The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

Black Ambrosia

The Israel boy in the Pfizer ads died of a heart attack at 8 years old.. I'm sure it was a coincidence.

An eight-year-old boy from Nofei Prat died today (Thursday) at Hadassah Mount Scopus Hospital after nearly drowning in a bathtub on Sunday, Yom Kippur Eve.

The boy, Yonatan Moshe Erlichman, is the grandson of Beit El doctor Dr. Mati Erlichman, the former director of pediatrics in Shaare Zedek, and the son of Dr. Ira Erlichman, a doctor at Hadassah Hospital.

The family said in a statement: "Our Yonatan Moshe passed away a short time ago. On the eve of Yom Kippur, Yonatan went into cardiac arrest in our home, and since then we have struggled by his side after he collapsed. With love, we thank all those dear to us, who were by our side during the last days of his life. Details of the funeral date will be provided later, Yael, Ira, and the girls."

Yonatan nearly drowned in the bathtub after going into cardiac arrest a few hours before Yom Kippur. Magen David Adom (MDA) medics and paramedics arrived at the scene within a few minutes, gave him medical treatment, and performed CPR on him.

When his pulse returned, he was evacuated to Hadassah Hospital in Mount Scopus in serious condition. In the last few days it seemed that his condition was improving a little, but this morning he passed away.
I'm not familiar with the ad. Do we know for sure that he received the vaccine and wasn't an actor or model?

vevster

Someone in my building feels the pandemic is over. Someone put a huge box of Covid tests in my lobby. It’s been there since Sunday. The quantities don’t appear to be decreasing. Few takers.

Lylddlebit

vevster said:
Someone in my building feels the pandemic is over. Someone put a huge box of Covid tests in my lobby. It’s been there since Sunday. The quantities don’t appear to be decreasing. Few takers.
I know multiple people with COVID right now. All of them have both had COVID-19 in the past and have been vaccinated against COVID-19. So, I don't really know if they are actually experiencing new infections or if the mRNA within their bodies is manifesting latency/dormant-outbreak, recurring cycles. I suspect the latter.

Last edited:

vevster

I know multiple people with COVID right now. All of them have both had COVID-19 in the past and have been vaccinated against COVID-19. So, I don't really know if they are actually experiencing new infections or if the mRNA within their bodies is manifesting latency/dormant-outbreak, recurring cycles. I suspect the latter.
The Cleveland Clinic did a great study. The more shots you get the more susceptible you are to Covid.

dancinstallion

just so happens Yesterday I was on a flight, I just met a young man 24 yr old from China. He was talking about during the lock down in China, a family burned to death in their apartment because their doors were locked from the outside because everyone was on lock down so they couldn't get out. ppl protested. In response China lifted/relaxed the restrictions then almost everyone caught ccovid. He said a lot of elderly ppl died but China doesn't report it.

It must be bad over there.

Oan the babies over here are still getting blood clots.

Belle Du Jour

The Cleveland Clinic did a great study. The more shots you get the more susceptible you are to Covid.
I have seen those studies. They are definitely part of the picture.
An alternative explanation of that study:

Lylddlebit

just so happens Yesterday I was on a flight, I just met a young man 24 yr old from China. He was talking about during the lock down in China, a family burned to death in their apartment because their doors were locked from the outside because everyone was on lock down so they couldn't get out. ppl protested. In response China lifted/relaxed the restrictions then almost everyone caught ccovid. He said a lot of elderly ppl died but China doesn't report it.

It must be bad over there.

Oan the babies over here are still getting blood clots.
Yes. I remember when that burning happened. A true tragedy.

