So I was at the bank today...(RANT)

kittiekat

...and this woman had the nerve to ask if I had a weave (I wear half wigs for growth) and then proceeded to tell me that my hair wasn't blended well with my weave! Why did she feel it was ok to call me out when I'm not even trying to look cute??? I'm in the damn bank depositing a check!!! Now I know my hair wasn't A+ perfect (rushing out the house this morning=quickly curled hair and a forgotten hat) but it damn sure didn't look like those half wig pictures where they slap a bone straight wig on a fro! So then she asks me what stylist I go to and I say none because I'm done with stylists but yet she tells me how shes a stylist and can fix me up. You think I'm gonna let you touch my hair with your short brittle hair on your head? I was heated after that. :wallbash: And then when I met up with my SO, he tells me he likes this new half wig i got on (New Born Free -Vivian), and how that last wig i wore (Outre -Keya) was too poofy. :ohwell: I am done with people commenting on my hair today! Done!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
:nono:

Why do people like to act like they were raised in the wild? No manners at all.

But if she wanted to get froggy with you, you should have called her out on her own broken down hair. Bet she would have fallen silent right quick.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Is having manners becoming a thing of the past? I don't know why some ppl feel the need to be on wig/weave patrol. Is it really that hard to mind your own business? Sorry OP you had to experience such rudeness.

Last edited:

soulfusion

Wow ... too rude. That certainly is no way to gain clientele. She needs to rethink her strategy (and shut her mouth).

bahamababe242

:nono: Sometimes I think manners are truly dead; How could she have really believed she would gain a client by insulting you? Rude AND Dumb IMO

Poor SO prolly thought he was being supportive :)

kittiekat

:nono: Sometimes I think manners are truly dead; How could she have really believed she would gain a client by insulting you? Rude AND Dumb IMO

Poor SO prolly thought he was being supportive :)

He is such a sweetheart, it just was bad timing that's all

LadyPaniolo

I have heard of stylists doing this before... call themselves keeping it real or whatever by insulting someone's hair. I suppose they think that way they can paint themselves as an honest stylist who would not lie about how a style suited you? But it's just plain rude.

I know better than to let any stylist in my head, much less someone who's hair is chewed up and an inch long.

Urban

I don't know ... maybe it's just me, but if my hair wasn't looking right, I wouldn't mind people letting me know. I guess the lady in the bank had no right because you don't know each other like that. But my SO ... I'd welcome his feedback.

ETA: Just saw your comment about it being bad timing with the SO. I get ya.

guudhair

I don't know any good stylists that go around looking for business (unless they are new in town)...their clients do it for them...not to mention her approach was not professional...after she told you that you should have looked dead at her hair and said, "REALLY?" with the :rolleyes: look on your face.

ETA: I don't mind constructive criticism but the person criticizing better be on point in that area him/herself.

Last edited:

kittiekat

I don't know ... maybe it's just me, but if my hair wasn't looking right, I wouldn't mind people letting me know. I guess the lady in the bank had no right because you don't know each other like that. But my SO ... I'd welcome his feedback.

ETA: Just saw your comment about it being bad timing with the SO. I get ya.

I completely agree but think this lady really was trying to start mess cause she wanted to get me in her shop.

JJamiah

Is manners becoming a thing of the past? I don't know why some ppl feel the need to be on wig/weave patrol. Is it really that hard to mind your own business? Sorry OP you had to experience such rudeness.

Oh I am sorry does manners still exist. I had someone tell me my son was too old for the shopping cart, and he should be in school. I was like really, he is 3, after snickering and rolling the eyes they said I doubt that he is more like 5. I said I think I am in a better position being his mother to know how old he is. Plus why don't you ask his 6 foot 2 father. I am 5' 2".
This isn't the only incident where people think they know his age. Some people actually argue with me about the fact he acts like a 3 year old and shouted learn to control your five year old, he acts like a typical 3 year old. I am like he is only 3, they was like yeah okay if you say so. I am like I say so.

SO MANNERs is like the dinosaurs, extinct!!!

OP sorry for your mishaps, but lately I think people really just got the game twisted or their senses one.

Last edited:

gimbap

People are bold! I wouldn't give advice on someone's appearance unless someone asked me for it OR it was a close family member/friend. This reminds me of when I was working in the mall and a customer asked me what kind of pressed powder I was using (Clinique, at the time). She told me I should try [some random brand], then my face wouldn't look so greasy. B*!$% who asked you!?

JJamiah

People are bold! I wouldn't give advice on someone's appearance unless someone asked me for it OR it was a close family member/friend. This reminds me of when I was working in the mall and a customer asked me what kind of pressed powder I was using (Clinique, at the time). She told me I should try [some random brand], then my face wouldn't look so greasy. B*!$% who asked you!?
:blush::blush::blush::blush:

I guess don't say something you don't want someone to say to you, is a lesson forgotten!

Jewell

OMG is all I can say. {SHAKES HEAD} So sorry this happened to you. Some *eifers have a lot of nerve. I had this woman come sashaying up behind me in line at a Big Lots months ago, and she obviously had on a Lace wig, because you could see all the glue along the front hair line (like she was rushed and it was all on the skin, in the wig hair, and everything). She was acting like she was the ish, with all her makeup, and what not.

She was acting real stank like looking down her nose at everyone around her, and just had a general vibe of, "I'm better than you people" going on. She must be in the beauty industry cuz she had on a black smock (like stylists/makeup artists wear). If she is, she shouldn't be consulting clients about wigs/weaves until she learns to apply her own ish correctly!! And, might I add---the makeup was too much, greasy, and looked of the drag-queen type.

I never give advice to people I don't know, unless they ask me. I don't like it when folks give advice on certain subjects, especially if they are trying to tell you what you need to improve upon...like hair and makeup, or clothes. My thing is, you don't know me. PERIOD.

Last edited:

NikkiGirl

That is extremely rude and I wouldn't hesitate to let her know. I would never walk up to someone I didn't know and make comments on their hair. Well, maybe if it was a compliment.

nappystorm

I have heard of stylists doing this before... call themselves keeping it real or whatever by insulting someone's hair. I suppose they think that way they can paint themselves as an honest stylist who would not lie about how a style suited you? But it's just plain rude.

I know better than to let any stylist in my head, much less someone who's hair is chewed up and an inch long.
I've noticed that ALOT of stylists do this also.

pookaloo83

:rofl: Wow. People are getting more guts by the day. If she wanted more customers, telling them their hair is jacked is not how to do it.

And LMAO at your SO. The end of your post had me laughing. Sorry. :ohwell:

a_shoe_6307

I had that happen to me several times as a sort of "recruiting" method. This was when my hair was MBL and I would just blow it out on days I wanted it to be a little straight. Nothing special and I wasn't trying to be fly or anything. Well these stylists would try to tell me how my hair would look like this and that if I came to their shop. And how this and that was wrong with my hair and how I shouldn't be doing it at home myself. I kindly would tell them no thanks and walk away. They really thought I was going to be fool enough to go to them when they had no hair on their heads so they could cut it all off or fry it to death or try to talk me into a relaxer. No thanks!

lux10023

i dont want anyone commenting on my hair--esppppppp if i dont know u like that

ppl feel the need to get real cute with their comments good and bad---i wouldnt have replied to homegirl--i woulda ignored her

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
WOW and her comment would have you want to be her client? Um, not on your life rude girl!:grin: Why did she feel the need to open her big mouth?:rolleyes:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
well if this happend to me, i wouldnt even be that mad. i woulda been like " girl i know" thats kinda why i stop wearing wigs beucase everyone knewww i was wearing one.

JerriBlank

Her desperate behind is probably ambushing every woman she comes across, trying to get business in. I would have went in on her and her big mouth!! I would have let her know that not everybody is interested in your useless opinions,especially when you have crispity, crunchity hair,yet you're supposed to know what you're doing. Do you need clients that badly?? With ya broke arse!! Lol!!

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
she know she wrong for that! glad it wasn't me, cuz i'm pms'in and feelin mighty violent. they would've had the po po in there. ♥

KrystalClear

Awww! That lady was a mess. It's going to be okay, people feel entitled to say what they want. What did you say to her?