damp hair a bit. A woman walked over and asked me how I got my hair to curl the way it does. I was a little shocked and said "pardon me" and she asked again. I told her that I did nothing, it just grows in that curl pattern. The clerk who was helping me then also commented that my curl pattern looked like a popular wig they once had - Nia Girl by Freetress (a wig that I nearly bought earlier this year).

DH is always saying how great my curly hair looks but to hear it from a total stranger made my day.:grin:

Last edited:

melissa-bee

Have you got a picture? :laugh: I love style smoother by black and sassy, that's getting me through my transition.

naturalmanenyc

I recreated the look today - hat and all. More photos are in my fotki.

caribgirl

So funny...I was just admiring your curls and then walked into this thread!

Yes, girlie!! Your curls are beautiful!!! You have made terrific progress and documented your transition so very well in your fotki!!!

Congrats!!!