Lylddlebit

Belle Du Jour said:
www.factcheck.org

Cleveland Clinic Study Did Not Show Vaccines Increase COVID-19 Risk - FactCheck.org

Numerous studies have found that additional COVID-19 shots are generally associated with extra protection against the coronavirus. Many people on social media, however, have shared a preliminary finding from a Cleveland Clinic study and misrepresented it as proving that getting more doses...
www.factcheck.org
www.factcheck.org
I have seen those too. Best wishes and I am glad you seem to be alright. If you have experienced of remaining healthy without managing a condition and are comfortable sharing, please add. I know a group of people who are vaccinated but not boosted. A few of them have neither caught Covid-19, nor manifested moderate-major health/cognitive concerns. More examples of Covid-19 vaccinated folks who remain healthy without neurodivergent diagnoses would provide much needed perspective on flourishing through covid. It is kind of discouraging when all the people I hear promoting the vaccine are used to managing physical health/mental health/cognitive conditions, acquiesced to it to keep their income flowing in, or later changed their perspective on promoting the vaccine after they were unprotected from covid or experienced a vaccine injury. I get a bit hopeful when folks I know who are vaccinated, but passed on boosters, haven't had severe negative impact (even if they have had some minor ones). I would love examples across all groups healthy and flourishing, whether vaccinated or vaccine free, but it has been hard to find Covid-19 vaccinated folks in good health during my search. I need a vaccinated person who says they feel great, to have medical history that proves that. Instead I most often find people verbally saying they feel great in one conversation then in a upcoming one talking about a procedure or condition that they attribute to someone other than covid vaccines. I want to stop encountering that pattern. Where are all the vaccinated folk who felt awful a few days post shot but never got sick? Where are all the people who caught covid, whether vaccinated or not, and don't have any chronic conditions continuing? I know there are still people in perfect health but I will admit I bothers me to know they are all vaccine free. Where are all the vaccinated folks who have remained healthy? I seriously would find that encouraging for my vaccinated loved one, but the best I have found is noting when adverse reactions have been manageable, sporadic or mild. Which is better than nothing, but is hoping that reaction will happen but hope they will be mild, sporadic or manageable the best I can hope for within my vaccinated loved ones. I certainly hope not. I would like them to all have full recoveries. Hope for that anywhere, would be great.

I

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

Belle Du Jour said:
Obviously people will believe what they want to believe about covid and covid vaccines. My goal is not to try and convince anyone either way. :yep: I wish the best health for everyone!
No argument. Sorry if I came off that way. I am probably projecting because my baby sister is in bad shape with her 3rd round of covid right now, despite being vaccinated and boosted. She should be talking mess to me about why her vaccine prevented it from getting bad and how if I would've gotten vaccinated I would have started going outside sooner, but today she can't talk that mess and signal she is well enough to "give me a go". I would just be good to hear any examples of people who are healthy and vaccinated right now, but I will keep looking.

Shula

I have seen those too. Best wishes and I am glad you seem to be alright. If you have experienced of remaining healthy without managing a condition and are comfortable sharing, please add. I know a group of people who are vaccinated but not boosted. A few of them have neither caught Covid-19, nor manifested moderate-major health/cognitive concerns. More examples of Covid-19 vaccinated folks who remain healthy without neurodivergent diagnoses would provide much needed perspective on flourishing through covid. It is kind of discouraging when all the people I hear promoting the vaccine are used to managing physical health/mental health/cognitive conditions, acquiesced to it to keep their income flowing in, or later changed their perspective on promoting the vaccine after they were unprotected from covid or experienced a vaccine injury. I get a bit hopeful when folks I know who are vaccinated, but passed on boosters, haven't had severe negative impact (even if they have had some minor ones). I would love examples across all groups healthy and flourishing, whether vaccinated or vaccine free, but it has been hard to find Covid-19 vaccinated folks in good health during my search. I need a vaccinated person who says they feel great, to have medical history that proves that. Instead I most often find people verbally saying they feel great in one conversation then in a upcoming one talking about a procedure or condition that they attribute to someone other than covid vaccines. I want to stop encountering that pattern. Where are all the vaccinated folk who felt awful a few days post shot but never got sick? Where are all the people who caught covid, whether vaccinated or not, and don't have any chronic conditions continuing? I know there are still people in perfect health but I will admit I bothers me to know they are all vaccine free. Where are all the vaccinated folks who have remained healthy? I seriously would find that encouraging for my vaccinated loved one, but the best I have found is noting when adverse reactions have been manageable, sporadic or mild. Which is better than nothing, but is hoping that reaction will happen but hope they will be mild, sporadic or manageable the best I can hope for within my vaccinated loved ones. I certainly hope not. I would like them to all have full recoveries. Hope for that anywhere, would be great.

I

No argument. Sorry if I came off that way. I am probably projecting because my baby sister is in bad shape with her 3rd round of covid right now, despite being vaccinated and boosted. She should be talking mess to me about why her vaccine prevented it from getting bad and how if I would've gotten vaccinated I would have started going outside sooner, but today she can't talk that mess and signal she is well enough to "give me a go". I would just be good to hear any examples of people who are healthy and vaccinated right now, but I will keep looking.
ETA: @Belle Du Jour I messed up and meant to mention your post.

I think that because this uncharted territory, many of these things can be true. I’m not sure if you’ve come across my posts on my family’s experience with Covid vaccines yet or not but we all had two vacs and one booster. My neuro symptoms and autoimmune present illnesses went off the charts. Then I racked up another 8 or 9 diagnoses in quick succession. For instance, I’ve been trying to tell these folks I have MS for decades and they didn’t believe me. They did a biopsy in 2016 and said I did not have Sjogren’s. After the mRNA, they are Ms. Shula, did you know we see MS in your eyes and now my Sjogren’s shows up clear as day in blood tests that never yielded positive results before. My oldest daughter had joint pain and extreme fatigue and migraines after sun exposure. I’ve been taking her in for the last 10 years for one thing or another. She clearly came up positive for Lupus, Sjogren’s, and Hashimoto’s after vaccination. Just simple bloodwork results and we’ve been doing bloodwork for years without answers.

I believe there is a subset of folks with autoimmunity that are adversely affected by the vaccine. I thought that it was the autism community which I had no clue that I was a card carrying member myself :laugh:, but it’s not strictly them because I did a very unscientific survey, and I have found only two it happened to, but not nearly to the severity I’ve had. I found far more who had no issues. I have a laundry list of illnesses, but autoimmune disorders tend to continue to pile up if you have them to begin with. I could say that eventually this may have happened anyway because that’s how these illnesses work. However, I have never had this level of activity with my illnesses; something is always in flare up mode. Basically, we are becoming sicker faster. My daughter as well. I do believe the vaccine is responsible for that, just in watching my daughter’s illness progression vs mine and how my health needs constant attention.

I have plenty of family members (same gene pool) who had zero issues with the vaccine at all. I have plenty of friends that are vaccinated without issue as well. I have always been a person who reacts badly to most prescribed medications. On the commercials when they list the horrible side effects of meds that are worse than the condition you’re trying to treat? That’s me. They are talking directly to me so much so that me and one of my doctors used to crack up about it at each appointment until one med nearly killed me. Perhaps, there is something about our biology that makes us vulnerable, so I’m still looking for that boogeyman, too.

As for the autism, I know the vaccine didn’t cause it because anyone knowledgeable could probably take a handful of posts from here and see Shula is different. :lachen:Old posts about rage cleaning and wishing my kids would leave my fridge orderly and stop messing up my salad dressing/condiment pristine layout. Early untaught reader, bit of a loner but I almost never fell loneliness, mental math junkie, hyperlexia, etc. I explain it like this for myself: It turned up the volume or symptomatology so loud on my illnesses, especially the neuro stuff, that they couldn’t be missed or ignored anymore. The only thing I know it gave me for sure, without question, is the brain tumor. I got a nice little vascular hemangioma to go with the vasculitis in my eyes now.

So yes, some people are being injured by the vaccine. Does that mean that it’s not safe for others? Not necessarily and even regular meds work that way. I can take penicillin; my mother could not. Also, as of November 25, 2023, no one in my home has had Covid except hubby a couple of months ago. I will be praying for you all, especially your sister, because I know the frustration of chronic illness. I feel like we have Long Covid- Vaccine Edition and I pray you’re not in Florida because I have been working on this for almost a couple of years now and you can’t even get these folks to admit there is a problem. The young man who did my autism screening was also affected. I never mentioned the vaccine to him because I’m sick of people looking at me like I have 5 heads. The first thing he said to me was, “You didn’t take that vaccine, did you?” It seemed like I stared at him for an eternity as I mentally weighed if I should talk about it or if they were going to use it against me because all of the neurodivergence stuff is through the roof here. Doctors‘ schedules are packed. When I called about the brain tumor, I was told the waitlist was a year long. Autism screening? Same. Autoimmune illness and rheumatology appointments which I now consider the flip side to autism? Same.

