The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Black Ambrosia

I’m fine with another lock down…
A co-worker of mine told me recently that she was hoping for another lockdown so we wouldn't have to go into the office. I thought it was morbid but honest. I'd be ok with it too but only if we had a round of covid like when it first started. People seem to mostly be navigating the current variants ok. Not sure if that's because it's milder or people are better protected or both.

Evolving78

A co-worker of mine told me recently that she was hoping for another lockdown so we wouldn't have to go into the office. I thought it was morbid but honest. I'd be ok with it too but only if we had a round of covid like when it first started. People seem to mostly be navigating the current variants ok. Not sure if that's because it's milder or people are better protected or both.
I’m aware of the dark-side. I wouldn’t want people, especially children to suffer in anyway. I would prefer social distancing to minimize risk.

PatDM'T

Not that this means much, but Bray Wyatt (professional wrestler) just passed, due to Covid-19 complications. He got through the Covid, but it left his heart in a weakened state. He was getting better, and almost ready to work, so the (fatal) heart attack shocked everyone. He was just 36 years old. :sad:
I didn't know
about this guy
but someone just
showed me this:
IMG_20230828_132858.jpg
His first wife.
They got divorced
when Jojo (woman
in first pic
who later became
wife #2) got
pregnant. He was
a busy boy.
No wonder he
had a bad
heart even
before COVID.

Last edited:

awhyley

I didn't know
about this guy
but someone just
showed me this:
View attachment 491135
His first wife.
They got divorced
when Jojo (woman
in first pic
who later became
wife #2) got
pregnant. He was
a busy boy.
No wonder he
had a bad
heart even
before COVID.

I don't believe that that is Jo Jo in that pic. Looks like either the first wife or his sister. Sadly, they were planning to marry once he was well, but based on the below, it never happed. Hope he got his situation in order, as he and Jo Jo have two kids also.

“We Are Not Officially Married” – Bray Wyatt’s Broken Dream to Marry Jojo Offerman Will Tear Up WWE Universe After His Saddening Death​

Since the wrestling industry lost one of its most precious gems in the form of Bray Wyatt. However, fans are still not ready to accept the unfortunate truth. With the positive updates about his health, the loss was extremely shocking. Everyone, including his fiancee, had massive dreams to be fulfilled with ‘The Fiend’.

Bray Wyatt fell in love with the former WWE announcer Jojo Offerman while he was married to Samantha Rotunda. After parting ways with his ex-wife, he got along with Jojo and the two have been together ever since. While the two got engaged in 2022, it is heartbreaking to note that the couple had plans to marry by the end of this year.

Jojo Offerman spoke to the Bella Twins on The Bellas Podcast back in January 2023 and disclosed the plans for her wedding. “We’re not officially married, [we ‘re] engaged, but we will be married at the end of the year. We picked our date and everything. It’s fun, the kids are crazy,” she said on asked about her life with Bray.

How many kids does Bray Wyatt have with Jojo?
Bray Wyatt and Jojo Offerman were blessed with two kids in the course of their 6 years of togetherness. The couple was blessed with a baby boy in May 2019 who they named Knash Sixx. The WWE Universe showered heaps of love on the child. Bray Wyatt’s dearest friend – Braun Strowman had the opportunity to be his godfather.

Jojo Offerman became a mother for a second time when she was blessed with another child; this time, a girl. Bray Wyatt and Jojo named the May 2020-born, Hyrie. The couple marked another milestone in 2022 when they got engaged amidst their close ones. However, they couldn’t make it up to the marriage following Wyatt’s sudden demise.

Why did Bray Wyatt part with his ex-wife?
Bray Wyatt and Samantha Rotunda were college love birds. Being well acquainted with each other and having soft spots for each other, the two decided to get married. In 2012, the couple took their wedding vows in front of their friends and family. Things initially went on smoothly for the couple.

They were blessed with two daughters named Kendyl and Cadyn in 2011 and 2013 respectively. However, later, Samantha accused Bray of having an extramarital affair. She also claimed that her husband has estranged her and her children and filed for divorce. The divorce proceedings came to a conclusion in 2017 and they legally parted ways.

Link: https://sportsmanor.com/wwe-news-we...ar-up-wwe-universe-after-his-saddening-death/

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
"Bray Wyatt and Jojo Offerman were blessed with two kids in the course of their 6 years of togetherness."

