The dangers of jumping on the "band wagon"

marie170 said:
I think Nexxus has taken a turn for the worse. I remember using it years ago and I thought it was the best thing on earth but this last batch I bought about 6 months ago just didn't seem right. My hair did feel drier than normal. Something has definately changed with the way they are making the product.

I thought I was the only one. I still use Therape but Humectress just doesn't do what it use to. I use to use it as a leave in but I can't use it that way anymore. I now just deep condition and rinse out. If I leave it in my hair it becomes dry. Well they are changing formulas and names anyway.

Well, Nexxus has always done me right as a PROFESSIONAL line. Now that they're selling it in stores, I'd be willing to bet that the ingredients have changed. I haven't even tried the mass-marketed Nexxus b/c I know it won't be the same...

I just moved on to my beloved J/A/S/O/N and all has been right in my hair world. :D

HoneyDew said:
I agree, Nexxus products are no good for me.

Emergencee is the only one that works for me.

They did not work for me either. :confused: I thought it was just my hair type.

I tried to convince my hair that Nexxus was good, but I am finally coming to terms that other products work better for my hair. Especially this past month, Nexxus has been making my hair very dry. Even when I rinse conditioner from my hair it kind of feels wirey. I'm just gonna finish my liters (don't want to be wasteful).

I've never been able to use the Therappe or the Humctress...not from years ago (old recipe). Everything doesn't work for everybody.

I can't use any of their shampoos because of allergic reactions (amazing I never had any such a thing with MTG:confused: )

But I do have a stockpile of their salon only keraphix and ensure. Once thats gone, I'll have to search out another line.

-A

The same thing I was wondering, Nexxus has done nothing but rejuvenate my use to be thirsty ends (the old one). I refuse to buy the New one when my stash runs out, I guess trial and error has it's good side and bad side. Also it lets ya remember how good your staple products really are.
lwill38 said:
was this the "new" nexxus or the "old" one :confused:
Ever since it was sold in Walmart, I have refused to purchase. I knew something was going to be wrong with the "new" nexxus. Sorry that happened to you. :(

ETA: I've only tried Humectress: great at first, but then led to white hair and I tried Keraphix: 10 stars all around, but I havent purchased it since they went retail

Can't use any Nexxus shampoos, never could. My hair would end up dry and brittle, screaming for mercy.

Emergencee is the only Nexxus product that can even touch my hair and not do damage.

I'm using Therappe now, and I like it. Now, Humectress? That's another story. Can't begin to tell you how much my hair hated that stuff. Like the woman who started the thread said, Humectress in my hair was as if someone tied tons of little knots in it. It made my hair feel like sandpaper.

Hi Ladies,
I really like Nexxus products, I have only tried the Therappe and Humectress, but they work well on my fine strands. I bought these after recommendations on this board and have not been disappointed. The only thing that bothers me is the chemicals.

I find that these products work better for me in humid climates, therefore I tend to use them more in the summer. The Humectress I use occasionally for DC in other seasons.

Any products recommended I look at the ingredients, smell and constituency, before I make a decision as to whether I will buy them. The last 2 products I bought were the ORS Replenishing Pack and Shea Butter Cholestral Creme, which are very good and do not break the bank!

Fortunately for me a lot of the products recommended on this board are not available in the UK and I refuse to pay ridiculous shipping fees.

MeechUK

Back