Also, if this helps, hubby is vaxxed and boosted and fine. When he caught Covid, it was the sickest I have ever seen him, but he got through it at home in a matter of days.

Lylddlebit

I think that because this uncharted territory, many of these things can be true. I’m not sure if you’ve come across my posts on my family’s experience with Covid vaccines yet or not but we all had two vacs and one booster. My neuro symptoms and autoimmune present illnesses went off the charts. Then I racked up another 8 or 9 diagnoses in quick succession. For instance, I’ve been trying to tell these folks I have MS for decades and they didn’t believe me. They did a biopsy in 2016 and said I did not have Sjogren’s. After the mRNA, they are Ms. Shula, did you know we see MS in your eyes and now my Sjogren’s shows up clear as day in blood tests that never yielded positive results before. My oldest daughter had joint pain and extreme fatigue and migraines after sun exposure. I’ve been taking her in for the last 10 years for one thing or another. She clearly came up positive for Lupus, Sjogren’s, and Hashimoto’s after vaccination. Just simple bloodwork results and we’ve been doing bloodwork for years without answers.

I believe there is a subset of folks with autoimmunity that are adversely affected by the vaccine. I thought that it was the autism community which I had no clue that I was a card carrying member myself :laugh:, but it’s not strictly them because I did a very unscientific survey, and I have found only two it happened to, but not nearly to the severity I’ve had. I found far more who had no issues. I have a laundry list of illnesses, but autoimmune disorders tend to continue to pile up if you have them to begin with. I could say that eventually this may have happened anyway because that’s how these illnesses work. However, I have never had this level of activity with my illnesses; something is always in flare up mode. Basically, we are becoming sicker faster. My daughter as well. I do believe the vaccine is responsible for that, just in watching my daughter’s illness progression vs mine and how my health needs constant attention.

I have plenty of family members (same gene pool) who had zero issues with the vaccine at all. I have plenty of friends that are vaccinated without issue as well. I have always been a person who reacts badly to most prescribed medications. On the commercials when they list the horrible side effects of meds that are worse than the condition you’re trying to treat? That’s me. They are talking directly to me so much so that me and one of my doctors used to crack up about it at each appointment until one med nearly killed me. Perhaps, there is something about our biology that makes us vulnerable, so I’m still looking for that boogeyman, too.

As for the autism, I know the vaccine didn’t cause it because anyone knowledgeable could probably take a handful of posts from here and see Shula is different. :lachen:Old posts about rage cleaning and wishing my kids would leave my fridge orderly and stop messing up my salad dressing/condiment pristine layout. Early untaught reader, bit of a loner but I almost never fell loneliness, mental math junkie, hyperlexia, etc. I explain it like this for myself: It turned up the volume or symptomatology so loud on my illnesses, especially the neuro stuff, that they couldn’t be missed or ignored anymore. The only thing I know it gave me for sure, without question, is the brain tumor. I got a nice little vascular hemangioma to go with the vasculitis in my eyes now.

So yes, some people are being injured by the vaccine. Does that mean that it’s not safe for others? Not necessarily and even regular meds work that way. I can take penicillin; my mother could not. Also, as of November 25, 2023, no one in my home has had Covid except hubby a couple of months ago. I will be praying for you all, especially your sister, because I know the frustration of chronic illness. I feel like we have Long Covid- Vaccine Edition and I pray you’re not in Florida because I have been working on this for almost a couple of years now and you can’t even get these folks to admit there is a problem. The young man who did my autism screening was also affected. I never mentioned the vaccine to him because I’m sick of people looking at me like I have 5 heads. The first thing he said to me was, “You didn’t take that vaccine, did you?” It seemed like I stared at him for an eternity as I mentally weighed if I should talk about it or if they were going to use it against me because all of the neurodivergence stuff is through the roof here. Doctors‘ schedules are packed. When I called about the brain tumor, I was told the waitlist was a year long. Autism screening? Same. Autoimmune illness and rheumatology appointments which I now consider the flip side to autism? Same.

