The Bomb In A Bottle: Your No. 1 Hair Care Product!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
For me it's a tie between...

Hot 6 Oil (ALL PURPOSE Y'ALL) and ORS Replenishing Pak Deep Penetrating Conditioner

However, if I was to reframe the request to say, "if you were stranded on a remote island, what product would you want with you..."

I would definitely vote for HOT 6 Oil!

Nice & Wavy

Hmmm.....I think it would be......EQ Mango Butter. I really like the way it makes my hair soft, moist and supple (when my hair is straightened). I love the smell of it too, so it gets my vote (even though I have at least 10 more I could name)

Allandra

Salerm 21 leave-in

This stuff makes my hair feel so good.

I wish I could list other products, but you said ONLY one.

:lol:

RabiaElaine

Oooooooo this is HARD!!!!!!

Right now I'll say BRX braid spray, since I use that to moisturize my hair will it's weaved.

breezy

I'll go w/ the ORS Replinishing pack. I love it b/c even though I drool at the expensive products I see all the time, this only costs me .90 per pack, it's a great deep conditioner w/ just the right amount of protein my hair needs weekly. And once I get around weeks 6-12 it gives amazing slip under the shower so combing my hair is a breeze. I love the smell and how soft my hair feels after using it, too. :)

janiebaby

I'm not a real PJ so I would have to say the AB Shea Butter Detangling Lotion. It's the only thing that I have and I just so happen to really like the product since I can put it on my hair when it's dry and it won't wet it which I found that alot of leave in products do. Plus, a little goes a long way. I only paid about $4 for it and it should last me until next xmas:D

crlsweetie912

navsegda said:
Well, everyone already knows what my answer is gonna be, but I'm gonna list it here anyway:

:woot:CHI SILK INFUSION SILK RECONSTRUCTING COMPLEX:woot:

:sekret: Where do you get this? I am eyeing some on ebay!

PJ POWERS ACTIVATE!

MzOptimistic

Man...I have to choose just one...I will go with NTM silk touch leave in cuz I can't live without. Although I am currently looking for another leave in that is creamy like NTM..hint...hint...you can never have enough leave ins and hair oils...IMO:p

kandegirl

I would have to say Creme of Nature Shampoo. I try others but when this hair of mine gets tangled, this is the only one that will do!!!

tenderheaded

I'm forced to choose Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter Conditioner. It's wonderful by itself. It makes my henna mix look yummy and easy to rinse out, it does a fab job of stretching my hair mayo.

If you ease up on me and give me another choice, then throw me some ORS paks any day!!!

MonaLisa

crlsweetie912 said:
MOTIONS MOISTURE PLUS CONDITIONER!!!!

Did I say it loud enough? :)

:grin: ...Glad somebody said it...I couldn't add it to my post...I would've been pressing it...it's the shiznit..I wish I had started using it two years ago..

Tee

You all are making me drool.
Crlsweetie you are going to make me get that Motions M. Plus Con.
Nevasega...You all but made me run out to get some Chi. lol
(I can never find the Rusk Smoothers while out shopping.)

My vote (and it's hard to vote for just one. darn it.)

Aveda Sap MossTM Nourishing Concentrate. This stuff is just the bomb!!

chayil0427

So much variety. Really interesting. I see some of y'all still slipped in two though LOL. I knew you hard core PJs wouldn't be able to handle it LOL.

Chayil

bluedaisy

navsegda said:
Well, everyone already knows what my answer is gonna be, but I'm gonna list it here anyway:

1. It is a phenomenal heat protectant. The first three ingredients are three major silicones (cyclomethicone, dimethiconol, dimethicone) that will prevent your hair from being damaged by any form of heat. I really don't need to use anything else, I just do because I bought the products so I might as well use them.
2. It gently reconstructs the hair strands.
3. It strengthens the hair strands.
4. It makes your hair look silky.
5. It makes your hair feel silky, for awhile I was confused as to whether I had "white folk's" hair or not. :lachen:
6. It makes your hair shiny.
7. I can use it before blow drying.
8. I can use it before flat ironing. In fact, ceramic heat ensures that the silk proteins penetrate deeply into the hair strands. Before my Silk Infusion, when I used Motions stuff to flat iron, my hair would get straight, but the next morning my ends would be frizzy. Never a problem with Silk Infusion. Trust me, your hair will not revert. Once I flat iron with it, I do not have to flat iron again. Hell, I think it rained once and my hair got wet and I STILL didn't have to re-flat iron.
9. Perfect to use on a daily basis, even when you aren't using heat.
I can use it to seal in moisture after I moisturize.
10. No matter how much or how little I use, it does NOT leave buildup.
11. No matter how much or how little I use, it never makes my hair GREASY. My hair gladly soaks this stuff up and asks for seconds.
12. It makes your hair soft, even new growth.
13. It contains no alcohol or parabens, unlike Biosilk Silk Therapy (for people who may not like to use products containing these).
14. It smells good.
15. It's a pretty gold color, which is appropriate because your hair is gonna look and feel like gold once you finish using this serum.
16. Stop reading this list and go out and get it! It's just the BOMB!

Ok Navsegda... I'm sold. :lol: Does anyone think its better than Paul Mitchell super skinny serum?

CAPlush

Wild Growth Oil. Used heavily after washing, it always instantly heals my dry hair condition. Used lightly during the week, I think that it stimulates growth. WOO-HOO!!!

ETA: It's nothing but Olive Oil w/ Jojoba added to help the Olive penetrate better. The guy at the health food store explained to me that jojoba is just a carrier oil and has to be used in combination with other oils. There's some vitamins/minerals added that make it smell a bit tart, but I may try to start mixing my own w/o the extra stuff, just the oils.

Last edited:
this thread made me go out and buy the ORS pack but im not sure how it's gonna work on my natural hair, cause it's seems like mostly ladies with relaxed hair rave about it....any naturals use it??

JazzyDez

navsegda said:

1. It is a phenomenal heat protectant. The first three ingredients are three major silicones (cyclomethicone, dimethiconol, dimethicone) that will prevent your hair from being damaged by any form of heat. I really don't need to use anything else, I just do because I bought the products so I might as well use them.
5. It makes your hair feel silky, for awhile I was confused as to whether I had "white folk's" hair or not. :lachen:
8. I can use it before flat ironing. In fact, ceramic heat ensures that the silk proteins penetrate deeply into the hair strands. Before my Silk Infusion, when I used Motions stuff to flat iron, my hair would get straight, but the next morning my ends would be frizzy. Never a problem with Silk Infusion. Trust me, your hair will not revert. Once I flat iron with it, I do not have to flat iron again. Hell, I think it rained once and my hair got wet and I STILL didn't have to re-flat iron.
11. No matter how much or how little I use, it never makes my hair GREASY. My hair gladly soaks this stuff up and asks for seconds.
13. It contains no alcohol or parabens, unlike Biosilk Silk Therapy (for people who may not like to use products containing these).
14. It smells good.
15. It's a pretty gold color, which is appropriate because your hair is gonna look and feel like gold once you finish using this serum.

Hey navsegda after you talked about this in another thread I went and picked it up :)

I used it with my Chi flat iron and it really does "silken" the hair when you use it and makes it very soft! Thanks for the recommendation. the only thing I dont like is the price. That little itty bitty thing is expensive. the 2oz was $12 @ jc penney. but the thing does its job. I will only use it when I flat iron.

My bomb in a bottle vote goes to s-curl though!

Bosslady1

MY Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Conditioner.

Ingredients: Henna, Peppermint, Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Jojoba, Tea Tree....and some more stuff I can't remeber right now!..:look:

pmichael52172

Mine would be this Shea Pomade I use on my hair. My stylist sells and uses it and it makes my hair glossy, not greasy. I use it when I take my bonnet off in the morning to spruce up my hair when curly or take down my wrap when straight.

I guess the guy finally got his website going because I just found it online. http://ashea.com/pages/SHEAPOMADE.html

Tee

naturallylovely said:
this thread made me go out and buy the ORS pack but im not sure how it's gonna work on my natural hair, cause it's seems like mostly ladies with relaxed hair rave about it....any naturals use it??

Tammiematthews (member here) use it and raves about it. She is a natural.

honeybadgirl

navsegda said:

14. It smells good.

:p
OOOOOh i LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! everything you just said is SOOO true!!! it definitely infuses silk in your hair! my hair is like silk once the i flat iron it (fhi) and so soft. LOVE IT:D