"The Best Hooded or Bonnet Dryer"

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well to make a long story short, my youngest walked into the cord of my aunt's hooded dryer and SNAP :eek: !went the neck of the dryer. About a year ago I did this to mine and that's how I ended up w/my aunt's, she figure since they come here to get their hair done anyway why by another one and they barely use that one. Sooooo now I'm on the prowl for a new Hooded dryer or Bonnet dryer since there easy storage, just really want one w/ a timer this time around. Does anyone have any suggestions on a really good one? Description, brand and model # Please! Thanks Ladies.

LiqueXX

I second the Ion Soft Bonnet Dryer, which is 600 watts (very powerful). As for hooded dryers, I am saving up for a Pibbs 514, I am done with the BSS bought hooded dryers that fall apart after 1 year.

Divine Inspiration

Ok so this one doesn't have a timer, but in terms of durability, it can't be beat...
it's a Dazey. I've had it for umpteen years and moved around with it, and it has NEVER given me a single problem...it's a great dryer with multiple heat settings (i.e. cool, "wig" medium, high etc)...let us know which one you decide to go with!

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I bought the Ion Ionic Conditioning Hard Hooded Dryer from Sally's for $37.99. It's alright, I used it about 3 or 4 times and it's still too early to make a rational decision.

When I did my rollerset and flexi-rod set it took about 2 hours to dry, but I was up and down too.

Cheleigh

I have the Dazey, which I like, but it was the one that never got me dry in the back. I'm glad I have it back, because it's great for deep conditions.

metalkitty

I third the Ion soft bonnet, you'll look like an astronaut but its powerful and soo convenient. It has cool, medium, and high. Barely takes up space, comfy enough to sleep with. It is loud though and doesn't have a timer, but I still love mine. Costs thirty dollars at Sally's.

napgurl

There is actually a soft bonnet that can dry hair in less then two hours? And is powerful? Are you guys pulling my leg? :cool:

Sweet C

MzTami said:
I bought the Ion Ionic Conditioning Hard Hooded Dryer from Sally's for $37.99. It's alright, I used it about 3 or 4 times and it's still too early to make a rational decision.

When I did my rollerset and flexi-rod set it took about 2 hours to dry, but I was up and down too.

My mom just bought this dryer (1875 watts). Its high setting is HOH! (just like them NY DR salons), so when I can bear the high my hair dries in 45 minutes (doobie), but on medium solely, more like 1 hour and 10 minutes. I think she has a hard time getting the dryer up and down though, but I don't have any problems adjusting it.

Miss_Jetsetter

LiqueXX said:
I second the Ion Soft Bonnet Dryer, which is 600 watts (very powerful). As for hooded dryers, I am saving up for a Pibbs 514, I am done with the BSS bought hooded dryers that fall apart after 1 year.

Me too, girl! I had my money all ready to go and get it, but when i got to the warehouse, they were all out of stock. That thing is fast! Can't wait to get it!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

This is theone I've been thinking about, the 1st one that was knocked over and broke was dazey, I think mainly because it was open I had it for 9yrs since hair school in '94, but anyway they have a daisy w/a timer so I'll try to find that one. that Pibbs 514 sounds good but I just can't seem to spend that kind of money at one time, myabe if it goes on sale for $150.00, LOL, that's around my price range.:lol:
Divine Inspiration said:
Ok so this one doesn't have a timer, but in terms of durability, it can't be beat...
it's a Dazey. I've had it for umpteen years and moved around with it, and it has NEVER given me a single problem...it's a great dryer with multiple heat settings (i.e. cool, "wig" medium, high etc)...let us know which one you decide to go with!

Ladylynn

nikki1971 said:
Pibbs 514. Drys my rollersets in 30 minutes.

Nikki, what is your hair length? Do you use magnetic rollers or wire mesh? What setting do you use on your dryer? I'm getting a pibbs for christmas, but I'm trying to see if I could use the magnetic rollers and still have my hair dry fast.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Sweet C said:
My mom just bought this dryer (1875 watts). Its high setting is HOH! (just like them NY DR salons), so when I can bear the high my hair dries in 45 minutes (doobie), but on medium solely, more like 1 hour and 10 minutes. I think she has a hard time getting the dryer up and down though, but I don't have any problems adjusting it.

ITA with your mother. I can open it with no problem, but my hubby has to close it. I hate wrestling with it!

The high is HOT! That is the reason I am up and down, and my rollersets take longer to dry, but I have a hard time sitting there.

lexi08

Ladylynn said:
Nikki, what is your hair length? Do you use magnetic rollers or wire mesh? What setting do you use on your dryer? I'm getting a pibbs for christmas, but I'm trying to see if I could use the magnetic rollers and still have my hair dry fast.

My hair is layered shoulder to collarbone length. I use purple and red magnetic rollers. I have mesh rollers also, but I don't like them because they do not give a smooth set. I forget what setting I use but I think its medium, you know not the hottest setting and not the coolest. I would not use this dryer on the highest setting, it gets way too hot. But, like stated earlier, my rollersets dry in 30 minutes, sometimes 25 if I just use water and a spray leave-in.