Also, if this helps, hubby is vaxxed and boosted and fine. When he caught Covid, it was the sickest I have ever seen him, but he got through it at home in a matter of days.
@Shula I want to thank you for being genuine and transparent. You authenticity is very helpful. Even though the negative side effects make me mad, that is nothing compared to the experiences of those suffering, including you. Days like this week, I just wish there were more positive testimonials to balance out the negatives I see all the time. Even in when the negatives are the majority, I want a line of sight to the positive parts too. Thank you for responding with your own experience and examples of those who are doing well. That is very helpful and what I was looking for.

Belle Du Jour

No I didn't think you were arguing! But I know it's a sensitive subject. I started to type a longer response to your earlier message and I realized it wasn't necessary. I hope your sister gets better soon :kiss:

Belle Du Jour

I agree that some people have been injured by the vaccine, as with any medical treatment. They all carry risk. However, I have seen patients with long COVID who are permanently messed up. COVID is just diabolical. I didn't get vaccinated for the first 7 months that it was available, then my intuition told me to do it. I'm glad that I listened because several months later, I got COVID. It could have been worse, had I not been vaccinated.
That being said, I intentionally decided to not get another mRNA vaccine because I was not comfortable with the technology.

Shula

I intentionally decided to not get another mRNA vaccine because I was not comfortable with the technology.

Yes, ma’am. I intentionally did not give my transplant daughter that specific one and the rest of us had it. My intuition screams at me over her care because of her medical history and past experiences. That girl (mRNA) is not ready for prime time. Why do I say this? I did my flu shot like I’ve done every year for 25 years now, when I tell y’all I got sick as a dog from it! Never had a problem before this. It also erased the little progress I had from the vax injury. Something about that mRNA has changed me and that right there does scare me a bit. Like what else can I not tolerate now that was fine before? I almost died by orange the other day. Full on allergic reaction family on standby for 911. Never had that happen before, either. My biology is DIFFERENT now.

Nay

I
My husband and I have taken every Covid-19 vaccination available with the most recent one being the Novavax. We have never had Covid nor have we experienced any adverse reactions whatsoever from the vaccines.. We are both healthy with no health conditions. We maintain our weight and exercise regularly. Neither of us take any medications, and at 58 I can still run a 7:40 mile and do about 30 standard push-ups. My in-laws also have had all of the Covid shots and haven't had any reactions nor have they caught Covid. I know that's a small example, but there are folks out there who seem to be doing just fine. We are all still Covid conscious and still wear masks in public. I believe this has helped us to stay Covid free.

Lylddlebit

My husband and I have taken every Covid-19 vaccination available with the most recent one being the Novavax. We have never had Covid nor have we experienced any adverse reactions whatsoever from the vaccines.. We are both healthy with no health conditions. We maintain our weight and exercise regularly. Neither of us take any medications, and at 58 I can still run a 7:40 mile and do about 30 standard push-ups. My in-laws also have had all of the Covid shots and haven't had any reactions nor have they caught Covid. I know that's a small example, but there are folks out there who seem to be doing just fine. We are all still Covid conscious and still wear masks in public. I believe this has helped us to stay Covid free.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Your testimonial is very encouraging and gives a line of sight to someone remaining healthy while vaccinated. I really appreciate your example. It imparts realistic hope. Your example size may be small, but it reflects the standard I have wanted to see the most.

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
I could’ve written this exact post. Except I’ve stopped masking entirely since my Aruba trip in May and all of my shots and boosters have been MRNA. Went to Massachusetts for a week long training first week of October (got my last MRNA booster right before that trip). Was surrounded by 40 people (from all over the world mind you) for an in person 8hours a day class for 5 days. No covid, no flu, no cold, no RSV. Not a sniffle. B+ blood type so I’m not the type that “may” have some natural immunity (I think that’s type O). And I’m also 58.

vevster

I am going anecdotal -- I spent Thanksgiving w/ family. They all caught Covid a week or two after getting the shots.