The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I stopped wearing a mask a month or so ago and guess who tested positive this weekend. I can't even blame the man cuz he's traveling. The worst symptom I've had was the headache but the cough causing the sore throat is awful. This is not a simple cold. The only crazy thing is as long as I'm up and moving I have a ridiculous amount of energy. As soon as I sit down or lay down it's an effort to get back up UNLESS I have to go to the bathroom and every trip is a sprint.

naturalgyrl5199

I stopped wearing a mask a month or so ago and guess who tested positive this weekend. I can't even blame the man cuz he's traveling. The worst symptom I've had was the headache but the cough causing the sore throat is awful. This is not a simple cold. The only crazy thing is as long as I'm up and moving I have a ridiculous amount of energy. As soon as I sit down or lay down it's an effort to get back up UNLESS I have to go to the bathroom and every trip is a sprint.
Get better!
I had horrible symptoms about ONE day but I was 85% better the next day, and so I rested 3 more days. I had been slipping on mask wearing with my family who are usually paranoid about masks and hygiene. I got it from my mom who was basically patient zero for our vacation. This is the same mom who wears gloves to the store. But my stepdad...he from another planet.

naturalgyrl5199

Everyone will eventually get covid learn how to treat it naturally at HOME. TREAT EARLY.
DAS IT.
I had a post removed early in this thread because I said the same and was privately given the finger wag when I asked about it.

The epidemiology guru--a brother--who tried to tell us in Feb 2020 (valentines day) at our job was almost let go for saying the same.
In our hospital we have a COVID-19 order set: Anyone positive is given Vitamin D, C and Zinc on their medication list.

BrownBetty

I had a post removed early in this thread because I said the same and was privately given the finger wag when I asked about it.

The epidemiology guru--a brother--who tried to tell us in Feb 2020 (valentines day) at our job was almost let go for saying the same.
In our hospital we have a COVID-19 order set: Anyone positive is given Vitamin D, C and Zinc on their medication list.
Do you have a vitamin brand you recommend?

I need to purchase more masks. Work wants us in the office more and folks have given up masking all together.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
A word about :censored: Paxlovid which is the antiviral my doctor gave me. The taste this leaves in my mouth, throat and nose can only be described as miserable. It's like metal and chemicals and sugarless cough syrup. :barf: It wanes a little bit between doses but it comes back with each dose. 2 doses a day for 5 days. :barf:

I still have a cough/throat clearing issue througout the day that i have medication for. The cough early on had me feeling like my insides were rattling but now it's just regular except when I lay on my back.

yamilee21

A word about :censored: Paxlovid which is the antiviral my doctor gave me. The taste this leaves in my mouth, throat and nose can only be described as miserable. It's like metal and chemicals and sugarless cough syrup. :barf: It wanes a little bit between doses but it comes back with each dose. 2 doses a day for 5 days. :barf:

I still have a cough/throat clearing issue througout the day that i have medication for. The cough early on had me feeling like my insides were rattling but now it's just regular except when I lay on my back.
Yes, the Paxlovid leaves a metallic taste in the mouth, but the good news is that it goes away after the last dose. It will be over soon.

awhyley

Mandatory masking, and classes canelled; things are gearing up. Is this going to be the beginning of mandatory social distancing and maybe even lockdowns in a few areas? The economy is already shaky as it is, so it can't really take another global shutdown.

awhyley

I heard today this young guy was found dead in his apt 34 years old. His entire family is in shock. Waiting for the cause of death.
updated for age -- he was fit buff, found dead in the shower autopsy pending.

Not that this means much, but Bray Wyatt (professional wrestler) just passed, due to Covid-19 complications. He got through the Covid, but it left his heart in a weakened state. He was getting better, and almost ready to work, so the (fatal) heart attack shocked everyone. He was just 36 years old. :sad:

Black Ambrosia

Mandatory masking, and classes canelled; things are gearing up. Is this going to be the beginning of mandatory social distancing and maybe even lockdowns in a few areas? The economy is already shaky as it is, so it can't really take another global shutdown.
I don’t think people will accept lockdowns like we had before and I don’t think politicians have the will to fight for them.

vevster

Not that this means much, but Bray Wyatt (professional wrestler) just passed, due to Covid-19 complications. He got through the Covid, but it left his heart in a weakened state. He was getting better, and almost ready to work, so the (fatal) heart attack shocked everyone. He was just 36 years old. :sad:
This guy was just fine. Just vaxxed.