But he couldn't bless her with legal marriage sooner rather than too damn late. Baby Mama's are not entitled to anything legally unless dude had a will and most men aren't putting their girlfriends in a will IF they even have one. These white people will be fine without my concern, but women really need to learn that the piece of paper has an extreme amount of value when a dude drop dead on you and your kids.

MizAvalon

I don’t think people will accept lockdowns like we had before and I don’t think politicians have the will to fight for them.
Agreed. People will never accept a lockdown like before. I don’t think they will accept masking like before either.

I actually didn’t mind lockdown for the first month or two. Saved a ton of money and reconnected with DH since there was nowhere to go and nothing to do. We made cheeseboards, played cards and board games, binge watched shows, had happy hour at home. It was really nice. After a couple of months I was over it but I did enjoy it.

naijamerican

Yeah, ION EVAH want to get covid again. If I was a public figure, it would be Retirment time cuz everybody ain't go just be breathing on me like that.
Exactly. I had it twice last year; the first time was in August, and the second time was in December. It was so debilitating, particularly the second time, where I struggled with fatigue to such a degree that I had to take naps during the day just to get work done. I live in constant fear of getting it a 3rd time. I wear masks almost everywhere I go and recently purchased a bunch of N95s. Thank God, I'm doing fine, but there's some compelling research coming out about long COVID that makes me not want to play around.

My parents had COVID in early August. We suspect that they caught it from my niece, who started daycare earlier this year. My mom is continuing to have a bad cough and I'm praying fervently that she does not develop long COVID. :(

ScorpioBeauty09

Exactly. I had it twice last year; the first time was in August, and the second time was in December. It was so debilitating, particularly the second time, where I struggled with fatigue to such a degree that I had to take naps during the day just to get work done. I live in constant fear of getting it a 3rd time. I wear masks almost everywhere I go and recently purchased a bunch of N95s. Thank God, I'm doing fine, but there's some compelling research coming out about long COVID that makes me not want to play around.

My parents had COVID in early August. We suspect that they caught it from my niece, who started daycare earlier this year. My mom is continuing to have a bad cough and I'm praying fervently that she does not develop long COVID. :(
My family's been very lucky that none of us have gotten COVID. I fear long COVID more than dying. The stories about people getting COVID in the hospital because doctors/nurses refuse to mask up and get an attitude if you ask them to are terrifying. Thankfully the offices and hospitals in our area never really stopped masking. DH and I continue to mask everywhere and I make sure I have KN95s/N95s stocked up. I hear mask mandates in our area might be coming back.

I'm especially vigilant now because my dad had a heart/kidney transplant a couple weeks ago and I just found out I'm pregnant.

I hope your mom doesn't develop long COVID either.

Lylddlebit

My family's been very lucky that none of us have gotten COVID. I fear long COVID more than dying. The stories about people getting COVID in the hospital because doctors/nurses refuse to mask up and get an attitude if you ask them to are terrifying. Thankfully the offices and hospitals in our area never really stopped masking. DH and I continue to mask everywhere and I make sure I have KN95s/N95s stocked up. I hear mask mandates in our area might be coming back.

I'm especially vigilant now because my dad had a heart/kidney transplant a couple weeks ago and I just found out I'm pregnant.

I hope your mom doesn't develop long COVID either.
Thank you for sharing this. I get encouraged when people share stories of remaining COVID-free during these times. It's like hearing about people who never catch the flu. I do think your intentionality is making a difference for you and your hubby.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Did anybody else who was vaccinated turn into a zombie after the Emergency Alert Test yesterday? I did have a rare steak last night so it may be the start of the vaccine apocalypse.:greedy:

They're coming to get you Barbara Keisha! Bwuuuuhahhahahaha

:assimilate:

yamilee21

I did see one random warning that people who wear hearing aids might want to turn off their devices and remove the hearing aids, *just in case* the test caused some temporary interference. Someone please explain to me why my elderly relative, who turned off and unplugged everything (phone, laptop, iPad, computer, WiFi, television, radio AND landline phone) at 1:30 PM EDT, and kept everything off for three hours, claims her ears have been ringing ever since the Emergency Alert Test, when she doesn’t even own hearing aids? :nuts: :lol: