The Bible Series on History Channel

Nice & Wavy

I noticed that Peter was exalted as well and I didn't like it. Peter was a great man of God but they deviated too far from the Bible to make him stand out. The question is why? I read the Bible and go from chuckling at some things God/Jesus did to praise, worship and reverence. The Bible captivates all by itself. Adding all these ridiculous details was not necessary.

And I was really upset with how they made it to seem as though Judas has to be made to betray Jesus. Why is this being watered down? Seems like there was an agenda there, and it wasn't to give an accurate depiction of the Bible. The people who produced this claim to be Christians...
Girl, just the fact that they had Jesus pick up a rock with the action of acting as if He was going to hit the woman that was caught in the act of adultery had me almost foaming at the mouth:lol:.

Certainly is an agenda there...and don't get me started, I was just calming down:lol:

MrsHaseeb

Girl, just the fact that they had Jesus pick up a rock with the action of acting as if He was going to hit the woman that was caught in the act of adultery had me almost foaming at the mouth:lol:.

Certainly is an agenda there...and don't get me started, I was just calming down:lol:

Lol. I understand sis.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

AtlantaJJ

I'm reading through parts of the Books of Matthew and Luke today. I was really touched by the scene where Jesus met Matthew the Tax Collector.

It seems that they blended two separate events to create the scene.

Matthew 9:8-13 (labeled Matthew the Tax Collector) and
Luke 18:9-14 - (labeled The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector)

This series has motivated me to read and know the Word!

Nice & Wavy

I'm reading through parts of the Books of Matthew and Luke today. I was really touched by the scene where Jesus met Matthew the Tax Collector.

It seems that they blended two separate events to create the scene.

Matthew 9:8-13 (labeled Matthew the Tax Collector) and
Luke 18:9-14 - (labeled The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector)

This series has motivated me to read and know the Word!
They did this a lot and omitted important stuff too. But like you, I really was touched with the scene with the Tax Collector!:yep:

FrazzledFraggle

I saw this too! I told DH there is no way Jesus would have pretended like he was going to hit her with her looking up at him like that and then be like "psyche...just playin'...i'll give my rock to the person without sin". :nono:

Nice & Wavy

I saw this too! I told DH there is no way Jesus would have pretended like he was going to hit her with her looking up at him like that and then be like "psyche...just playin'...i'll give my rock to the person without sin". :nono:
Girl...that was saying so much against our Lord, made me angry:nono:

MrsHaseeb

To be honest, I have felt that many parts of this series blasphemed God in a subtle way. I was done after the temptation of Jesus portion...

Last edited:

Nonie

I haven't watched the series religiously but I did catch the scene with Lazarus and while I could not remember what Jesus' words had been when he raised him, the script the actor playing Jesus recited made me shake my head almost inadvertently coz I felt that is not what he said. I also didn't think the sister was looking on or that it happened as the movie showed. I think that story didn't have to be changed at all. Lazarus coming out of the cave wrapped ready for burial at Jesus' command would have been more accurate and powerful IMO. Adding stuff to make the movie IMO isn't necessary at all.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I did not like that one bit.. (like they did with Sarah running up the hill). The Lazarus scene.. Jesus wept (mourned) before, not after he was raised :perplexed

MrsHaseeb

Didn' Jesus write on the ground instead of picking up a rock?

When they brought the woman to him, Jesus stooped and wrote on the ground and said nothing. After they pressed Him to respond he got up and then said for the one without sin to cast the first stone. After that he again stooped and wrote on the ground... The series has been upsetting me from the beginning but the way they are portraying Jesus is making me boil.

sweetvi

I didn't know Pontious Pilate wife had a dream and warned her husband not your crucify Jesus! Matthew 27:19

AtlantaJJ

Who's watching???? This is the finale

I'm watching but it's hard to watch on multiple levels. I couldn't watch Mel Gibson's movie either. :nono:

However, DS wants to study the Bible with me because even he recognized some "discrepancies"... there is some good coming out of this series. I know it's upsetting some of us. But God can use anything for His purposes.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Jesus, died on the cross for me. It's personal. He died for all mankind, but I can look at this and know...He died for me.

No words...none.

AtlantaJJ

So Jesus appears to many people after his death! He even ate and drank with them for 40 days?

You have your Bible out and are reading too aren't you? I'm speed reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John!

I was listening to John through my YouVersion app on Good Friday. This has been the most powerful Easter EVER for me! Praise GOD!! He is doing a mighty work!